The Hypothetical Roadmap to Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Discussion

The Getting Fans Back in the SPFL Grounds Questionnaire  

222 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, The Master said:

At the very least they need to categorically state that face masks are not needed in stadia. 

Clubs are selling tickets on the basis of outdoor hospitality (groups of 15) so the same rules around masks should apply (i.e. in the bin). But the likes of Dundee and Aberdeen have stewards that are jumping on people if they so much as think about taking their mask off. 

Would you accept full capacity, but only if face masks were required?

While I'm hoping for full capacity, I think there will be a decent chunk of fans would would be a bit nervous about sitting in a packed stand with no masks or distancing. Younger fans wont care, but I think older fans probably would. For example what happens in winter where there is the inevitable guy with a stinking cold coughing and sputtering all over the place? 

Maybe one longer term impact from all of this may be that in grounds where possible, chunks of fans will space out more than they maybe did. 

5 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Maybe one longer term impact from all of this may be that in grounds where possible, chunks of fans will space out more than they maybe did. 

On Saturday I sat one seat away from my mate and it made little difference in terms of interaction. We normally only get around 4000 home fans so spacing them out around 3 stands with 9000 capacity makes it look better than having 2 or 3 sections full and others almost empty. 

That said Motherwell have said for Dundee home game end of August we will all be back in our usual season ticket seats. I would assume that means with no spacing 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Would you accept full capacity, but only if face masks were required?

While I'm hoping for full capacity, I think there will be a decent chunk of fans would would be a bit nervous about sitting in a packed stand with no masks or distancing. Younger fans wont care, but I think older fans probably would. 

The 'older fans' can simply be reminded that they are already beneficiaries of a massive and enormously successful vaccination program and told to f**k off if they want a pointless token measure on top of that. 

Edited by vikingTON

59 minutes ago, virginton said:

The 'older fans' can simply be reminded that they are already beneficiaries of a massive and enormously successful vaccination program and told to f**k off if they want a pointless token measure on top of that. 

It's not a pointless token gesture though is it? 

7 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Any requirement of facemasks in stadiums is pointless if there is no requirement to wear them in any other outdoor setting, in my opinion.

If older fans are comfortable to meet outdoor socially without a mask, then they should be comfortable in a stadium without a mask. If they are not comfortable meeting outdoor socially without a mask then they may wish to consider avoiding football stadiums.

Edited by AJF

This is a huge thread, so apologies if already asked, but if Sturgeon scraps the limits on crowds today and there are no restrictions, would the agreement to allow matches to be streamed be scrapped immediately?

When it was announced that streaming would carry on for 2021/22, it said it was going to be for the full season.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

This is a huge thread, so apologies if already asked, but if Sturgeon scraps the limits on crowds today and there are no restrictions, would the agreement to allow matches to be streamed be scrapped immediately?

https://www.insidersport.com/2021/04/20/sky-sports-provides-certainty-to-fans-with-spfl-streaming-tie-up/

This seems to suggest it will continue to be available.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

It absolutely is. There is zero evidence that open-air stadia are conducive to spreading a virus and also zero evidence that the flimsy and unhygienic face coverings that the UK public use do anything to limit spreading in a conducive environment either. 

Throw in the fact that the 'older fans who might feel nervous' are in fact vaccinated with an overwhelming degree of effectiveness and it is a completely pointless gesture. You'd be as well handing out comfort blankets to help these people readjust to normality instead, at zero cost to the rational majority of society. 

Edited by vikingTON

18 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

When it was announced that streaming would carry on for 2021/22, it said it was going to be for the full season.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/press-release-47629

8 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Cheers guys

3 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Should’ve added a Never option, underestimated the shower of football-hating c***s that is the SNP.

This is something I don‘t fully understand, there are a large number of football fans within the current set of MPs & MSPs. Whether regulars/ST holders at club games or SSC members. 

1 minute ago, German Jag said:

This is something I don‘t fully understand, there are a large number of football fans within the current set of MPs & MSPs. Whether regulars/ST holders at club games or SSC members. 

If you compare the sort of treatment Ian Murray (top of my head example) gets at Tynecastle compared to me and my mates - fairly young, drinking, wanting to stand and sing - you have your answer.

Hibs have been advertising hospitality packages for every round of the qualifiers so far. It’s safe to say that a certain type of fan is being allowed to enjoy their football experience exactly as it was pre-COVID. Even if that means sitting in a poorly ventilated "players’ lounge" for two hours before the game.