Ayr v Arbroath

15 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

McGavin is the strange one for me, what's the problem there ?

Yes, our balance is terrible, 4 wingers, 2 midfielders and no strikers in that side, although having said that we all celebrated the signings of Smith, Walsh, Chalmers and even Zanatta when they happened, we also knew we already had McCowan and Moffat so none of us can say we all knew better, as we didn't.

Today wasn't terrible when taken in isolation, we actually created more than we have for weeks and never looked in any sort of threat, however we failed to take any of our numerous chances and then got caught out by a cracking strike at the other end, so when things aren't going, they're really not going.

Fair play to Arbroath, they saw the game out well and could even have added a second near the end.

Yes, we are in trouble now, although certainly not terminal (yet) and the Morton game has now become a MUST Win I'm afraid, although the biggest worry is the hit to the confidence as that could do even more damage long term.

Let's just hope Drey Wright is back for next week as hopefully that would restore the balance we so badly need.......

This Is Fine GIF

Always the easy option isn't it ?
Sack the Manager and post childish cartoons.
Well done !!!
WATTOO come on. You're saying NEXT week is must win. TODAY was must win. We as individuals can all be optimists, which I am too. But our season has been a disaster, surely you can see that? Something needs to change and now.

Can anyone name a team that just went on a winning streak after being on the form that we have been in - just out the blue - no change in management - just miraculously started winning?

The signs were there from the very start of the season.

Kerr has had long enough - he set it in place - it’s his team - his tactics - it’s not working - it too long down the road now and the rot has set it.

Personally, I wish it wasn’t this way, but there can only be one change and that’s for him to be replaced and HOPE whoever takes over can get a tune out of this mob

38 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, our balance is terrible, 4 wingers, 2 midfielders and no strikers in that side, although having said that we all celebrated the signings of Smith, Walsh, Chalmers and even Zanatta when they happened,

I don't believe that when these signings were made people celebrated them from the perspective of "we are getting these players instead of strikers". They are definitely decent players (although I personally don't rate Zanatta) but any player can only be effective within a balanced team where each person knows their job and how they fit into the formation. In our case, I don't think Kerr even knows that let alone the players.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Can anyone name a team that just went on a winning streak after being on the form that we have been in - just out the blue - no change in management - just miraculously started winning?

The signs were there from the very start of the season.

Kerr has had long enough - he set it in place - it’s his team - his tactics - it’s not working - it too long down the road now and the rot has set it.

Personally, I wish it wasn’t this way, but there can only be one change and that’s for him to be replaced and HOPE whoever takes over can get a tune out of this mob

QOS and Arbroath to name 2 , nothing to show that we are capable of going on a run like them though 

Edited by Robbo63

QOS and Arbroath to name 2 , nothing to show that we are capable of going on a run like them though 

I should have mentioned more than form, but also actual tactics, gameplay, lack of fight and leadership on the pitch - as you say, there are NO signs that we could go on a run of wins

19 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Nothing remotely similar DC has Arbroath job regardless of what happens and every single player fan Board member and coach has his back 

by the way shout out to big Rab. AFCs biggest fan right now, players must take some belief and confidence from his shouting, never stops geeein boys up. Great c**t

Another marvelous win..

1-0 to the Ars.....broath.

I thought Hammy had a very good game today. He's often the forgotten man, and whilst he's not a superstar, he more often than not does his job..

Midfield was excellent. Moore was superb when he came on, helped Hammy as well. 

Fantastic win at a very difficult place. The league is so tight, a couple of wins and you never know playoffs? Then again if Alloa pick up and we start to lose could go the other way.

Still, 8 games now! Well done and already buzzing for next week 

I should have mentioned more than form, but also actual tactics, gameplay, lack of fight and leadership on the pitch - as you say, there are NO signs that we could go on a run of wins

The answer is still QoS. AJ's tactics have been (rightly) questioned frequently since he's come back, our gameplay before this form was between decent and absolutely awful, the players' lack of fight was seriously questioned and on more than one occasion Dobbie's leadership was questioned.

Unbeaten in 2021 and a very valuable 3 points from a difficult game.

Although perhaps not as good as the recent run of games, it's still a very good result with 9 games left to play.

Both Thomson and Hilson put in great shifts - and what a goal by McKenna.

Arbroath are looking good  sitting mid table.

With 27 points still to play for there will be a lot of tables and ladders in the league table in the coming weeks.

2 minutes ago, clashcityrocker said:

Unbeaten in 2021 and a very valuable 3 points from a difficult game.

Although perhaps not as good as the recent run of games, it's still a very good result with 9 games left to play.

Both Thomson and Hilson put in great shifts - and what a goal by McKenna.

Arbroath are looking good  sitting mid table.

With 27 points still to play for there will be a lot of tables and ladders in the league table in the coming weeks.

Arbroath for the playoffs? Good solid team