Sarah Everard

5 minutes ago, blackislekillie said:

Sky reporting that police have recovered a body from the river where Nicola Bulley went missing. No formal identification has been made yet.

If this turns out to be her that diver giving it the whole "she's not in the river" pish needs to be on TV apologising for his stupidity.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

If this turns out to be her that diver giving it the whole "she's not in the river" pish needs to be on TV apologising for his stupidity.

I do agree, but id rather he just got tae and didnt darken another investigation. 

Absolutely devastated for her family, I hope they are given the privacy they need for the sake of her kids and that even well intentioned folks on social media etc give them some space. 

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I do agree, but id rather he just got tae and didnt darken another investigation

I hope the TV companies realise that putting people outside the police investigation on TV days after someone goes missing is, completely pointless and unnecessarily upsetting the family of the missing.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Bollocks. He claimed to have searched the entire river, it would have made no difference to that whether she was pished or not.

I don't understand what difference that would have made.

According to what he said when I heard him interviewed, she wouldn't have floated away because her heavy coat would have dragged her to the bottom assuming she had missed the rocks just below the surface where she was thought to have slipped in.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Bollocks. He claimed to have searched the entire river, it would have made no difference to that whether she was pished or not.

This c**t needs telt to shut the f**k up and stay away from social/media. He now looks at best a complete slavering arse or worse negligent in his duty. 

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did the diver and police only look near the bench, then move much further downstream, missing the middle bit?

They were clearly wanting an easy shift out of it and weren’t taking it seriously. We all have days like that.

I’d like to hear him explain just how exactly, his search strategy would’ve been different had he only known there was a possibility of her being drunk. 

“Hey boss, we’ve found a body that matches the description perfectly.”

”Let’s see. Naw, this one looks sober. Throw it back.”

40 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Like school cross country, maybe they searched until they were out of sight then just hid in the trees.

That could be it. 

“Well had we thought there was a chance she’d actually be IN the river, of course we’d have looked there.”

I’ve been appalled at the social media and pile- in by former coppers and commentators with this case. The biggest clown is that diver who turned this into a promotion of his company and was giving constant commentary.

Sympathies to the family and hopefully we learn to not turn these cases into the next “Madeleine McCann by social media”type situations, however I’m sure the next time an attractive blonde woman/ child with an interesting life goes missing/ abducted, the press and nutters in social media will revert to type. 

Much of the behaviour of ex polis, journalists and politicians belongs on the Normal Island thread. As for the assorted ghouls, incels, thick c***s who confuse TV with reality, narcissists who think they are entitled to interfere with a police misper investigation the sooner they crawl back into their maws basement only to find their hard drives have been confiscated the better. f**k sake. 

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

From 3.30 on this clip. He claims finding bodies in water is easy and with his tech he could do a large lake in a day. This was a narrow river.

Having watched the use of side scan sonar before, he’s not wrong about a lake, but it’s blooming near useless if you aren’t looking in the right place, and is difficult in a narrow river with an uneven bottom. Even mentioning it is stupid in that context, and it seems he’s just trying to blow smoke. He did suggest the correct technique for the Wyre, a search line, but never addressed how much was searched that way…however his description on the area searched with sonar says down to the weir…and this body is about 0.4 miles down river from the weir…so it’s likely they never searched that far. What’s stupid is that they searched upstream a good ways, but not below the weir, and all the “experts” stupid comments about how bodies don’t move that far.