Sarah Everard

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Your story is nightmarish, and it's alarming how many women seem to have tales about adult men trying it on with them when they were school age, or plain-old using them as objects to bounce their deviance off. Hopefully the spotlight stays on the polis for how they handle these things, as they definitely seem to have a had an, "aye, we'll get on it right after we solve all the murders" attitude until recently.

How many folk have heard grown men drooling over schoolkids, by the way? When I was a teenager, I used to get a ride in to college with a guy in his thirties and one a few years older than me, and the highlight of their day seemed to be when we drove past one of the local academies and they could ogle the girls on their way in. Seemed like really odd behaviour at the time, but it didn't occur to me that maybe that wasn't all they liked doing.

Somewhere, Banana's head is exploding.

As a teacher, I got a lot of comments like that, mainly from people I hadn't seen for years, or had slightly different backgrounds to me. 

Aye but they 6th years eh? Must be tough having them staring at ye all day etc. 

Proper OFTW behaviour. I've even heard teachers get out certain dodgy chat too, talking about how "they" become fair game when they leave etc. 

Not to mention in the 3 schools I worked in for any time, there were three incidents of adult teachers (all maths incidentally) starting relationships with kids either in their classes, or that they had previously taught. None of them are teachers any longer. I appreciate this is a slightly different argument. 

19 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone see the hashtag #curfewformen on twitter this afternoon?

A 6pm curfew should be done for all men apparently. 

I see Farage is frothing about it and demanding reform of the Lords because it was brought up by one of them. Presumably he'd like to go back to hereditary peers only.

Lassie in my year started going out with one of our teachers pretty much the minute we left school. He was a relatively young teacher, probably early 30s at the time but there was always chat they'd started seeing each other whilst she was still in 6th year.  I only left school 7/8 years ago but can still remember dodgy comments from some older teachers towards lassies which would likely get them punted today. 

2 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

Lassie in my year started going out with one of our teachers pretty much the minute we left school. He was a relatively young teacher, probably early 30s at the time but there was always chat they'd started seeing each other whilst she was still in 6th year.  I only left school 7/8 years ago but can still remember dodgy comments from some older teachers towards lassies which would likely get them punted today. 

Same thing happened in my final year at school. Rumours that the teacher was shagging her, but brushed off as rumours, then as soon as they’d left school they started dating. Not a nonce by the law, but you’re a nonce to me.

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Same thing happened in my final year at school. Rumours that the teacher was shagging her, but brushed off as rumours, then as soon as they’d left school they started dating. Not a nonce by the law, but you’re a nonce to me.

Frankly that shit should get you struck off the register (and stuck on the other one). 

DGAF if the lassie is 18. You've known, taught, worked with, and interacted with her when you had a duty of care towards her, when she was a child. You're a paed mate. GTF

38 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone see the hashtag #curfewformen on twitter this afternoon?

A 6pm curfew should be done for all men apparently. 

See, this shite is just divisive. It won't be explained and just leads to both sets of extremists arguing relentlessly.

56 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Found the clip. It wasn't The Sweet, it was Slade, and it wasn't the drummer, it was the guitarist.

https://www.macearchive.org/films/atv-today-04011973-new-home-dave-hill-slade

Hasn't my childhood suffered enough?

29 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

A PE teacher at my school, who previously played for St. Mirren, was known for trying to fire into a 6th year girl at the end of year do.

We had to knock changing room doors before going in to make sure you didn't stumble in to a PE teacher on the job with one of the girls 6th year volley ball team or occasionally another teacher. Drink was the tech department's vice.

12 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The suspect has been moved to hospital with head injuries.

Self inflicted or beat down?

I just saw that the guy has been named. He had apparently just finished a shift at the US Embassy before abducting her on his way home. He's now received injuries while in custody. It's ripe for the conspiracy theorists isn't it.

45 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

See, this shite is just divisive. It won't be explained and just leads to both sets of extremists arguing relentlessly.

I can kind of see the reasoning behind it. I think it’s a response to the police stating that women shouldn’t go out after 9 & is trying to highlight how ridiculous that is (an effective curfew). That’s what I took from it anyway, I don’t think anyone was seriously suggesting a 6pm curfew for men and if they were they’re a nutter.

2 minutes ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I can kind of see the reasoning behind it. I think it’s a response to the police stating that women shouldn’t go out after 9 & is trying to highlight how ridiculous that is (an effective curfew). That’s what I took from it anyway, I don’t think anyone was seriously suggesting a 6pm curfew for men and if they were they’re a nutter.

Yeah I see the reasoning behind it but I took the time to research it. In my quick twitter search I saw plenty of women taking it seriously and supporting it but much more neckbeards or arseholes reading an ironic hashtag and losing the plot.

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Yeah I see the reasoning behind it but I took the time to research it. In my quick twitter search I saw plenty of women taking it seriously and supporting it but much more neckbeards or arseholes reading an ironic hashtag and losing the plot.

You’re right, I forgot how many infuriating weirdos inhabit Twitter tbf.

3 hours ago, BFTD said:

Your story is nightmarish, and it's alarming how many women seem to have tales about adult men trying it on with them when they were school age, or plain-old using them as objects to bounce their deviance off. Hopefully the spotlight stays on the polis for how they handle these things, as they definitely seem to have a had an, "aye, we'll get on it right after we solve all the murders" attitude until recently.

How many folk have heard grown men drooling over schoolkids, by the way? When I was a teenager, I used to get a ride in to college with a guy in his thirties and one a few years older than me, and the highlight of their day seemed to be when we drove past one of the local academies and they could ogle the girls on their way in. Seemed like really odd behaviour at the time, but it didn't occur to me that maybe that wasn't all they liked doing.

Somewhere, Banana's head is exploding.

The first office I worked in one of the other staff used to go into the front office (every day) during term time to watch the girls going home from the local girls secondary school, which was just up the road. I suppose he was maybe in his late 20s.