QoS Vs Alloa

Well, what a game this has been. The Gods seem to be with us, as Queens could have scored more, and we don't seem to be getting any better at the back. Thankfully we're sharp on the counter. Second half against ten men could be interesting, but it's going to be pretty harsh on Queens if we can win this!

Shocked to see all the queens fans disputing the red, thought it was a blatant sending off. We’ve been shaky throughout the half but we need to go for this here, 10 men, not going to get a better chance to win and close the gap.

Just now, AlloaAdam said:

Shocked to see all the queens fans disputing the red, thought it was a blatant sending off. We’ve been shaky throughout the half but we need to go for this here, 10 men, not going to get a better chance to win and close the gap.

Not shocked to see Alloa fans saying the opposite. 

We've played well so far given the rather makeshift team today. Way too open at the back though, which is perhaps more understandable on this occasion with a number of changes. So much pace in the QoS team that they can take advantage of it and will continue to despite the sending off. 

Would need to see the red card incident again but from the replays he did look to be over the ball. And I'd like to see the Parry call on the edge of the box again too. 

Edited by Waspie

Entertaining half to watch, both teams looking good going forward.

Four really well taken goals, but disappointed for the Queens 2nd as no pressure was put on Shields out wide allowing him to wait for support to arrive.

Cameron and Connelly linking up well on the break like they were last week, but big Innes will be disappointed not to have scored when he hit the bar.

I can see why the red has been given - over the ball, straight leg etc - but that’s a yellow for me. Fair play to Ray Grant though, at least he ended up doing something in that half getting the boy sent off, cause for a holding midfielder he’s sure as hell not giving his defence any help.

Some game if you are a neutral, not sure I’m enjoying it too much as a Queens fan. Innes Cameron has looked very good and both goals have come from somebody getting in behind our left side in-between Maxwell and Breen. The second is a cracking finish, but for me McCabe has to do more. McCabe will really need to step defensively up in the second half without Obileye. 

For us, East has had a superb game. Shields and Mebude done really well also. 

Obileye’s challenge is one that if there was an orange card that’d be it. I can see why he’s given it and would bet my house on it not getting overturned either. There’s clearly no intent but he’s late and it’s the stamping down motion that’ll be seen as ‘endangering an opponent’. Would take a draw now if you offered me it. 

From what I've seen looked a red wend over the ball don't get me wrong he didn't mean it just mistimed but that's irelivant it happened and had it been an Alloa player I'd have said red.
We are up against it now a pitty as the game could have been out of sight can we call ft now I'd take a point now.

Hopefully Obileye will be able to take succour from having the most magnificent facial hair on display today.

I might be prepared to lose a finger for a player as handy as yer man Mebude. Hopefully he doesn't end up on the Rangers reserve/lower-league rota until his potential is squandered.

This has been a cracking watch, right from the off when it was pleasing to see Shields making his presence felt 10 seconds in given the treatment he was given at Alloa.

Alloa definitely shaded things for the first 20 and were unlucky not to be in front.  I wouldn't be too harsh on your defenders if I was an Alloa fan as Shields and Dapo must be a total nightmare to play against on this form.  At the other end Cameron looks a real handful.

Incredibly harsh red for Ayo.  Miss-timed yes, but no intentional malice in the tackle.  I just hope the ref hasn't ruined the spectacle in sending him off.