Rovers vs. ICT

That was my first time watching Raith TV and it was great.  Good commentary, alternate camera angles, replays - quite literally a millions times better than our pish.  Despite the victory, one thing that really showed was how badly we need a finisher.  Particularly in the first half, there was two three chances where the attacker took the wrong option - Todorov (I think) trying to take a ball down instead of rifling it on the volley being a prime example.  Daniel Mackay's second chance after the goal was another example - in a good position but essentially just past it straight at the goalkeeper.

Based on the two Queen of the South red cards being downgraded to yellows we should definitely be appealing the Davidson red card based on the highlights.

If it is overturned it doesn’t really help us massively as it doesn’t change the result from last night and Musonda and Bene should be the starting centre backs. However, it would be good to still have him available. As is the way with the Rovers, we all know if he is suspended for a couple of games a defensive injury amongst our remaining players is guaranteed.

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Based on the two Queen of the South red cards being downgraded to yellows we should definitely be appealing the Davidson red card based on the highlights.

If it is overturned it doesn’t really help us massively as it doesn’t change the result from last night and Musonda and Bene should be the starting centre backs. However, it would be good to still have him available. As is the way with the Rovers, we all know if he is suspended for a couple of games a defensive injury amongst our remaining players is guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

I'd be very wary of appealing Davidson's card on the grounds his reaction might earn him a longer ban.. 

Exactly, I’m expecting a 3 or 4 game suspension as it lies anyway because of that.

Saw the red card on your highlights package - I thought our red cards were weak on Sat v Alloa but dearie me............giving a red for that after only 10 minutes played. Have no idea what the Ref saw in that challenge that made it a straight red but you talk about ruining a game of football. It is all very well winning the appeal but 3 points down the drain over a nothing issue. C

Ref goes to blow his whistle just before the header is made, and the lad went down clutching the right hand side of his face. Still think there may have been something going on that the camera didn't pick up, the Sportsound panel were adamant it was a straight red. 

28 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Saw the red card on your highlights package - I thought our red cards were weak on Sat v Alloa but dearie me............giving a red for that after only 10 minutes played. Have no idea what the Ref saw in that challenge that made it a straight red but you talk about ruining a game of football. It is all very well winning the appeal but 3 points down the drain over a nothing issue. C

I would say it's pretty obvious he has, incorrectly, thought that Davidson has clattered into Todorov with his elbow.

At the time I wasn't convinced that it was a straight red card and I agree with earlier comments that the referee should have discussed with his linesman but perhaps our players reactions have influenced him. Todorov does seem to have habit of collapsing in a heap after some aerial tussles and I think he does go down pretty easily here. Davidsons reaction afterwards though might see him punished further what with starting some kind of an attempt of a chokeslam on Welsh :lol:

He (Steven) was awful throughout the game. The Devine challenge on Vaughan (?) was a clear foul and free kick to Raith Rovers. To give that one to us is utterly inexplicable. As I said earlier in the thread we benefitted from his shocking display.

Edited by RiG

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Ref goes to blow his whistle just before the header is made, and the lad went down clutching the right hand side of his face. Still think there may have been something going on that the camera didn't pick up, the Sportsound panel were adamant it was a straight red. 

I still think it was the follow through.  He heads the ball then heads the back of Todorov's head.  Not intentional sure, but he still melted him.

43 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

the Sportsound panel were adamant it was a straight red. 

Sportsound were adamant in the Hearts cup tie that the ball clearly hit Bene's arm for Hearts' first penalty. 

It's often easier for pundits to agree with a refereeing decision after it's been given and obviously last night the decision was instant. 

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I still think it was the follow through.  He heads the ball then heads the back of Todorov's head.  Not intentional sure, but he still melted him.

Yea, I see Davo follow through the possible head to head with an arm around his neck and a clear downward jerk. To me it’s a clear red for violent conduct, and likely a response to the “knockdown” just before on the highlights. Davo is well known for reacting and the ref knew that he was on edge from just before and saw what he expected, so the red was baked in anyway. The question is how many additional games will the scrum after draw.

Yea, I see Davo follow through the possible head to head with an arm around his neck and a clear downward jerk. To me it’s a clear red for violent conduct, and likely a response to the “knockdown” just before on the highlights. Davo is well known for reacting and the ref knew that he was on edge from just before and saw what he expected, so the red was baked in anyway. The question is how many additional games will the scrum after draw.
I'm not one known for defending davo but disagree that it was a red card. At most it should have been a yellow. It was only todorov and the rest of the calley players reactions that made it look more than what it was. He didnt exactly handle it as an experienced pro should by trying to shout at todorov while he writhed about in erm, absolute agony after being sent off. Nor by attempting to choke slam someone in the aftermath.

It did ultimately leave us a man down for 80 minutes though and going in with your arm in that position is just stupid as it always leaves the ref with that option.

The only thing I can think that might have led to the red card was, as mentioned, that there was a previous foul and he has intended to clatter the player.
The referee was quick to pull the card so probably saw it that way and the reaction from him to todorov does seem to be either telling him to get up or to get it up ye.

The only thing I can think that might have led to the red card was, as mentioned, that there was a previous foul and he has intended to clatter the player.
The referee was quick to pull the card so probably saw it that way and the reaction from him to todorov does seem to be either telling him to get up or to get it up ye.
He was merely insinuating that he had went down a little easily.

Having just watched the highlights I firstly have to say the goal we conceded was shocking. Firstly block the keeper taking a quick kick, secondly win the ball on the half way line and thirdly what the hell was McDonald doing out there. If he stayed in his 6 yard box that was never a goal.

Then we have Davo. I'm not convinced in anyway that was a red card, however his antics afterwards was a disgrace. The senior pro in our team acting like a child. The ICT player summed up his behaviour exactly. I'll repeat what I said last night. Get rid of him, he lets himself and the club down over and over again. Never learns and should never have been given a contract for the Championship.