Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

I wonder how they managed to come up with a system where it’s possible to have three options or more on the table but not be able to implement any of them?
Certain posters on here will continually remind you of the importance of a ‘democratic’ solution, but it’s not democratic when it’s possible for a majority of clubs to vote on a solution but still not be able to deploy it is it?
Embarrassing charade.....

5 minutes ago, Donathan said:

If teams are following the protocols correctly then players should not be close contacts of one another.

Protocols dictate that players turn up in their own car and wearing their kit and go straight out onto the pitch. There should be no indoor gathering at the training ground. The only reason a player would have to isolate when another test positive would be if they live together (which is fairly common for younger players to share a flat) or if a protocol breach has occured.

None of the above prevents someone from being designated a close contact and being told to self-isolate. It minimises the likelihood of an entire team being impacted, but that's it. There have been multiple, relatively small-scale outbreaks that have still led to postponements this season in the top three divisions: not all of these were driven by proven breaches in protocol. 

In any case, the SPFL having its result awarding sanction against Saint Mirren and Kilmarnock chucked out makes following the protocol irrelevant to the problem of your remaining schedule. Whether a club breaches protocol or is just unlucky and loses sufficient players, the games will be postponed regardless. There is no agreed sanction for this, so there must be room left in the schedule to complete these games. 

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I wonder how they managed to come up with a system where it’s possible to have three options or more on the table but not be able to implement any of them?
Certain posters on here will continually remind you of the importance of a ‘democratic’ solution but it’s not democratic when it’s possible for a majority of clubs to vote on a solution but still not be able to deploy it is it?

The majority of clubs voted for a perfectly straightforward solution last season, yet your mob, Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer wouldn't stop crying about the injustice of it all. Yet here you are twelve months down the line, calling for majority rule to carry the day! 

93FAA0F7-AEC5-4951-8CC7-BA40EE566DAF.jpeg.c77341be2bf8416777569e3c10898702.jpeg

The majority of clubs voted for a perfectly straightforward solution last season, yet your mob, Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer wouldn't stop crying about the injustice of it all. Yet here you are twelve months down the line, calling for majority rule to carry the day! 
93FAA0F7-AEC5-4951-8CC7-BA40EE566DAF.jpeg.c77341be2bf8416777569e3c10898702.jpeg

Nope, I’m calling for it to be taken out of the hands of the clubs full stop. Including biased board representation.
I’m just pointing out that your idea of democracy include scenarios such as:
One club votes Null and Void
Two clubs vote for 22 game league
Seven clubs vote 18 game league

Solution? A 27 game league is imposed on all clubs.

Farcical.

5 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Certain posters on here will continually remind you of the importance of a ‘democratic’ solution, but it’s not democratic when it’s possible for a majority of clubs to vote on a solution but still not be able to deploy it is it?

The reason for the weighted majority is to ensure a binding solution. ie You don't get a 6/4 where 40% of the clubs will still be unhappy.

Your continuing insistence that "certain posters" support it has been explained several times.  No one on here likes the set up, the voting structure and it's implications. But it is exactly what the clubs set up themselves. Having to explain that to you several times a day doesn't mean I support it.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

May I ask a question of one who has seen Dumbarton in various divisions.

Is there much of a difference between L1 and L2 in terms of ability? I mean obviously you get the occasional behemoth like Falkirk (😉) distorting things in L1, but for the bottom, say, 16 sides in the SPFL I wonder if there is really much between them all?

As others have said above, I don't think there's much of a difference between the top of League Two and the mid-table of the League One. 

For example I'd fancy Edinburgh City to come up and comfortably sit around fifth in League One (if not higher), I reckon Stirling Albion, Elgin and Stranraer would be pretty solidly at the levels of Dumbarton/Peterhead/Clyde at the moment too. Queen's Park are maybe an exception to the usual rule because they have money to burn and would expect to follow the Cove route.

As others have said though, League Two usually has a few genuinely abysmal sides towards the bottom. Brechin City and Albion Rovers would struggle hugely to win a game in this league imqho. The gulf in quality between the top and bottom of League Two is huge. It has been for a while too. I remember Berwick and (especially) Elgin City being horrific when we won the title in 2009, they were obviously followed by the Shire in dropping off a cliff, then Johnny Harvey's Berwick and John Brogan's Albion Rovers.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Nope, I’m calling for it to be taken out of the hands of the clubs full stop. Including biased board representation.

Farcical.

I'll try again. We are in this situation and have to use the rules as they stand. They can't be changed just now.

It's like going to court. You are tried under the law as it stands. Saying it's a stupid law won't get you off.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

The reason for the weighted majority is to ensure a binding solution. ie You don't get a 6/4 where 40% of the clubs will still be unhappy.
Your continuing insistence that "certain posters" support it has been explained several times.  No one on here likes the set up, the voting structure and it's implications. But it is exactly what the clubs set up themselves. Having to explain that to you several times a day doesn't mean I support it.

You are not explaining anything Sergeant. You just beep defending it like the advocate you are.
I just keep pointing out that those who say it needs to be kept in the hands of the clubs for democratic reasons can’t seem to understand that it’s not democratic.
Frankly it shows how weak the clubs are that they cannot get together and agree on anything for the sake of doing what’s best for the future of the game as a whole.....

Given the frequency with which we pick up injuries on a normal schedule, I can't wait to have to play 7 games in the space of 2 weeks.

Won't be too long before some of us on here are being drafted in to play games.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

You are not explaining anything Sergeant. You just beep defending it like the advocate you are.
I just keep pointing out that those who say it needs to be kept in the hands of the clubs for democratic reasons can’t seem to understand that it’s not democratic.
Frankly it shows how weak the clubs are that they cannot get together and agree on anything for the sake of doing what’s best for the future of the game as a whole.....

Can someone else try? I need to lie down.

I'll try again. We are in this situation and have to use the rules as they stand. They can't be changed just now.
It's like going to court. You are tried under the law as it stands. Saying it's a stupid law won't get you off.

Except that now that the situation is being shown for the farce that it is is surely the best time to be pushing for change.
It might not happen for this one but surely a review could be held once all the clubs are knackered after completing their 27 games plus play offs inside a couple of months....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Except that now that the situation is being shown for the farce that it is is surely the best time to be pushing for change.
It might not happen for this one but surely a review could be held once all the clubs are knackered after completing their 27 games plus play offs inside a couple of months....

No-one, absolutely no-one on here has said the rules shouldn't be reviewed but you can't change them in the middle of a season in crisis. The rules also tell you when and how to address this type of issue.

I repeat, IT'S SHITE,  but that's how the clubs agreed it and vote to continue.

Have you read the rules or contacted your club yet?

23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Farcical.

At least 8 clubs voted for a 27 game season.

At least 8 clubs voted for a 27 game season.

I don’t think I’ve said that everything in this system will end up in stalemate. Just that there’s a high possibility of such in various scenarios.
And that appears to be where we are just now, and will be in future again and again, unless something changes....

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The rules are, quite literally, the principle point of relevance in the whole story.

Yes, but there nothing I have stated here which is incorrect. Therefore why quote the rule book at me, other than to try to defend a broken system of bias and self interest?