Sarah Everard

1 hour ago, Caledonian1 said:

The police searched for an unfortunate lady in the river and surrounding flood plain for about 4 weeks just beside my house (at the end of 2022) They used the coast guard helicopter about four times and searched on foot a similar number of times - once with a dog as we believed the body could be in underneath some of the piles of debris washed up by the massive flood.  There are still hundreds of tonnes of debris (trees, branches and straw) on my brothers farm and to be honest if the dog wasnt able to sniff out that one time the body could still be there.  However, the flood was so powerful that the body could easily be in the North Sea (about 20 miles away)

Perhaps, a very similar story as she fell in trying to control her dog.

Is this the old woman fae Monymusk

There was a psychological profile on killers (if indeed she has been off'ed) and the biggest panic they feel is being caught with the body

This is why so many are found by dog walkers in shallow graves, the killer rushes this part. 

Ian Huntly did and they found those girls effectively dumped in a ditch. 

4 hours ago, Caledonian1 said:

The police searched for an unfortunate lady in the river and surrounding flood plain for about 4 weeks just beside my house (at the end of 2022) They used the coast guard helicopter about four times and searched on foot a similar number of times - once with a dog as we believed the body could be in underneath some of the piles of debris washed up by the massive flood.  There are still hundreds of tonnes of debris (trees, branches and straw) on my brothers farm and to be honest if the dog wasnt able to sniff out that one time the body could still be there.  However, the flood was so powerful that the body could easily be in the North Sea (about 20 miles away)

Perhaps, a very similar story as she fell in trying to control her dog.

Not sure there was any bad weather for flood. Looking at the fairly calm river, and a quite fit young woman. She hasn't fallen into the river and drowned. The police are making an arse of this 🤷

3 hours ago, GTee said:

Not sure there was any bad weather for flood. Looking at the fairly calm river, and a quite fit young woman. She hasn't fallen into the river and drowned. The police are making an arse of this 🤷

Even rivers that aren’t especially fast can still have strong currents though. It’s also not always possible to find a bit to climb out when you are in (assuming she was conscious and she didn’t hit her head). It’s one of the warnings we get as swimmers about swimming in rivers.

6 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Channel 5 did a 90 minute special tonight with Dan Walker and the Sonar Guy. Unhinged. 

Must have missed the other shows they've done for non-White missing people. 

Plenty of white missing people haven't had the coverage this has.  The nature of her disappearance makes it newsworthy, not the fact she is white. 

22 hours ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

It does seem a bit weird that a physically fit, fairly young woman who was apparently a reasonable swimmer would just fall into a river and drown tbh.

This has all the hallmarks of a Police f**k up and the Chief Constable making a mumbling apology in front of the cameras about "learning lessons" in 12 months time. 

Depends on what she was wearing,  if certain clothes get waterlogged then you can get weighed down.

I think you're right about the police cock up

18 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I'm sure I saw an episode of Columbo or something when they cut open a big shark and found the missing body. 

Wasn't that Jaws?

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Plenty of white missing people haven't had the coverage this has.  The nature of her disappearance makes it newsworthy, not the fact she is white. 

Allan Bryant disappeared into thin air as well and has never had the media attention this is getting.

It does seem like an odd show to air so soon after she has gone missing.

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Allan Bryant disappeared into thin air as well and has never had the media attention this is getting.

It does seem like an odd show to air so soon after she has gone missing.

I don't think the media attention has been particularly OTT given the circumstances and time she's been missing.  Unfortunately, when a male goes missing the public maybe have preconceived ideas that they chose to do so or can look after themselves but when it's a woman, especially with kids, there is the assumption that it isn't voluntary and must be something sinister.  Let's be honest, it doesn't sound great for her at this moment although it pains me to say so.

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Sorry forgot to mention middle class and female. 

It's clear as day to me folk care about this stuff more, compared to say, 24,000 people in Turkey. 

Channel 5 is a lightening rod for this sort of stuff, watched by your facebook detectives who feel the need to visit a crime scene for a day out activity with the kids. All pretty grim tbh. 

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Imagine Dan Walker and Jools Holland fronting a programme on Channel 5 about this wifie. 

Chilling.

Dan Walker, Jools Holland, and Christopher Jefferies all desperately trying to convince viewers it wasn't them.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

If I ever become a kidnapper I’m going to cut my ransom notes exclusively from Norah Jones and Elbow CD inlays in an attempt to fit Jools Holland up for it. 

Hopefully that c**t Guy Garvey gets pulled in for questioning, rolled up in a sizeable carpet and pushed down the stairs.

3 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Sorry forgot to mention middle class and female. 

It's clear as day to me folk care about this stuff more, compared to say, 24,000 people in Turkey. 

Channel 5 is a lightening rod for this sort of stuff, watched by your facebook detectives who feel the need to visit a crime scene for a day out activity with the kids. All pretty grim tbh. 

People being more interested in things happening in their own country than others isn't as outrageous as you think it is.

On 10/02/2023 at 11:54, steelmen said:

yep, soon after and it was dry. you'd think the dog would have jumped in after her.

its a really strange case, she was in the middle of a teams call and her phone was placed neatly on the park bench next to the dogs lead and harness. If I am in the park with the dog i'll let it off the lead but you don't take the harness off.

22 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

They're not married. I think he did one today at one point.

8 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Even rivers that aren’t especially fast can still have strong currents though. It’s also not always possible to find a bit to climb out when you are in (assuming she was conscious and she didn’t hit her head). It’s one of the warnings we get as swimmers about swimming in rivers.

All of these have been covered and debunked in news coverage I'd seen.

She routinely removed the harness when away from roads as the dog would charge about undergrowth and get it caught or dirty. She also often took a tennis ball, if so it hasn't been found (maybe she or the dog dropped it, she stepped forward then slipped?). Dog dry but not all dogs will jump into water after owners.

Her partner - they aren't married - definitely did an interview a few days in.

She was wearing welly boots, ankle-length jacket and several layers of fleeces which would be a struggle if fell in. Isn't a fast-flowing river but seemingly quite deep in middle, becomes tidal not far downstream and banks deceptively steep e.g.:

The-diver-emerging-from-the-water-454389

4b863-16755112745618-1920.jpg

Given very short time window, the number of local people in the vicinity, and all possible ways out supposedly having being covered by camera footage, you can see why police - publicly at least - stuck to water line.

Borders lad disappeared in St Andrews in 2019, huge search, total blank, sadly remains washed ashore 3 months later.

However with no trace - plus odd aspects, like calm weather, and phone - you can see why other theories 'gain traction'.

Edited by HibeeJibee

52 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

If it's true about that tennis ball and after seeing that bank and how steep it is I'm going for her falling in and couldn't get out. Case closed.

Where were you at the time of her disappearance out of interest?