Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Yes, but there nothing I have stated here which is incorrect. Therefore why quote the rule book at me, other than to try to defend a broken system of bias and self interest?

My opinion of your independent board is that it it isn't feasible for the many reasons already listed. Despite multiple posters also pointing this out. You still hold that opinion, as is your right.

You are making suggestions to relieve the immediate issues that aren't allowable under the rules at present. Explaining the difficulty you have to make those changes under those rules is not a defence of them.

When you want to challenge something it is better to understand the obstacles you'll face. In this case it's the existing rules.

46 minutes ago, virginton said:

None of the above prevents someone from being designated a close contact and being told to self-isolate. It minimises the likelihood of an entire team being impacted, but that's it. There have been multiple, relatively small-scale outbreaks that have still led to postponements this season in the top three divisions: not all of these were driven by proven breaches in protocol. 

In any case, the SPFL having its result awarding sanction against Saint Mirren and Kilmarnock chucked out makes following the protocol irrelevant to the problem of your remaining schedule. Whether a club breaches protocol or is just unlucky and loses sufficient players, the games will be postponed regardless. There is no agreed sanction for this, so there must be room left in the schedule to complete these games. 

Going by the actual definition of a close contact given by T&P, if protocols are being followed properly then there is no way a teammate should be identified as a close contact unless he happens to house share with the infected individual.

Being on the same football pitch doesn't make you a close contact. The only way you ARE a close contact is if:

- You live with the individual

- You break protocol by meeting them indoors, or car sharing with them.

For this reason I have no issue with teams who cannot fulfil fixtures being awarded a 3-0 defeat, even if that means that a team has to forfeit multiple games in the space of 10 days.

Definition of a close contact from the Scottish Government website:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-how-contact-tracing-works/#:~:text=Who is a close contact,for longer than 15 minutes.

Who is a close contact?

A close contact can be defined as someone living in the same household, someone who had direct or physical contact with an infected person for any length of time, or someone who has remained within two metres of the individual who has tested positive, for longer than 15 minutes.

People who have passed the person who has tested positive in the street, or in a shop, are at lower risk and will not necessarily be traced"

Surely the worst ones to come out of this are the clubs/club chairmen. 

It was them who proposed the mentalist 22 game plan, when 18 was and still is clearly the least bad option, if they want to finish the season. 

They’ve now been presumably squabbling for around a full week now, whilst the season is 10 days away from “restarting”, with no resolution seemingly closer. Pathetic. 

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Quite sexist m8.

I'm sure the feminist movement will be honoured by you identifying what is and isn't offensive to them...

When actually:

"...alternative spellings, avoiding the suffix "-man" or "-men", are an expression of female independence and a repudiation of traditions that define women by reference to a male norm..."

Swing and a miss then.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

I'm sure the feminist movement will be honoured by you identifying what is and isn't offensive to them...

When actually:

"...alternative spellings, avoiding the suffix "-man" or "-men", are an expression of female independence and a repudiation of traditions that define women by reference to a male norm..."

Swing and a miss then.

Offt. I don't have an issue with your spelling, more the insinuation that the mens game should be inherently better organised than the womens game, because...why exactly?

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Offt. I don't have an issue with your spelling, more the insinuation that the mens game should be inherently better organised than the womens game, because...why exactly?

Show me where i said the mens game should be "inherently better" organised rather than just seeking parity?

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Going by the actual definition of a close contact given by T&P, if protocols are being followed properly then there is no way a teammate should be identified as a close contact unless he happens to house share with the infected individual.

Being on the same football pitch doesn't make you a close contact. The only way you ARE a close contact is if:

- You live with the individual

- You break protocol by meeting them indoors, or car sharing with them.

For this reason I have no issue with teams who cannot fulfil fixtures being awarded a 3-0 defeat, even if that means that a team has to forfeit multiple games in the space of 10 days.

Definition of a close contact from the Scottish Government website:

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-how-contact-tracing-works/#:~:text=Who is a close contact,for longer than 15 minutes.

Who is a close contact?

A close contact can be defined as someone living in the same household, someone who had direct or physical contact with an infected person for any length of time, or someone who has remained within two metres of the individual who has tested positive, for longer than 15 minutes.

People who have passed the person who has tested positive in the street, or in a shop, are at lower risk and will not necessarily be traced"

Being on a football pitch through training and playing matches is direct, physical contact. Football is after all a contact sport. The protocol minimises but does not remove this necessary interaction, which confers a relevant risk of transmission.

And regardless of this fact, it doesn't matter whether you or I favour an automatic 3-0 penalty being applied, when the SFA has kicked out the SPFL board's decision and no such automatic penalty has been voted for by the clubs. Games will therefore have to be postponed and rearranged, just as two of Dunfermline's matches have just been lost. This makes the default schedule completely impractical.

Edited by vikingTON

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Show me where i said the mens game should be "inherently better" organised rather than just seeking parity?

Why is the womens game sorting their stuff out relevant at all?

Two completely different organisations, with different members, voting for different things. Why should both organisations have reached a conclusion at the same or similar times? Your post was a silly wee "lol even the wumin can sort their stuff out and yous can't". Weird you're painting it as anything different tbh. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Why is the womens game sorting their stuff out relevant at all?

Two completely different organisations, with different members, voting for different things. Why should both organisations have reached a conclusion at the same or similar times? Your post was a silly wee "lol even the wumin can sort their stuff out and yous can't". Weird you're painting it as anything different tbh. 

I’m sure we’d have sorted something out by now if we were free and able to play til early June too. But we aren’t

I’m sure we’d have sorted something out by now if we were free and able to play til early June too. But we aren’t

Or, it could be to do with then not having to have 8 of 10 clubs agree how to restructure the league.
It’s also interesting to note that they preagreed how relegation and promotion will be handled at season start in the event of Covid issues...

So much of this could have been avoided by agreeing to certain principles at the beginning of the season before clubs knew where they would be in the league at the time it came to making these decisions. These were hardly unforeseen circumstances.

Or, it could be to do with then not having to have 8 of 10 clubs agree how to restructure the league.
It’s also interesting to note that they preagreed how relegation and promotion will be handled at season start in the event of Covid issues...
Or they don't have any links to other leagues that will be impacted by an extension to the season.

36 minutes ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Null and void.

We simply cannot have the possibility of hordes of Falkirk fans cavorting in fountains throughout Central Scotland in May with sheer joy at being promoted and no attempt to socially distance themselves.

2021/22 please.

I'd be embarrassed if we celebrated winning this league.