QoS Vs Alloa

I don’t see either being overturned - but if McCabe’s is “hat will have to be eaten”. Close to zero chance of that one and I give Ayo’s very little chance of success either. Hope I’m wrong.

I know I’m in a minority of one here, but to be fair to McCabe he was trying to take a quick throw to get his team back into the game and some guy is climbing all over his back. Perfectly natural reaction to try and get the boy off you. Ok, he was too forceful in doing so, but wtf was the Alloa player doing there in the first place. It’s not exactly the type of “challenge” you expect to have in a football match. I think, given the circs, he has a small chance.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Don't quit your day job. Ta ta.

Good to see common sense prevail with Ayo's foot trod. Surprised with McCabe's tbh but happy enough.

We'd be happy enough if he quit his weekend job 😛

I thought Obileye might have an outside chance of getting his downgraded. Going over the ball with studs up is a red card offence but you could make a case that it was mistimed and without malice and that some refs would have given a yellow. 

As for McCabe, I wondered if QoS had just appealed that on the grounds that if they stuck in two appeals they might be more likely to get the first one reduced. An extraordinary decision.

I don't think we ever appeal anything. Going by this we should be appealing everything 😁

Edited by Waspie

We'd be happy enough if he quit his weekend job [emoji14]. 
I thought Obileye might have an outside chance of getting his downgraded. Going over the ball with studs up is a red card offence but you could make a case that it was mistimed and without malice and that some refs would have given a yellow. 
As for McCabe, I wondered if QoS had just appealed that on the grounds that if they stuck in two appeals they might be more likely to get the first one reduced. An extraordinary decision.
I don't think we ever appeal anything. Going by this we should be appealing everything [emoji16]. 
The case was probably "he barely connected with him, get that shit down to a yellow!" 8)

16 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I don’t see either being overturned - but if McCabe’s is “hat will have to be eaten”. Close to zero chance of that one and I give Ayo’s very little chance of success either. Hope I’m wrong.

How would you like your hat cooked RJC?

Medium rare?

I thought the Obileye appeal had a chance but astonished both appeals have succeeded.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

We'd be happy enough if he quit his weekend job 😛

I don't think we ever appeal anything. Going by this we should be appealing everything 😁

No it isn't and no you can't. You know that there's a rule book with the rules written down in the English language saying what the offences are and the grounds for appeal?

Fully aware I'm being a dick about this.

No it isn't and no you can't. You know that there's a rule book with the rules written down in the English language saying what the offences are and the grounds for appeal?
And fully entitled to be a dick after some of the stuff directed our way given we were correct the entire time, I say default_cool.png

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

And fully entitled to be a dick after some of the stuff directed our way given we were correct the entire time, I say default_cool.png

What do you mean? I thought it was all very complimentary...

On 15/03/2021 at 15:20, printer said:

Not sure that's right.

Most of the world's top refs are P&B posters.

Why thank you 😄

2 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

Rules being written down, in any language, still leave wriggle room. The rule book, much like the suggestion that you are being a dick, is open to interpretation. It is possible to look at Obileye's challenge and conclude that it was reckless but didn't use excessive force or endanger the safety of Ray Grant. The fact that it looked mistimed and not malicious could help that line of appeal. But I believe very few refs would interpret it like that because over the past few years an over the ball studs up challenge has become accepted as a red card. Had those incidents occurred in a high profile match I don't think there would even have been any significant debate. I can't understand the McCabe one at all. Fair play to QoS though, the appeals paid off. 

Have to say too, I did think the ref made a few other calls that were genuinely far more contentious. But probably been more than enough interpretation here the last few days so I'll just trod on.