Scotland v Austria

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

I'd love to see more of Tierney driving from deep. O'Donnell is rubbish anyway, so just pull him back and let Tierney bomb forward. We'll pretend we don't have a right hand side.

Starting to dislike you G Man.

O Donnell has been no great shakes for Motherwell this season. But he has been decent for Scotland in his last few performances. 

Take your hatred elsewhere you dribbling ninny 

On the team:
- Marshall's club performances haven't been good recently by all accounts. Hopefully this isn't the start of a decline.
- Tonight showed why McTominay plays in the back three. If we're forcing crosses into the box, our centre backs need to be able to win the headers. Jack Hendry couldn't.
- The McGinn debate is over. Play him further forward. Let Armstrong spell him.
- We still have a striker problem. Dykes can do two things - hold the ball up and press. If we aren't building a gameplan around that, he's the worst of the three options to play.
- I'd love to see more of Tierney driving from deep. O'Donnell is rubbish anyway, so just pull him back and let Tierney bomb forward. We'll pretend we don't have a right hand side.

Hendry’s distribution is also average compared with mctominay so we kept losing possession and inviting pressure onto ourselves. I know gilmour is young and hardly playing but leaning towards just bringing him in to allow mctominay to drop back to defence

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

On the team:

- Marshall's club performances haven't been good recently by all accounts. Hopefully this isn't the start of a decline.

- Tonight showed why McTominay plays in the back three. If we're forcing crosses into the box, our centre backs need to be able to win the headers. Jack Hendry couldn't.

- We still have a striker problem. Dykes can do two things - hold the ball up and press. If we aren't building a gameplan around that, he's the worst of the three options to play.

- I'd love to see more of Tierney driving from deep. O'Donnell is rubbish anyway, so just pull him back and let Tierney bomb forward. We'll pretend we don't have a right hand side.

Cant disagree with anything here 

Having both Robertson and Tierney driving on the left side would be a strange tactical tweak but something we could certainly use to our advantage. 

I think McTominay is wasted at the back, but he is equally wasted if we bypass the centre mids. If having him at right centre back gets him on the ball more and improves our physicality at the back,  lets go for it. 

1 minute ago, The Derry said:

Literally every defender that's ever played the game has had players score headers against them.  It doesn't make them bad players or even have a bad game.

Nobody wins every aerial battle.  

certainly not against boys who are 6’ 7”

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

We conceded two goals and it was his man that scored both.

He was up against a 6'7 striker in the air. Wasnt his fault, it was whoever who was meant to be infront of their striker that was at fault.

He was far from the worst tonight.

9 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

This joint match coverage is awful. Not the fault of Eilidh Barbour or the others but just doesn’t work. Talk about the game everyone just watched.

I think that Eilidh Barbour does a fantastic job covering both matches and sounds as if she’s watched both in their entirety. But awful to have two matches with the same people covering them both. Just shite.

7 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Disagree.

If we had a goal disallowed for that we would be raging.

Tierney bought that a belter. No way there was enough for a foul IMO.

I’d be raging but it wouldn’t make it right. The overall performance from the ref was atrocious but he got that one correct.

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

Starting to dislike you G Man.

O Donnell has been no great shakes for Motherwell this season. But he has been decent for Scotland in his last few performances. 

Take your hatred elsewhere you dribbling ninny 

He's been bad for Motherwell and even worse for Scotland.

I'll be very interested to check his stats when they're uploaded. I'm pretty sure the only cross he completed tonight was the one for the goal, and that's only because the Austrian keeper bizarrely decided not to come for a ball that spent about half an hour in the air. When every attack down our right hand side is breaking down, then that's a major problem.

The guy is nowhere close to being an international player. He has physical attributes, but he doesn't have the brain or the technical ability for it.

13 minutes ago, G51 said:

On the team:

The alternative is Liam Palmer.

Stay off the sauce please.

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

He's been bad for Motherwell and even worse for Scotland.

I'll be very interested to check his stats when they're uploaded. I'm pretty sure the only cross he completed tonight was the one for the goal, and that's only because the Austrian keeper bizarrely decided not to come for a ball that spent about half an hour in the air. When every attack down our right hand side is breaking down, then that's a major problem.

The guy is nowhere close to being an international player. He has physical attributes, but he doesn't have the brain or the technical ability for it.

Utter utter garbage.

This is a player that Steve Clarke has picked time and again. I am not blind to his deficiencies but he has been a decent player for Scotland the last campaign and even tonight. 

Also what are our alternatives? He is proving to be the best we have at right back for now. 

Clearly you don’t rate him but stop with your nonsense about him being rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

The alternative is Liam Palmer.

Stay off the sauce please.

The alternative also being rubbish doesn't make O'Donnell good.

That said, I think his performance was bad enough tonight to see him lose the shirt. Lets see if Palmer is worse.

Just now, G51 said:

That said, I think his performance was bad enough tonight to see him lose the shirt. Lets see if Palmer is worse.

Thoughts on his assist for the goal tonight?

Just now, G51 said:

Your opinion is literally worth the sum total of f**k all. 

It is clearly based on a bias. 

I will not post anymore on this subject as I value your judgement less than an amoeba 🦠