Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

30 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

So much of this could have been avoided by agreeing to certain principles at the beginning of the season before clubs knew where they would be in the league at the time it came to making these decisions. These were hardly unforeseen circumstances.

They should have but we don't know what information was presented to them.

Maybe "the guys" assured them 27 games would be a skoosh and they'd have full houses for the New Year derbies.

I'd be embarrassed if we celebrated winning this league. 
Indeed. Quietly shuffling off the park followed by an apology to the fans for being there in the first place/pledge to ensure the mistakes that put us there wont happen again shall be sufficient

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Indeed. Quietly shuffling off the park followed by an apology to the fans for being there in the first place/pledge to ensure the mistakes that put us there wont happen again shall be sufficient

Think of the blushes if you finish 2nd or even 3rd in that case...🥵

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Alan Rough on the PLZ show saying all League One and League Two teams agreed in a meeting yesterday that they wanted to proceed with 22 games, and have submitted it to the to SPFL for confirmation.

Good luck to Clyde having 14 games to play in 8 weeks.

Then we have forever arguments over home advantage in the first split games.

I can't see the championship being happy with a 2 week extension also. The easiest option is half season that allows room for postponed games, imagine Clyde having a game postponed due to covid again, same applies to other clubs with testing coming in, we will find positive cases somewhere, then it lies who was in contact regarding isolation.

The season is already a farce, why attempt to increase the size of the farce ?

2 hours ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Beyond the end of players contracts you mean?

Plenty of European football leagues were completed over the summer last year after the initial shutdown, including the top two leagues in England.

This is clearly an issue that can be worked around.

It's a bit mad that clubs didn't all just agree to an 18 game season, get it over and done with, get your prize money, and just move on from a shitfest of a season.

I don't see how hanging about squabbling amongst yourselves/this pathetic play off system, is helping anyone really.

Absolute certainty a club isn't able to compete all its fixtures in time.

I'd go for 18 games and get this season over and done with. 

I look forward to being at least one game next season far more than watching another raft of streamed games in the rump of 20/21.

I'm still not 100% clear what the 22 game proposals involve. I get playing to 18 then split into 2x5. Does the next 4 games replace the play offs, or does 2-4 then play off with club 9 in the division above?

Eta, I think I worked it out. These (games 19-22) would be play offs to get in to the play offs.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a bit mad that clubs didn't all just agree to an 18 game season, get it over and done with, get your prize money, and just move on from a shitfest of a season.

I don't see how hanging about squabbling amongst yourselves/this pathetic play off system, is helping anyone really.

Absolute certainty a club isn't able to compete all its fixtures in time.

I personally think the clubs are quite rightly  holding Doncaster and co  feet to the 🔥,  they have constantly hidden behind Scot gov and showed a general apathy to lower league football throughout this and probably next season to, The clubs have made t here decision and expect it to be threatened as usual , The silence is deafening......

11 hours ago, Donathan said:

Plenty of European football leagues were completed over the summer last year after the initial shutdown, including the top two leagues in England.

This is clearly an issue that can be worked around.

Lets see what happens when the first player refuses to extend their contract then or decides to ask for a 'bonus' for doing so.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

I personally think the clubs are quite rightly  holding Doncaster and co  feet to the 🔥,  they have constantly hidden behind Scot gov and showed a general apathy to lower league football throughout this and probably next season to, The clubs have made t here decision and expect it to be threatened as usual , The silence is deafening......

Those League 1 and 2 sides are really holding his feet to the fire by proposing a schedule which involves all of those clubs running their players into the ground. I'm sure Doncaster is struggling to sleep at night with worry.