Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, highland_mechanic said:

Well considering I was one of those wanting McInnes sacked I can't complain although this could be a total shitshow.

Hopefully having Brown on board will kick some arses in that Pittodrie dressing room as a number of players have downed tools since Christmas

Downed tools since Christmas you say...

rBRn4bm.png

Edited by Jim McLean's Ghost

More than happy to give Glass and Brown a chance, I wanted something out-the-box to shake things up and think we got it. Fresh new management team and not another appointment from the usual suspects. The boy Russell also very interesting and all will get my backing - and why would I want them to fail? Season ticket and DNA renewed 👍

Of course I'd want any new manager to succeed however given Glass' record one can be forgiven for having massive reservations about his appointment.

Alex Neil was the man to get. He's now being touted for the Salford position. I believe he would have joined us had he been approached.

Brown and Russell do give me some enthusiasm. However we are taking a massive gamble in hiring three coaches who have 6 months (Glass' failed record at Atlanta) between them in either role of Assistant Manager or Manger.

This appointment has me worried about our player recruitment for this summer. Cormack needs to back them. Massive rebuild with 13 players leaving. Just please don't sign anyone from the MLS. I'm hopeful Scott Brown can attract decent players to join. Maybe Declan Gallagher is up for joining this potential circus for next season.

Why would Scott Brown be able to attract decent players? 

This, surely, has to have Aberdeen supporters worried? Looks like it's going to be an absolute shitshow - from a supporter of a team always in one (currently still). 

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Your boy? Get that to f**k, c***s not been in the know about anything at McDiarmid in years. Got told to f**k off.

Huge reservations about all of this and it makes a mockery of Cormack giving it the whole “going through a process” bollocks as we evidently at best went through the motions and just appointed Glass anyway 

However, Glass & Co will get my full backing because, well, what’s the alternative?

I bugsy starting the new Aberdeen Manager thread in January 2023

14 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Should Aberdeen appoint Neil just because he's available?

What if he's not able to follow the clubs vision?

Yeah, there might be reasons that Neil specifically doesn't fit. However when you've got a realistic target who has won promotion from the English Championship, managed in the English Premier League (albeit being relegated) and in his only Scottish job to date left Hamilton third in the league and only four points off the top in January, then if you're going to go looking for someone else for whatever reason you'd expect that alternative to be highly qualified themselves.

Stephen Glass is not.

15 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yeah, there might be reasons that Neil specifically doesn't fit. However when you've got a realistic target who has won promotion from the English Championship, managed in the English Premier League (albeit being relegated) and in his only Scottish job to date left Hamilton third in the league and only four points off the top in January, then if you're going to go looking for someone else for whatever reason you'd expect that alternative to be highly qualified themselves.

Stephen Glass is not.

It’s been two weeks since Derek McInnes left and if Dave Cormack, in that time, has been working on getting his man in, whoever it is, I’m not sure that it would be a good look to say to them “hold on, bugger our agreement, there’s someone else just come on the market.” 

If Glass is joining this week then he'll be punted before Brown even joins the club...

In all seriousness, its a massive gamble considering Aberdeens position. On the very cusp of chucking a decades worth of work away, and, IMO, your chairman has clearly tried to be to clever with this.

Just now, kingjoey said:

It’s been two weeks since Derek McInnes left and if Dave Cormack, in that time, has been working on getting his man in, whoever it is, I’m not sure that it would be a good look to say to them “hold on, bugger our agreement, there’s someone else just come on the market.” 

Surely you just get the best manager you can regardless of "how it looks"?

"Scott Brown is a winner" 

Aye coasting to easy league titles for years in the least competitive run of seasons. Was he a winner for them in Europe? Or for Scotland? 

“Scott Brown will at least kick some arses in the dressing room"

He only really cares about Celtic. And I see no evidence he won't enjoy being one of the boys here just as much as he liked being Lennon's pal. 

Really hope this isn't happening. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Surely you just get the best manager you can regardless of "how it looks"?

Even if you’re so far down the line that you’ve offered the job to someone and all legal agreements in place? I’m not saying this is where we are, but it could be. 

Can I assume Brown would remain a Celtic player until May?

If thats the case its a bit of an odd scenario as he will be in the squad to play Aberdeen at least once (depending on how the Scottish Cup goes).

Glass has always struck me as an intelligent guy, a good speaker - no idea how good he is as a coach / manager though.