Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

31 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Was there ever a chance of this though? I thought by now clubs had well accepted that no fans would be allowed. If we proposed the plan last week based on getting fans back then that's the most mental decision we've taken yet.

I agree but we don't know what the clubs have been told privately about the possibility of fans returning. It's pure conjecture on my part based on the following line of the statement which seems to show an element of surprise.

"Sadly it now looks almost inevitable that spectators will not be allowed back to games for the remainder of the season a factor which to be quite frank has rendered the season almost a pointless exercise"

3 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

No one in their right mind would have based their decision to return to playing with the expectation of fans being allowed in this season. 

League 1 and 2 Chairmen you say! Right minds, there must be few not in full control of their marbles.

Guest The Phoenix
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

League 1 and 2 Chairmen you say! Right minds, there must be few not in full control of their marbles.

Suggestions? 

I agree but we don't know what the clubs have been told privately about the possibility of fans returning. It's pure conjecture on my part based on the following line of the statement which seems to show an element of surprise.
"Sadly it now looks almost inevitable that spectators will not be allowed back to games for the remainder of the season a factor which to be quite frank has rendered the season almost a pointless exercise"

6 points from 10 games to date suggests that ‘pointless exercise’ is not too exaggerated a statement......

Reading between the lines of the Forfar statement, it looks as though the clubs have just been informed that there is little chance of fans returning this season. Perhaps that is why some clubs are now blowing cold on the plan to restart.
What? Why on earth would any club be expecting fans to return this season?

Would it be terribly rude of me to mention that up to 4 people are now allowed to mix outdoors from Friday, so that issue is probably resolved for Forfar?…

1 hour ago, Arnold Layne said:

It's only a pointless exercise if you see the purpose of a season as being about making money. I suspect fans would think competition, sport, beating rivals, winning cups, promotion and relegation are all as important if not more so. 

1 hour ago, Arnold Layne said:

21 minutes ago, super-son said:

Read the Forfar statement. "it now looks almost inevitable" suggests that, up until now, they were expecting fans to return.

47 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Well they're thick twats then.

Sturgeon suggesting that maybe 30,000 at Hampden in June so would 3000 at the Falkirk Stadium in May be out of the question?  

Genuinely, what were the outcomes of the limited crowd trials at Dingwall and Aberdeen? 

Read the Forfar statement. "it now looks almost inevitable" suggests that, up until now, they were expecting fans to return.
No it doesn't. It could just as easily mean they thought there was a 1/100 chance up until now and they have now decided that's there is 1/1000.

It definitely doesn't mean they were EXPECTING fans in by any means.

41 minutes ago, super-son said:

No it doesn't. It could just as easily mean they thought there was a 1/100 chance up until now and they have now decided that's there is 1/1000.

Five days ago Forfar released a statement saying they wanted to play.  Not just the mimimum games required but four additional games too. Plus play-offs and the Scottish Cup. Today, their season has been rendered meaningless because    games will be played without fans.

Take from that what you will.

Five days ago Forfar released a statement saying they wanted to play.  Not just the mimimum games required but four additional games too. Plus play-offs and the Scottish Cup. Today, their season has been rendered meaningless because    games will be played without fans.
Take from that what you will.
They can both want to play and still consider the season meaningless due to there being no fans.

15 minutes ago, nofixedability said:

If they are saying that playing games at this level behind closed doors is a pointless exercise I completely agree.

Me too. I'd prefer for us not to get relegated but otherwise don't care at all about this season. It's been a complete waste of time.

3 hours ago, super-son said:

It just seems a pointless thing to say. Why would anyone even bother bringing up something that was a 1/100 shot and is now 1/1000? If it was a 1/100 shot then it shouldn't have formed any part of the decision of whether to restart the leagues in the first place.

I thought that everyone was assuming there would be no fans back this season, I've not even seen any fans discuss it anywhere given how seemingly obvious it was that there wouldn't be. To raise it out of nowhere just seems weird.

Saying 'it now looks almost inevitable' implies that there has been a sudden change, especially when a few days ago they were putting their name to a statement wanting to play 22 games. I can't believe any club agreed to playing 22 games thinking that some of them would have crowds at them. If things go well it might be a tiny bonus getting a few fans in at the end of the season, but it surely can't have been part of the planning.

They are correct in that for them completing the season is a totally pointless exercise because they are paying to give themselves a good chance of getting relegated, with no real reward. I don't blame them for that in the slightest. But it does seem like their statement is laying the ground work for them backing out of playing any games.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever