QoS Vs Alloa

3 hours ago, queenslad said:

Last week went 2 goals down and AJ changed team to a more attacking formation which worked. This afternoon on going down to 10 men should he have taken off Dapo or Shields or dropped one of them back into midfield to leave a 441 formation. This would have given us more hold on midfield as at times really struggled to close down Alloa and an extra man there would have prevented space for Buchannan

Don't agree with that.

He made a change to bring on McGrory for Fitzpatrick which made sense. We were very much in the game in the second half after that  change. 

Would appreciate some input here. Think that’s two defeats in 12 both by Alloa who are bottom. That to me is the very definition of a bogey team. I accept the refs in the last two games against them have been awful but this whole woeful run of results has gone back several seasons. Why? 

Would appreciate some input here. Think that’s two defeats in 12 both by Alloa who are bottom. That to me is the very definition of a bogey team. I accept the refs in the last two games against them have been awful but this whole woeful run of results has gone back several seasons. Why? 

IMG_1615712005.859804.jpg
IMG_1615712046.280731.jpg

When we played Dunfermline a few weeks back I called it as us being on the wrong side of a few marginal calls by the referee. Yesterday was similar to me - probably each of the key decisions could have gone the other way, with the exception of the second sending off which was a stick on.

On the other hand if QOS fans are putting up stills of some bog standard holding as showing a grand injustice then I think they're getting a bit carried away.

When we played Dunfermline a few weeks back I called it as us being on the wrong side of a few marginal calls by the referee. Yesterday was similar to me - probably each of the key decisions could have gone the other way, with the exception of the second sending off which was a stick on.

On the other hand if QOS fans are putting up stills of some bog standard holding as showing a grand injustice then I think they're getting a bit carried away.

Bog standard holding, WWE style clothesline, potato potato eh?

2 hours ago, Dink said:

Steady, Andy Graham is apparently guilty of serious foul play/ endangering the safety of an opponent/violent conduct all rolled into one. 😂

There was a Queens fan on twitter who reported the referees performance to the SFA too.

Based on the tackle the first red was pretty harsh- Obileye gave the referee a decision to make I felt a yellow would have been merited. But it was down to the refs interpretation of the challenge.

All of the rest is just nonsense, much in the same vein of the ridiculous "Shields booted off park" narrative from the game at Alloa.  The commentators even rightly praised the ref prior to the Obileye incident for having a good game. Any other major decisions yesterday he got right. I think most Queens fans can see this though, and it's just a few who are going well over the top.

If I was the manager I'd certainly be considering keeping Robertson in the midfield and putting Lynch in at right back. An element of risk disrupting the back 4, but Robertson dictated the play for long spells yesterday, an excellent afternoon for him.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 minute ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

There was a Queens fan on twitter who reported the referees performance to the SFA too.

Based on the tackle the first red was pretty harsh- Obileye gave the referee a decision to make I felt a yellow would have been merited. But it was down to the refs interpretation of the challenge.

All of the rest is just nonsense, much in the same vein of the ridiculous "Shields booted off park" narrative from the game at Alloa.  The commentators even rightly praised the ref prior to the Obileye incident for having a good game. Any other major decisions yesterday he got right. I think most Queens fans can see this though, and it's just a few who are going well over the top.

Other than one of the worst penalty awards you are ever likely to see.

2 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

😂

I'm sure discussion of that tweet will be top of the agenda at the next SFA executive meeting.

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Other than one of the worst penalty awards you are ever likely to see.

Skyline Drifter, Monkey Tennis, Mr X, Distant Doonhamer et al. Please, where are you? 

5 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Other than one of the worst penalty awards you are ever likely to 

Unfortunately these penalty calls for silly handball are standard in the game nowadays. I've seen a lot worse regularly. If that happens to Alloa I'm probably feeling pretty aggrieved, but can still understand it based on some of the crazy awards we see all the time.

Unfortunately it's harder to distinguish between what we feel should or shouldn't be a penalty against laws being introduced into the game- which are there whether we like them or not.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

The main question for me is, what has happened to all the reasonable, intelligent QotS posters?
Has there been a coup by 19QOS19 and his band of muppet acolytes? [emoji6]
Steady, Andy Graham is apparently guilty of serious foul play/ endangering the safety of an opponent/violent conduct all rolled into one. [emoji23]
You seem to be really struggling here. I don't think anyone has actually said Graham's was a red card challenge: it wasn't. The reason it is being questioned is because the referee deemed Ayo's foot trod to be a red card challenge. If he is so sensitive to to a foot trod and deems it a red card challenge then being consistent he'd surely think grabbing a running player round the neck is just as dangerous.

Neither of the challenges were red cards. But if you can't see why QoS fans are angry that he deems one yellow card incident a red and another yellow card incident (that was just as dangerous) a yellow then there really is no point discussing it further.

Unfortunately these penalty calls for silly handball are standard in the game nowadays. I've seen a lot worse regularly. If that happens to Alloa I'm probably feeling pretty aggrieved, but can still understand it based on some of the crazy awards we see all the time.
Unfortunately it's harder to distinguish between what we feel should or shouldn't be a penalty against laws being introduced into the game- which are there whether we like them or not.
I didn't have much issue with the penalty award tbh. It was a pathetic call but those are given nowadays as you say. Again, what was infuriating was the referee missing an almost identical incident on the edge of the Alloa box when he appeared to be looking right at it.

The two decisions have no correlation to one another- it's crazy logic to apply.
This is Printer's argument as well, which I get. But I disagree it's crazy logic. Two challenges that warrant yellow cards, both are as dangerous as each other, one is given a red, one is given a yellow. The team on the end of the red is obviously going to be pissed off at the ref's inconsistency.