Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Who’d genuinely believe anything Maxwell tells them 😂. Was it not Maxwell who told the ERJFA they were getting in the pyramid at Tier 6 (Lowland) and it was a done deal.  Gee can anyone recall how that one played out with the EOSFL veto?  ‘B Teams getting promoted next season’ or ‘we’ll set up a conference at Tier 5’ the SPFL will just block it like the last god knows how many times this shit has been raised about Colt Teams. The SPFLs own voting system has destroyed the Arse Cheeks ability to ever push this through and no amount of “in the know” or “it’s a done deal” BS changes that. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

18 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Maybe I’m being whooshed here. 1/2 a promotion slot to the HL (and none this year apparently), compared to a virtually guaranteed promotion spot to the LL annually, plus a possible 2 relegations?

It's the shortage of licensed clubs at tier 6 I was meaning,

5 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Just please go away and let the grown ups talk. Just lost more moments I'll never get back. 

Red dot please.

Grown ups talk? Only been here 24hrs and been called a troll and a weird little specimen by one of the biggest babies on here. Red dotted every comment I’ve made which is fine by me but now reaching for his kleenex about me red dotting him and lying that I’ve dotted and old post. If he can show one, just one old post I’ve red dotted I shall grant you your wish and go away. 

Don’t normally do requests but seeing as you said please the second one has been granted. 

23 minutes ago, GreenGreenGrass said:

Grown ups talk? Only been here 24hrs and been called a troll and a weird little specimen by one of the biggest babies on here. Red dotted every comment I’ve made which is fine by me but now reaching for his kleenex about me red dotting him and lying that I’ve dotted and old post. If he can show one, just one old post I’ve red dotted I shall grant you your wish and go away. 

Don’t normally do requests but seeing as you said please the second one has been granted. 

You have said you are in favour of the b teams but there is no substance in your statements. Don't come on and spout sound bites give us reasons why you are in favour. Yes you'll get shouted down by dosome me but some will have a discussion with you. There are a lot of people on here who give up a lot of their time at their clubs and have a  right to be angry with the situation. You have come on and just stirred the pot with no history. Engage don't troll.

Can we not just create a conference league completely outside the Pyramid and fill it with colt teams and all the utter diddies like East Kilbride, Cumbernauld Colts, Cowdenbeath, and Berwick who actually want to be in a league with boys teams?

Let the serious football clubs from the EoSFL and WoSFL take their place in the LL and just let everyone who wants a genuine Pyramid get on with it?

Clearly the stable door and horse scenario is well underway with the B teams, but surely the least that should be expected from the LL clubs is to wring the maximum revenue from this cash cow, sorry bolting horse, sorry donkey's ass, whatever. 200k per club per season sounds about right to me (maybe higher?) something big enough to be of tangible benefit to the clubs, and to be too much for most to throw at it and stem applicant numbers from becoming unmanageable (there seems to be no other obstacles to anyone in the SPFL entering). 

In an ideal world I would like to see HFL/South East/South West for a far more accurate distribution across the country of clubs with a structure and ambition to play at that level and above - each with an inevitable couple of Bs in each but providing a useful income source as above, with the top 2 in each (discounting Bs) playing off along with bottom 2 in League 2, 2 x mini groups (H+A), winners of each go/stay up and the others at least get a bit of revenue from the 3 matches. At the other end, 3 down to WOSFL / EOSFL / MID+CAL+NJ level. Every time there's a vote and the closed shop status quo is maintained while selling out a bit more at the expense of their self respect, a wee piece of my soul dies. And I don't even have a team at this level. 

57 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Who’d genuinely believe anything Maxwell tells them 😂. Was it not Maxwell who told the ERJFA they were getting in the pyramid at Tier 6 (Lowland) and it was a done deal.  Gee can anyone recall how that one played out with the EOSFL veto?  ‘B Teams getting promoted next season’ or ‘we’ll set up a conference at Tier 5’ the SPFL will just block it like the last god knows how many times this shit has been raised about Colt Teams. The SPFLs own voting system has destroyed the Arse Cheeks ability to ever push this through and no amount of “in the know” or “it’s a done deal” BS changes that. 

Spfl want conference - their membership still don’t want B team promotion

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Maybe I’m being whooshed here. 1/2 a promotion slot to the HL (and none this year apparently), compared to a virtually guaranteed promotion spot to the LL annually, plus a possible 2 relegations?

I think the point is that from a geographical perspective, it would make more sense to have an extra Tier 5 league in the southern half of the country, since this would better represent the number and depth of quality of clubs in those regions.

