Rovers vs. ICT

Davo is an absolute embarrassment, he knew exactly what he was doing and the impact it would have on the the team. He let himself (least of his worries), team mates, club & supporters all down. The rhetoric from the players after the game towards Davo shows exactly what little respect they have for him now. His time is definitely up.

15 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I remember Roy Hodgson saying fairness doesnt come into footbal there's no point in bemoaning it. too often its about the run of the ball, getting the breaks and refereeing decisions. But you'd think that with ICT the law of averages would apply...

We were the architects of our own downfall tonight. Caley did well with the chance when it came along and probably were unlucky not to have a few more. It's wasn't one sided but they definitely had the best chances and deserved the win. But it's completely frustrating to lose in such a pedestrian manner. As mentioned, the lack of plan B is an issue. We didn't help ourselves leaving Gozie on when he'd done so little. We really need to put in a solid performance on Saturday but I'm not at all confident given how far off it we've looked the last few games. 

3 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We were the architects of our own downfall tonight. Caley did well with the chance when it came along and probably were unlucky not to have a few more. It's wasn't one sided but they definitely had the best chances and deserved the win. But it's completely frustrating to lose in such a pedestrian manner. As mentioned, the lack of plan B is an issue. We didn't help ourselves leaving Gozie on when he'd done so little. We really need to put in a solid performance on Saturday but I'm not at all confident given how far off it we've looked the last few games. 

Yes, we've been piss poor up front; as I said earlier its one thing to have slick midfielders but no one to finish the moves. Nevertheless, the game ran for ICT, the breaks and the refereeing all going their way.

30 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Same as you. 

Need to get Duku back on form and to do that we need to play him again. He’s our top scorer. Is it 10 goals he’s got between league games and League Cup games? Who is our next top scorer after that?

Davo is an absolute embarrassment, he knew exactly what he was doing and the impact it would have on the the team. He let himself (least of his worries), team mates, club & supporters all down. The rhetoric from the players after the game towards Davo shows exactly what little respect they have for him now. His time is definitely up.
What did I miss? Like most folk I just shut the tab down on the full-time whistle [emoji23]

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The more I watch the red card , it looks like Davidson was made a target to be sent off , the reaction from the caley players makes you wonder if that was the case

At worst it looked like a careless elbow, after the card it escalated with the 'Dougie Hill grip' if the referee had taken him aside that maybe wouldn't have happened.

Saturday is huge now and has the potential to define our season. Win and we’re back in the hunt for a play off up. Lose and we are looking downwards I’m afraid. 

2 points from 3 games against Ayr and ICT is a very poor return. If we come away with 2 points from 4 games against them both then it’ll be an extremely worrying run of form. 

3 hours ago, renton said:

A wee bit off the match itself, but losing games when you are watching on a tablet, laptop or whatever is frustrating as hell. Previously after a standard grim midweek game you could walk it off on the way to the train station, talk shite with your pals to take your mind off of it. Even get a pint in on the way home.

Now you just wait for the full time whistle, close the tab and stare at a fucking wall for ten minutes.

I have found this the last few games. The frustration of watching us fail to get the better of Ayr last week had me angrier than I’ve been after a Rovers match for years and it wasn’t even a defeat. Definitely suffering from the lack of the pre and post match rituals to soften the blow.  Perhaps it’s also because there’s so little else going on in life that we’re all relying on Rovers for some much needed entertainment and then you sit and watch a sub par performance and it feels like they’ve let you down even more maybe. Weirdly, tonight wasn’t as bad because I was totally expecting us to be shite and to lose. The first five minutes you could tell we were in for another insipid midweek Rovers performance so I never once had my hopes up. The sending off  just reinforced  that, although ironically we came into the game later on. 

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

That'll be Davidson out for the next two games through his utter recklessness, he needs put out to pasture now or used as the one up front lol 

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The more I watch the red card , it looks like Davidson was made a target to be sent off , the reaction from the caley players makes you wonder if that was the case

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

At worst it looked like a careless elbow, after the card it escalated with the 'Dougie Hill grip' if the referee had taken him aside that maybe wouldn't have happened.

Saw Davo get annoyed at the 1:10 mark as he feels he was fouled and the ref ignored it. He charged at the player and swerved toward the ref, arm up yelling. Shortly after that, it looks like he jumped over the ICT player and perhaps made head to head contact, but also followed through with an arm shoving the player down. Even worse, he then steps forward to yell at the downed player, after getting a red, and then scuffles with two ICT players who took issue with his behavior, including grabbing a throat of another ICT player.

I expect 2 games for the initial red and 1-3 more games for the violent response. I see no grounds for an appeal by the Rovers with any hope of success.

I feel like the video can't be showing the full picture, because it looks like Davidson just has his arm over the boy's shoulder. Even if he's pushing across, he doesn't look to have the momentum or the force to warrant a red card. The way the other players react, though, does suggest there was something more to it. 

There's definitely not enough in the footage to show why the red was given. 

However it is noticeable that as well as the reaction of the ICT players, there's also a lack of outrage from the Rovers players so there must be something in it.