Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?   

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Not due to his lack of experience? 

James mcpake mk 2

No I get that. I just think if, for example, they were appointing Silvio Glassio in the same circumstances people wouldn’t be quite as unhappy.

3 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

No I get that. I just think if, for example, they were appointing Silvio Glassio in the same circumstances people wouldn’t be quite as unhappy.

Exactly 

If we’d appointed Enzo Maresca the same wallopers spouting bile would’ve shit themselves with happiness 

The real winners here are surely all the other diddy club fans.  Aberdeen have been incredibly consistent in sweeping aside the vast majority of other sides on a regular basis in league and cups, and cementing top four year after year.  However, the most frustrating thing is that they never put up a significant challenge for the league, and have invariably failed to stop the OF sides from winning cups, so they've not even given us the satisfaction of pointing and laughing at Celtic and Rangers.

The likelihood is that Aberdeen will struggle to achieve the same level of consistency, which will open the door for the rest of us, though if it does turn out to be an inspired appointment then hopefully they at least stand upto the two big Glasgow teams.

I can understand a bit the desire for change, but it feels quite likely that in 3-4 years time Dons fans will look back on the McInnes era wistfully after a few seasons of 8th place finishes whilst they're searching for their fourth new manager.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t know if he does or doesn’t. I love how everyone jumping to conclusions just to try to make this appear to be a “bad decision” without any real knowledge. Do we know that he has made the decision on his own with any discussion with our board? If so has he just ridden roughshod over their thoughts? Who’s to say he’s wrong? Who’s to say it’s a bad decision? It’s just typical shite from our fans. Never f*ck*ng happy. Now I need to go and calm down again.

I think a lot of our fans are not happy unless they are moaning. Nothing like giving Glass a chance first..

5 hours ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Saw that. What a load of utter shite.

This is how every manager in the history of football is judged, with a few nonsense buzzwords thrown in.

Shoot me in the head, football is becoming fandanised. 

Yeah it's as if people think they only way to show you're a "modern" club is to act like absolute wankers.

I like stats but using Goals v xG to measure a managers performance is wild.

Exactly 
If we’d appointed Enzo Maresca the same wallopers spouting bile would’ve shit themselves with happiness 

Maresca and Alessio have both worked at massive clubs and established a track record working under some of the best managers in the world.

Glass is the B team manager at a mediocre MLS club with no track record elsewhere. The only reasons he got this job were his history of having played with Aberdeen plus his personal and professional relationship with Cormack.

Of course, it might work out, but on the face of it this looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The only reasons he got this job were his history of having played with Aberdeen plus his personal and professional relationship with Cormack.

You know this for sure how exactly?

26 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The real winners here are surely all the other diddy club fans.  Aberdeen have been incredibly consistent in sweeping aside the vast majority of other sides on a regular basis in league and cups, and cementing top four year after year.  However, the most frustrating thing is that they never put up a significant challenge for the league, and have invariably failed to stop the OF sides from winning cups, so they've not even given us the satisfaction of pointing and laughing at Celtic and Rangers.

The likelihood is that Aberdeen will struggle to achieve the same level of consistency, which will open the door for the rest of us, though if it does turn out to be an inspired appointment then hopefully they at least stand upto the two big Glasgow teams.

I can understand a bit the desire for change, but it feels quite likely that in 3-4 years time Dons fans will look back on the McInnes era wistfully after a few seasons of 8th place finishes whilst they're searching for their fourth new manager.

This is a pretty good post until the last paragraph Paulo.

I can tell you that for the past 18-24 months I looked back wistfully on the first 4-5 years of the McInnes era.

This appointment could be the wrong one. At the same time we were in relegation form under Derek with no chance of turning it around. His time was up.

8 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I can tell you that for the past 18-24 months I looked back wistfully on the first 4-5 years of the McInnes era.

This appointment could be the wrong one. At the same time we were in relegation form under Derek with no chance of turning it around. His time was up.

Relegation form whilst sitting in fourth place.  Aye guid een.

29 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Sportsound reminding us that he's 6 years older than Alex Ferguson was when he joined us.

And a year younger than Eddie Turnbull was when he joined us. This is relevant how?

13 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agree you were on a terrible run, but it's very unlikely you would ever have been out of the top six under McInnes.  Surely after the years of consistency he deserved a wee blip and the chance to sort it in the summer?

It's done now though, and I imagine there's something fresh and exciting about a change.  It also depends on what is deemed to be a success for Glass; if the league form is unpredictable and you get an 8th and a 5th placed finish over the next two seasons but win a cup, then for some I guess it's worth the gamble.

30 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

his personal and professional relationship with Cormack.

The special friendship. 

Well for what it's worth I can't see him being there this time next year. Not saying he will have a shocker but I'd be surprised if any higher than mid table. You never know however. 

Edited by Mvondo_the_great

12 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And a year younger than Eddie Turnbull was when he joined us. This is relevant how?

Probably due to all the "inexperienced rookie" style comments being thrown around.