Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Clyde will have to play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday right through to the 23rd April to fit in all their games, and if they get through in the cup they'll need to do Saturday-Monday-Thursday-Sunday at least once.

A real shame that it's happened to them of all clubs.

Yikes. That really is something.

Genuine chance of it looking like a 22 game season in mid-April, and a club in first or maybe having just sneaked into 8th suddenly can’t fulfil a game in time. I’m sure everyone would be very understanding if that happened.

Assuming the tough task of getting 18 gams played by the 23rd.    Does the split become games be played on 

Sunday 25th,  Tuesday 27th, Thursday, 29th, Saturday 1st, Monday 3rd.  1st Play-off match played as planed on 5th May?    Some schedule ! 

Edit- obviously each of those fixtures will have a team sitting out, presumably so they can sleep.

Edited by parsforlife

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Assuming the tough task of getting 18 gams played by the 23rd.    Does the split become games be played on 

Sunday 25th,  Tuesday 27th, Thursday, 29th, Saturday 1st, Monday 3rd.  1st Play-off match played as planed on 5th May?    Some schedule ! 

Edit- obviously each of those fixtures will have a team sitting out, presumably so they can sleep.

Looking at it, I'd guess they've maybe granted a one-week extension - would mean it was only 9 days between games for the Championship club which isn't really that bad.

If anything sums up how absolutely out of touch with reality the clubs are then this is it. 

A bonkers situation that not one person on here would have suggested or thought of. Given our backlog (is it a backlog? Can these people tell us if the game we had cancelled in NOVEMBER is going to be played?), I imagine it'll only take a good cup run, burst of bad weather or another covid outbreak for the 18 game season to be the outcome.

Even we couldn't fit the games we have left in before the 23rd, without playing Sat-Tue-Thu-Sat one week, and if we beat Morton or Dunfermline in the cup we'd have another week like that. It might have been sensible to bring forward a game with someone else not involved in the cup in the 23rd, so obviously it wasnt done.

I assume that if we can't all fit in 18 before the 23rd,the 24th April and 1st May will be used to catch up, with the possibility that teams will know exactly what they have to do to overtake teams who have already finished.

Fucking hell.

I'd guess there's a possibility of slowing down the rate of fixtures for those at that have played the most games once 18 games becomes the only option,  to at least have a full fixture card on the 1st may?
Yeah, just thought of that to be fair. All completely unnecessary of course, just call it 18 and everyone will get the games in no problem.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How do you fake a COVID outbreak?

Player says his wife's tested positive he'll have to self isolate along with anyone that he's been in contact with and I'm sure you can wangle that to be enough to cancel a game. I very much doubt the spfl would have the right to check up on any players files medical records.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Player says his wife's tested positive he'll have to self isolate along with anyone that he's been in contact with and I'm sure you can wangle that to be enough to cancel a game. I very much doubt the spfl would have the right to check up on any players files medical records.

^^^unsurprising response from the streaming thief.