How Do We Solve a Problem Like Obesity?

4 minutes ago, Pato said:

look I'm going to be honest I thought I was swooping in here for the easy internet argument win and I've now realised I'm in way over my head and I just want out

There is no way out! Either accept that smaller pizza is an effective weight loss tool or go mad

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Ahh yes but did you consider that if they didn't invade Russia and got nukes first they would have won the war? Checkmate my friend

I over reacted, doubt it'll make much difference to life now. 

Not as much as reducing the size of your pizza anyway.

1 hour ago, ayrmad said:

It's quite obvious to any observer reading all these post that you made a c**t of it, my figures were chosen to take away the wiggle room that the P&B's like yourself would try to use. 

Wasn't me that said someone eating only shite couldn't lose weight eating less shite, now you're trying to claim some sort of arithmetical upper hand when you made a James Hunt of it. 

You basically spend much of last night and this morning setting up and making an arse of a "gotcha" on a thread about obesity on a Scottish Football forum. I thought Grimbo's life must have been empty, but holy f**k this is tragic. 

58 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

You basically spend much of last night and this morning setting up and making an arse of a "gotcha" on a thread about obesity on a Scottish Football forum. I thought Grimbo's life must have been empty, but holy f**k this is tragic. 

No, I spent 5 minutes posting last night and allowed those that wished to make a cod of themselves. 

I don't think it's a parody account, you know. He really does think it's a sign of intelligence to adopt a contrary position to "the sheep" on every subject.

This behaviour should absolutely be encouraged.

22 hours ago, ayrmad said:

That's not true, there are plenty of skinny people that wouldn't know a healthy meal if it smacked them in the face. 

21 hours ago, ayrmad said:

No. 

19 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Someone who has gained 3 stone in the previous year having eaten a 12" pepperoni pizza everyday would lose weight if they changed it for an 8" one. 

15 hours ago, ayrmad said:

3 stone over a year would equate to an excess of 400 calories per day. 

A 12" pepperoni pizza would need to have roughly 720 calories for there to be equilibrium, the tasty ones are 1800 giving a daily reduction of 1000 calories for the 8" version, that's nearly 8 stone of calories over a year. 

Still not bad at the mental arithmetic for a thick c**t. 

14 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Of course it will but it accepted as a guideline that 3500 calories equates to a pound, my figures won't be spot on as they're just calculated in my head but they'll be near enough to prove the point. 

Do you not earn your cask out of figures? 

I could let you into my head but it can be pretty messy in there. 

I gave a specific example, I didn't pluck the figures from my arse, in the example the person would lose weight easily. 

You'd get an orchestra in it. 

Get your abacus out. 

13 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Why, nobody said the person is doing anything differently, they are only consuming 1000 calories less per day. 

No doubt we'll only be counting the one in a million person out there to suit the argument chump. 

No but if your diet and activity remained constant you will lose weight. 

He never mentioned anything about someone increasing in weight. 

No, he's hypothetically eating the same shit every day and doing the same shit everyday. 

12 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It's not a slightly smaller pizza and all other things are equal. 

This is about obese inactive people who only eat junk food, folk can dance around all they like but someone who only puts on 3 stone over a year then consumes 1000 calories less will lose weight. 

Disappointing but not surprising that some have tied themselves up due to me being the poster. 

Aye but what if the fat b*****d takes up running, ffs. 

You'll not be of any use as a calculator fires out shite when those pressing the buttons input shite. 

Yes but your 1752 calories extra a day would not lead to a weight gain of only 42 pounds a year.

We're not arguing about any health issues that come from a poor diet, so your feelings are irrelevant. 

Sorry misread it, 1758.

11 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Just slightly smaller, pi on a pizza. 

4/9ths, not obvious if you use a calculator. 

11 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It would have been better if you'd just told them they were wrong, that would have been the decent thing to do. 

4 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Not quite what was said but they'll certainly lose plenty if they had a 600 calorie deficit. 

Next folk on here will be saying you can't put on weight if you only eat healthy foods. 

4 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Someone with a BMR of 2100 eats 2500 calories a day, after a year in which they've put on 3 stone they decide to cut out the daily 1800 calorie12" pepperoni pizza and replace it with an 800 calorie 8" pepperoni pizza, will that person lose weight on their new calorie deficient diet? 

3 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I had it when I posted it, ain't going to make people look foolish if I'd put it up in that manner last night. 

Thanks for playing, it was fun. 

I can do mental arithmetic, I don't need anyone to show their workings, embarrassing. 

No, it's 4/9ths the size. 

Easier to calculate without pi in this instance. 

That is such a ridiculous post. 

I never used them. 

It's quite obvious to any observer reading all these post that you made a c**t of it, my figures were chosen to take away the wiggle room that the P&B's like yourself would try to use. 

Wasn't me that said someone eating only shite couldn't lose weight eating less shite, now you're trying to claim some sort of arithmetical upper hand when you made a James Hunt of it. 

2 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Says the person that orders his pizza in square inches. 

Pizza is well down my list of preferred junk food. 

No doubt you'll buy 2 fully loaded 8 inchers for £12 as it's a bargain compared to that 12 incher at a tenner. 

You all post like every overweight person is gorging all day, a couple of large Costa latte' added during your work day will expand the waistband of an active healthy eater fairly quickly if they don't cut calories elsewhere or up their activity, 37lbs worth of calories over year. 

50 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

No, I spent 5 minutes posting last night and allowed those that wished to make a cod of themselves. 

Did ye, aye? 

24 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Did ye, aye? 

All done in the 1st 5 minutes, the rest was just entertainment. 

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I don't think it's a parody account, you know. He really does think it's a sign of intelligence to adopt a contrary position to "the sheep" on every subject.

This behaviour should absolutely be encouraged.

It wasn't a position, I was pointing out an error,not my fault that folk mistakenly jump in. 

Guest bernardblack

If I have zero money in the bank and usually go a tenner into my overdraft every day, but then switch and only take a fiver out each day...how soon until I’m a millionaire?

Asking for a friend. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

It wasn't a position, I was pointing out an error,not my fault that folk mistakenly jump in. 

Even taking a contrary position on taking contrary positions. Marvellous, keep it up.

16 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

All done in the 1st 5 minutes, the rest was just entertainment. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You know there's timestamps, don't you?

^^^ He knows there's timestamps?

I mean he's thick, but surely not THAT thick?

Let's just put it down to attention-seeking. 

12 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

I mean he's thick, but surely not THAT thick?

Let's just put it down to attention-seeking. 

Didn't take all those posts to bait the hook. 

20 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

If I have zero money in the bank and usually go a tenner into my overdraft every day, but then switch and only take a fiver out each day...how soon until I’m a millionaire?

Asking for a friend. 

Baldrick will never be a millionaire.