Financial collapse of Rangers FC in 2012

21 hours ago, G51 said:

People tend to forget that less than thirty years ago, Northern Ireland was in the grip of a long-running civil war where the two belligerents were split on religious, political and ethnic grounds. And while the Belfast Agreement brought peace, that shit takes a *long* time to heal. Northern Ireland is making progress on moving on from the past, much better progress than it gets credit for in both Ireland and Britain, where some people (not anyone on P&B, just generally) tend to look down on folk from NI as being almost Neanderthal-like. It's a long road though. I doubt either Rangers or Celtic will ever be able to completely eliminate the sectarian parts of the away songbook until NI is in a better place, because supporting Rangers or Celtic is part of someone's identity over there. And what happens in NI is reflected in the WoS, because the two places are much closer culturally than is generally recognised.

As an outsider, visiting NI a few years back was pretty eye-opening. It was somewhat bizarre as a tourist that I could go anywhere in Belfast because I wasn't affiliated, while residents seemed to be limited to certain areas. I also (unintentionally) arrived on July 13. I wasn't really old enough to completely grasp what was going on in the early 90s, but I definitely now grasp the gist of things during and after that visit. Definitely glad it is better, but you could feel, at least in Belfast, there was still some underlying tension.  

40 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Fucks sake, this thread.................

A wee hint

image.png.fd453d353f6271c109112308312a11e6.png

A wee hint, this thread isn’t Celtic and rangers fans goading each other, and the ‘nobody else is interested’ bit, it seems some are after all. 

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

A wee hint, this thread isn’t Celtic and rangers fans goading each other, and the ‘nobody else is interested’ bit, it seems some are after all. 

I knew you would pick up on the first bit - you are right, I meant to rub that out.

The only reason people are commenting is it is on the main forum - if it was in the same one as the BRALT thread nobody else would give a f**k.

On 02/03/2021 at 13:38, DA Baracus said:

Half answers, tiptoeing round things, ambiguous replies, attempts at derailment, deflection and whataboutery.

There’s a thread about nicola sturgeons enquiry performance in the politics section mate 

Edited by Forever_blueco

On 02/03/2021 at 17:59, Sortmeout said:

Would you take your kids on holiday to Iraq/Syria on the basis of “people get murdered every week in Glasgow” or would you choose to protect them from the chance of disgusting human behaviour?

Don’t answer as you’ve already told us.

😆😆

3 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

poundland bennett on the usual form here.

I never thought I'd live to see that being used as an insult.

What's below 'Poundland Bennett'?  :blink:

Question 9 is wrongly worded, it should read as follows:

9.Do you think it was right for the clubs in the SPL to have a say in whether Rangers were allowed into the top league or not?

On 03/03/2021 at 04:06, AmericanFan said:

Me reading about 80 percent of this thread:

tenor-1.gif

See when I have tried to explain the Celtic-Rangers - Northern Ireland - bigotry to people who are unaware of it this is the reaction I get. Growing up with it in Scotland where it has become normalised you accept it as part of the OF culture but telling it to a complete neutral it then strikes me how embarrassing and pathetic it really is.