Do Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?

Does Rangers get a "free pass" from referees?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I try and stay away from the paranoia stuff tbh but its hard to when you hear about getting a penalty what seems to be every week, the same player stamping on people etc. It doesn’t help as well when you see dog shit refs like Andrew Dallas getting fast tracked just because of who his dad is.

Tin hat on here but Im still an advocate for VAR in Scottish football just to put some of this crap to bed. I totally understand though that we don't have the money for it right now. They would also probably make a c**t of it more than the English refs. 

ETA - a lot of them are just terrible refs I may add rather than bias, Collum being a shining example. 

Edited by gannonball

9 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I try and stay away from the paranoia stuff tbh but its hard to when you hear about getting a penalty what seems to be every week, the same player stamping on people etc. 

You mean like Glasgow Celtic - and Scott Brown? 

Just now, gannonball said:

Pointing out the most carded player in scottish football history and who has come back from a ban? Doesn’t exactly scream bias does it. 

Striking that this is a stat when he's only served about 20% of the bans he should have in his Celtic career.

Good player though.

It does feel like, over the years i can remember, that Rangers and latterly sevconians have got away with more brutal thuggish assaults unpunished than other teams. 

Recent seasons have seen the baton pass to Celtic and Cro magnon broonie. Him landing two footed and late on Marley Watkins knee fucked our season, and Watkins leg, and didn't even get a booking. 

The team that gets away with most is St mirren though. The dirty hoors. 

Just now, gannonball said:

Pointing out the most carded player in scottish football history and who has come back from a ban? Doesn’t exactly scream bias does it. 

Just because he is "the most carded" doesn't really reflect the fact that he could and definitely should have been carded a helluva lot more. What about the times the Celtic goalkeeper was getting away with karate kicking players at head height on repeat one season? 

I think the issue is mainly a by-product of the added coverage and scrutiny that Rangers (and Celtic) receive from the press and broadcasters.

There are contentious decisions in almost every single match on a weekly basis. If anyone is trying to imply that only contentious decisions given in favour of Rangers (or Celtic) are biased whereas contentious decisions given in favour of other teams isn't biased, then I think they are mistaken.

Edited by AJF

9 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Just because he is "the most carded" doesn't really reflect the fact that he could and definitely should have been carded a helluva lot more. What about the times the Celtic goalkeeper was getting away with karate kicking players at head height on repeat one season? 

If you are insinuating Celtic should have players sent off in the past Im not disagreeing. Goalkeepers often get away with murder though when outside the box as refs sometimes bottle sending them off. Deep down Im not too sure if there really is much of a bias but I would like VAR to stop speaking about decisions for weeks after as it often bores my tits. 

8 minutes ago, bennett said:

The state of Gammonballs on this thread has probably been a good thing for Rick. 

You insinuate bias in just about every match thread Bennett. Because I have left speaking about bias until someone has made a thread about I am somehow in a state?

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

VAR hasn't really stopped any of that though, has it?

I think it will in time if they adjust the rules to suit. Also the EPL has made a massive c**t of it compared to other leagues and have been warned by IFAB about it. Probably worth letting other leagues be guinea pigs for the time being.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Deep down Im not too sure if there really is much of a bias

I think you've hit the nail on the head here. I'm 99% certain neither Celtic nor Rangers have any 'bias' going for them in decisions I just think that most if the time referees absolutely shit themselves. I suppose that in itself could be construed as bias but I honestly think it's because the standard is so poor, the backlash is so big and mentally they're cowards so unintentionally make the wrong decision. 

2 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

The only objective way to look at is by looking at which team has had the most retrospective decisions made against their players. The referee has therefore made an error. So the answer is yes.

Is it really Rangers?

A table with that detail would be illuminating.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I think it will in time if they adjust the rules to suit. Also the EPL has made a massive c**t of it compared to other leagues and have been warned by IFAB about it. Probably worth letting other leagues be guinea pigs for the time being.

It's a no from me.

Offside, handball etc I don't think any tweak to the rules will stop VAR making it shite. 

Goal line technology is probably worth having.