Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

11 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

The Lowland League hold all the cards.  They can reject the Conference league (along with the HL) and also reject B teams.

The SFA can't push this through without LL and HL support, and pissing off 34 full voting SFA members + the other 10 or so (full voting members) in the lower tiers, is a large block of clubs to alienate.

I don’t think they do

SFA can press on with the conference and invite LL and HL Clubs to apply. We all know that Clubs would jump ship and go for it.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

I don’t think they do

SFA can press on with the conference and invite LL and HL Clubs to apply. We all know that Clubs would jump ship and go for it.

As has been said, a legally independent league (it wont be an SPFL league) would therefore require approval from LL and HL to change the play-offs. Further, if the LL and HL refuse to co-operate with pro/rel, the league is a dead duck.  The SFA won't press ahead without the tacit approval of LL and HL in my opinion.

45 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

...We all know that Clubs would jump ship and go for it.

The principle of progression is part and parcel of club licensing. If by some miracle the HL and LL are daft enough to sign off on this, the places for non-B teams would almost certainly be filled through promotion by on field merit. This is not going to magically make the pyramid go away so Cowdenbeath can be back in the national divisions again.

Not even remotely worried about this proposal, as if they're ever going to break the dam to allow colts teams in, the issue of major reconstruction talks would need to be broached, including the Premiership. If they really want colts in the leagues, they'll have to sacrifice something for it, and I reckon they won't do that.

Not even the stupidest of club admins (save from genuine sycophant-types at meaningless clubs like "Caledonian Braves" or the podcast club) would (surely) be drawn in by this pathetic attempt so blatant in its self-interest it's genuinely beyond a level I expected.

You know there might be light at the end of the tunnel if this is forced through against the wishes of the clubs.

A chance for Scottish football to finally get the OF to f**k and rebuild from the bottom up. Ditch the SFA, give their refs better working condition, form a new board and start again. Will be brutal for a few years and we can kiss bye-bye to any Euro competitions, but long term it would either completely revitalise the game… and if it fails then we start again anyway! As long as we still have our clubs to support (some may be a lot smaller by then) then what is there to lose? Too many clubs have been treading water for too long and going nowhere fast and the SFA are perfectly happy with this as long as the OF are happy and can’t be challenged.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

As has been said, a legally independent league (it wont be an SPFL league) would therefore require approval from LL and HL to change the play-offs. Further, if the LL and HL refuse to co-operate with pro/rel, the league is a dead duck.  The SFA won't press ahead without the tacit approval of LL and HL in my opinion.

In the scenario that it is a separate league body and therefore requires a change to pyramid playoff rules, I assume the SPFL approval for this can come from the board only rather than a vote of clubs, hence why Maxwell thinks they can stitch things up with this approach? Is that the same in the LL & HL or would all clubs get a vote?

52 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The principle of progression is part and parcel of club licensing. If by some miracle the HL and LL are daft enough to sign off on this, the places for non-B teams would almost certainly be filled through promotion by on field merit. This is not going to magically make the pyramid go away so Cowdenbeath can be back in the national divisions again.

Love to know what your problem with Cowdenbeath is, never fail to take the chance to have a pop.

I don’t recall any Cowdenbeath fan on here expressing any self entitlement to be higher up the ladder than we are now, and accepted relegation to the LL with regret but good grace.

22 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Missed the turmoil of Brechin trying to change the rules in their favour and then the SFA having to hold the Lowland League hostage over the covid related changes (scrapping the boundary & minimum number of games played).

They couldn't just railroad through any changes. The agreement is for the bottom club in the SPFL. It's either a division of the SPFL or its not.

EDIT:

Also like to see someone explain the new SPFL League Cup and Challenge Cup formats.

I like the way you think they care about the League and Challenge Cups!

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Very strange post. You obviously have some beef with Cowdenbeath. No idea why. Maybe you could enlighten us? That would be good, cheers.

33 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Love to know what your problem with Cowdenbeath is, never fail to take the chance to have a pop.

I don’t recall any Cowdenbeath fan on here expressing any self entitlement to be higher up the ladder than we are now, and accepted relegation to the LL with regret but good grace.

Relegation to the Lowland League was certainly merited when we lost the Play Off. Any promotion to Scottish League 2 will also be based on results and merit. There is no other agenda.

Unlike some other teams, we do not work for or anticipate an invitation.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

The German Cup is much more restrictive on entry than ours is. Only 64 clubs get to enter it - outside the top two tiers you've only got one or two qualifiers per region.

I don't think that's a bad thing, though. The 21 regional cups retain a bit of prestige, and they introduced a day last year (finaltag der amateure) where the finals were all on the same day, and had live tv coverage of all the goals.

Edited by Todd_is_God

Uh no. The Scottish Cup is far far superior, to all but possibly the FA Cup (leaving weakened sides out!) And maybe the mad French one where all the overseas territories enter. That's the next step for us. Get Scottish colonies like New Zealand and Canada involved in an all-in 1st round draw.

There's no mechanism by which it is 'inevitable' - although well fucking done to the losers in the LL who set this up in the first place. It can and should be chucked in the bin just like 90% of the SFA's garbage proposals, as well as the infamous attempt to insert Sevco in the second tier.

If there is a voting mechanism then every club's voice counts.