QoS Vs Alloa

That's me just got on our stream. Mug for purchasing now giving what a shitshow that was trying to get on but feel guilty watching QoS on a dodgy stream [emoji38]

Think we edged the first half and Alloa are a bit lucky to be drawing. They haven't offered much but are probably favourites to win. I really hate playing Alloa. Would need to see the foul again. Right away I thought it looked a horrible decision and the ref couldn't get the red out quick enough. Makes a win look unlikely now unfortunately.

The challenge for the red was over the top of the ball and caught Grant with his studs. It's over of those that may get a yellow card, but if you go over the top of the ball you can't really complain if you pick up a red.

IFAB Laws of the Game

Serious foul play

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

I don't think there can be any argument Ayo used excessive force or brutality. That leaves the only basis for a red card to be "endangering the safety of an opponent". There's no set definition of that so we can all argue until we're blue (or black and yellow) about whether he did.

For me, given the low speed of the movement and contact on the lower area of the leg, I don't think he did. That's proven by the fact the Alloa player got up immediately and walked off unharmed. But aye, we're never going to agree.

2 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Some game if you are a neutral, not sure I’m enjoying it too much as a Queens fan. Innes Cameron has looked very good and both goals have come from somebody getting in behind our left side in-between Maxwell and Breen. The second is a cracking finish, but for me McCabe has to do more. McCabe will really need to step defensively up in the second half without Obileye. 

For us, East has had a superb game. Shields and Mebude done really well also. 

Obileye’s challenge is one that if there was an orange card that’d be it. I can see why he’s given it and would bet my house on it not getting overturned either. There’s clearly no intent but he’s late and it’s the stamping down motion that’ll be seen as ‘endangering an opponent’. Would take a draw now if you offered me it. 

Yep thought McCabe could have closed him down more,  gave the Alloa player too much room. 

What the hell is the ref thinking about there very poor decision never a  sending off .

Game changing in fact season changing when Sheilds hits  the post 3-1 game over but Alloa go straight up the park score again then comes the crazy decision to send Ayo off Alloa favourites now to go on and win the game .

Fine margins, Shields effort off the post goes in and then Alloa probably don't get that equaliser.  We're certainly going to be up against it in the final third of the season now missing Jones, Mebude, Ayo for maybe a couple of games, Pybus and Dobbie still out.  Think safety will be the target now instead of looking upwards.  A point from this game would be great now.

Superb finishes from Murray and Connelly, seeing the replays again. Cameron really unlucky when he hit the bar, just didn't quite get the contact he was going for.

Edit: Christ, did Connolly just get a card for only going back eight or nine yards from the free kick?

Edited by BFTD

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just saw it there. Are seriously suggesting that's a red? He stood on his foot ffs. I assumed he had caught he on the leg. An absolutely awful decision. I hope we appeal.

Lol that's the most biased summary off it yet, its a harsh red although letter of the law i can see why its been given although I would be disappointed if it was an Alloa player 

This game is great  :lol:

Edit: Queens unfortunate to give away a penalty through handball, then Andy Graham's kick is saved. FFS.

Edited by BFTD

Lol that's the most biased summary off it yet, its a harsh red although letter of the law i can see why its been given although I would be disappointed if it was an Alloa player 
Biased or accurate, it's the same thing. He stood on your man's foot. If standing on a foot is deemed a straight red then there would be straight reds every single week. It's not a harsh red, it's a wrong red.