3 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

The conference is wrong on so many levels the only good its for is lining peoples pockets higher up, including Maxwell.  We have all fought long and hard for a fully working pyramid system and only reason why its not fully working is due to clubs in SPFL2 and the Lowland trying to stop relegation from their divisions as in self preservation and now last couple of years the SFA and the Old Firm have got involved pushing B teams into the Lowland and to be honest, it wont stop and they don't give a feck about lower down B teams.

When you think of it the B teams inclusion
First they said ' it was for one year only 2021/22 '
and then
this season they said ' its extremely encouraging that the lowland league has agreed to assist our clubs on a temporary basis for season 2022/23 '

Think this time it will be
"Feck you all, we have used you and your all that dumb shit you fell for it for season 23/24"

The B teams will never be got rid off.

1 minute ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Why would SPFL clubs want a conference? Have any SPFL clubs said they want this? Being relegated into a league where about half the clubs are B teams isn't an exciting proposition. Even more so when it remains to be seen what the promotion criteria will be, or anything else for that matter since the "plan" appears to have been written on the back of a beer mat from the Hampden hospitality suite. 

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

The SPFL board wanting a conference doesn't mean SPFL members will vote in favour of one, as SPFL boards have been unsuccessfully trying to force B teams on them for years.

2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

So they can set up a Conference League that’s full of Colt teams and any Turkeys Clubs who want to vote for Christmas with zero ability to join the pyramid as the SPFL will not accept it. Basically it’s Gordon EF’s plan. 

10 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

So they can set up a Conference League that’s full of Colt teams and any Turkeys Clubs who want to vote for Christmas with zero ability to join the pyramid as the SPFL will not accept it. Basically it’s Gordon EF’s plan. 

B teams won’t get promotion best placed normal club will play club 42

3 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

B teams won’t get promotion best placed normal club will play club 42

IF and only IF the SPFL, HL and LL vote the changes through. You do understand that the SFA, the SPFL or any other organisation can’t just shoehorn a league in without the approval of all the relevant organisations members? 

go and ask Larry from Lochee Utd how much power the SFA has to bring leagues into the pyramid as he’s probably still got the email full of lies they sent to the ERJFA about Tier 6 entry. 

4 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

IF and only IF the SPFL, HL and LL vote the changes through. You do understand that the SFA, the SPFL or any other organisation can’t just shoehorn a league in without the approval of all the relevant organisations members? 

go and ask Larry from Lochee Utd how much power the SFA has to bring leagues into the pyramid as he’s probably still got the email full of lies they sent to the ERJFA about Tier 6 entry. 

Has Larry made this email public?,  The more everyone find out about this crap the better.  If there are people in the SFA thinking about their own agenda then they should not be there

3 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Has Larry made this email public?,  The more everyone find out about this crap the better.  If there are people in the SFA thinking about their own agenda then they should not be there

No idea, think Marten saw it (might be wrong).  Felt for Larry as he was absolutely hung out to dry by believing the BS the SFA we’re telling them while Burnieman told him from day dot that the Veto would stop it dead in its tracks. Wasn’t Larry’s fault good to see Lochee got their Licence.  

14 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I understand that is the theory - but SFA/SPFL/Old Firm working together are a powerful combination who may well find a way round that - with only a very fragmented pyramid outwith that.  

9 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I understand that is the theory - but SFA/SPFL/Old Firm working together are a powerful combination who may well find a way round that - with only a very fragmented pyramid outwith that.  

Of course they are CC, I’ve no doubt they came hard at clubs like Cowdenbeath, Shire and Berwick who’ve just been relegated, they tried to bully the SPFL in the past (you guys were obviously there then) and it obviously didn’t work so they’re now trying to bully the Lowland League clubs. It’s sad our football is set up to service two clubs and not the 100+ but sadly they’ll never change that. 

25 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

No idea, think Marten saw it (might be wrong).  Felt for Larry as he was absolutely hung out to dry by believing the BS the SFA we’re telling them while Burnieman told him from day dot that the Veto would stop it dead in its tracks. Wasn’t Larry’s fault good to see Lochee got their Licence.  

I'm sure you'll appreciate that I don't share private conversations on here. But save to say that there is plenty of doubt about the SFA's plans re. the pyramid and they don't exactly have much goodwill anymore amongst clubs tier 6 and lower. The general feeling here in Tayside is also that we dodged a bullet by not ending up below the basketcase that is the LL, but below the HL instead.