Morton vs Ayr

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Kerr should have better judgement than us lot though

Maybe they were as useless in training as they were on the park ??

Just now, WATTOO said:

Maybe they were as useless in training as they were on the park ??

All evidence to the contrary with both of them now banging in goals weekly.

More likely Kerr had a very specific type of forward in mind, a la Drinan, and that was it.

Irony being if he kept either one of them he'd probably still be in a job.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

How many players need to leave and be successful for  it take for you to accept what the problem might have been 😂

On a positive note we have many other players who have been equally unimpressive despite having decent track records. Perhaps a new manager can get a similar step up in performance levels like we have seen with Anderson and Cameron 

On the rare occasion Ayr actually manage to get the ball to someone's feet within 30 yards of our goal without shanking it out for a throw, our defence panic and have no idea how to get near Smith or McCowan. That's going to result in a goal if we don't sort it out.

In contrast, we have few issues making it into the final third, but when we get there our complete absence of quality is apparent. We can play our way up there competently enough, but there's no final ball or even a hint that anyone has a clue what they should be doing.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

How many players need to leave and be successful for  it take for you to accept what the problem might have been 😂

Obviously you've got a deep rooted hatred of Kerr, personally I don't care one way or another as have no skin in the game other than being a supporter. I want us to succeed but surely it's not ALL the Managers fault, especially as we're hearing that the players were "gutted" when he left and that he was well liked and respected.

Yes, I'll give you that both are performing now, however for whatever reason Anderson looked poor / disinterested and Cameron looked like a bit of a carthorse in the few minutes we saw him and not one supporter, including you, seemed upset when either of them left.

Shankland of course is a perfect example, so basically every Manager that he played under prior to McCall was to blame for not making him tick or getting the best out of him and of course none of it was his fault or none of it was due to just not fitting in to a setup ??

8 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

All evidence to the contrary with both of them now banging in goals weekly.

More likely Kerr had a very specific type of forward in mind, a la Drinan, and that was it.

Irony being if he kept either one of them he'd probably still be in a job.

So why did he sign them ??

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

We know he was waiting a long time to see if he could get Drinan back. Desperation maybe?

Possibly.

I'll stop boring people with this silly discussion and agree that Kerr had to go and hopefully the new guy (whoever he is) can get the best out of the guys we've got.

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I gave up on streams weeks ago. I take it we are playing as shit as we usually are? 

Some green shoots amongst it. 

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Obviously you've got a deep rooted hatred of Kerr, personally I don't care one way or another as have no skin in the game other than being a supporter. I want us to succeed but surely it's not ALL the Managers fault, especially as we're hearing that the players were "gutted" when he left and that he was well liked and respected.

Yes, I'll give you that both are performing now, however for whatever reason Anderson looked poor / disinterested and Cameron looked like a bit of a carthorse in the few minutes we saw him and not one supporter, including you, seemed upset when either of them left.

Shankland of course is a perfect example, so basically every Manager that he played under prior to McCall was to blame for not making him tick or getting the best out of him and of course none of it was his fault or none of it was due to just not fitting in to a setup ??

Bizarre. 

I like Kerr, he was a fantastic player - but can clearly see he wasn’t a good manager in any way. You don’t need to dislike someone to appraise their performance.