QoS Vs Alloa

Massive game for both sides this one, arguably more for Alloa. If we win here it puts us 16 points clear of Alloa with 21 left to play for. I'd be confident of avoiding 10th spot if we get 3 points on Saturday.

We have a pretty dodgy record against them so their league position matters not a jot. Cameron has 4 goals in the last 5 games so he's the obvious threat. I assume Trouten misses this game?

I expect Fitzpatrick will start in place of Jones and Dapo has to start again. Jones will be a massive loss and hopefully Fitzpatrick steps up to the plate.

Play like the last hour of Saturday and we should get the win but given our last defeat was against Alloa I'm not overly confident of 3 points.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Massive game for both sides this one, arguably more for Alloa. If we win here it puts us 16 points clear of Alloa with 21 left to play for. I'd be confident of avoiding 10th spot if we get 3 points on Saturday.

We have a pretty dodgy record against them so their league position matters not a jot. Cameron has 4 goals in the last 5 games so he's the obvious threat. I assume Trouten misses this game?

I expect Fitzpatrick will start in place of Jones and Dapo has to start again. Jones will be a massive loss and hopefully Fitzpatrick steps up to the plate.

Play like the last hour of Saturday and we should get the win but given our last defeat was against Alloa I'm not overly confident of 3 points.

Bonus Trouten wil miss out for them after sending off yesterday. 

On 07/03/2021 at 11:46, 19QOS19 said:

Alloa always give us problems they sit in deep hit us on the break they now have Cameron to hold the ball up and get them goals .

We will miss Jones he is a level above anything in the Championship huge loss him being out could cost us a play off place .

Play Dapo out wide go with Dobbie and Sheilds up top go 4-4-2 

Edited by Northfield 53

Some run you boys are on. I take it the injury problems are all sorted now?  :lol:

An improved performance last weekend; hopefully we can build on that, as it'll probably need us to do even better to get points here. The league is turning into a bit of a nightmare now, with us hoping that Ayr, Morton, and maybe Inverness don't manage to recover over the next few months. That's more daunting than when we were marooned at the bottom with Arbroath.

Good luck with your promotion challenge...after Saturday  ^_^

Some run you boys are on. I take it the injury problems are all sorted now?  [emoji38]
An improved performance last weekend; hopefully we can build on that, as it'll probably need us to do even better to get points here. The league is turning into a bit of a nightmare now, with us hoping that Ayr, Morton, and maybe Inverness don't manage to recover over the next few months. That's more daunting than when we were marooned at the bottom with Arbroath.
Good luck with your promotion challenge...after Saturday  [emoji5]

No, we have 5 players out injured just now including one of, if not the, best player in recent weeks. Massive loss.

Our injury crisis has been awful but I'd argue it played a massive part in our upturn. Our lineup against Caley was eye-bleeding on first view but it worked very well. I'm doubtful we'd have played 6 defenders if we had a full squad. Ayo moved into CM and has been brilliant ever since. We've looked far more solid defensively as well.

No, we have 5 players out injured just now including one of, if not the, best player in recent weeks. Massive loss.

Our injury crisis has been awful but I'd argue it played a massive part in our upturn. Our lineup against Caley was eye-bleeding on first view but it worked very well. I'm doubtful we'd have played 6 defenders if we had a full squad. Ayo moved into CM and has been brilliant ever since. We've looked far more solid defensively as well.

He was pretty good in defence beforehand as well, since raith game when something seemed to click for him.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

f**k me. Football, eh.

Yeah, still hoping Peter Grant stumbles upon something that causes us to motor. Didn't look bad on Saturday, to be fair, but still no win.

He was pretty good in defence beforehand as well, since raith game when something seemed to click for him.
I was up and down with him at CB. At times he looked solid at at other times he gave me the fear with his chilled approach. At CM it doesn't scare me as there is cover if he gets caught in possession. But since moving to CM I can't say I've noticed him doing it at all [emoji38] Been very impressed with him in there.

28 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

You're right hes over the points threshold and suspended this weekend 😔

Did he get too 6 bookings on 18 games then? Cause after that it's up to 12 bookings before suspension.. 

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

He got 7 in the league after 18 games

Don't think he can have many complaints, apart from the yellow at Raith were he was booked after being fouled himself 😁. He'll be a big loss tomorrow as he was clearly a big factor in our much improved performance last week. There is an argument in his absence to change the team around and bring Robbo into centre midfield to give us more of a presence there. Hopefully Scougall is available too with Trouten out. 

Our situation is very bleak now. Frustrating in a way because even over the last four games we have missed great opportunities to pick up points. We were the better team at East End Park and although we didn't reach that level at Inverness or Kirkcaldy, we led both games for long spells. While we could have ultimately lost to ICT at the weekend, we had enough chances to be out of sight early in the second half. 2 points was a poor return from those 4 games and a real missed opportunity to pile pressure on Inverness in particular given their recent collapse. Really need to win tomorrow if we are going to stay in the fight, however hard that is going to be. 

Edited by Waspie

They say that the table doesn’t lie but in Alloa’s case I am not so sure. They are certainly a team that most Queens’ fans fear and with just cause when you look at our recent record against them. A massive game for both teams and one that we can certainly ignore league positions because we all know that there is very little between the sides. For us we now have to be focussed on a Play Off position no matter how unlikely that seemed pre Xmas. It is not certain that both Fife teams will finish in top 3 but it is likely. That leaves Dundee, ourselves and possibly one “fast finisher from the pack” contending for 4th spot. If we can win on Sat it really consolidates our challenge - if we don’t win it will be a huge disappointment because results in the “re-scheduled fixtures” have largely gone our way.

Make no mistake this is a huge banana skin on Sat - let’s hope the players are “at it” from the word go as 3 points virtually ends all relegation fears and gives us a huge chance of top 4.