Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

You can just read the anticipation in every word throughout that blog over next season's Lowland League campain and whether or not they will finish 2nd or 3rd.

It's terrible that year after year Celtic and Rangers are forced to buy foreign players as home grown talent just isn't good enough despite the thousands of talented young Scottish players that have passed through the youth ranks for decades and now because the 200 or so other Scottish clubs in the pyramid through their own selfishness, prejudice and jealousy of success don't want to assist either Celtic and Rangers on their dream on becoming giants of European football again winning trophies for Scottish football by not allowing Rangers and Celtic B teams to play in a league that suits the level they believe they should be playing at and forcing them to play in a part time league outside the SPFL.

Jeremy Clarkson tells students AGAIN to not worry over failing A-Levels

Edited by approximately dave

25 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I don't believe so.  If you look at SFA announcements of international youth squads, there is always an asterisk "*" beside the names of players attending the performance schools. Celtic, Rangers and Hearts players are almost exclusively not highlighted as such.

The SFA may have accepted the situation as dictated to them by the OF in particular, but that's as far as it goes.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/performance/jd-performance-schools/

The schools are:

• Hazlehead Academy – Aberdeen
  • St John’s RC High School – Dundee
  • Broughton High School – Edinburgh
  • Graeme High School – Falkirk
  • Holyrood Secondary School – Glasgow
  • Grange Academy – Kilmarnock
  • Braidhurst High School – Motherwell

Players like Nathan Patterson and Harry Cochrane were identified as Performance School graduates in the past, which is why I assumed those clubs were part of the scheme. I didn't realise they went to different schools to those outlined.

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Is it likely abstention was either Spartans or Dalbeattie?

From what's left either or both Cowdenbeath and Berwick have voted in favour which is very disappointing.

Cap dothed to @Pyramid Watcher And his fellow braves.

The power of the fans vote 😃😃👍🏻

The only shimmer of light I can see with this is that it may, and I stress may, open up the LL at the end of next season when 3 or 4 clubs bugger off to the promised land.

1 minute ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

The power of the fans vote 😃😃👍🏻

The only shimmer of light I can see with this is that it may, and I stress may, open up the LL at the end of next season when 3 or 4 clubs bugger off to the promised land.

What clubs in their right mind would want to be in such a setup; then again history shows me to be misguided. 

A more succinct question would be; are any Highland Clubs likely to want to be part of it, more a statement than a question.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Players like Nathan Patterson and Harry Cochrane were identified as Performance School graduates in the past, which is why I assumed those clubs were part of the scheme. I didn't realise they went to different schools to those outlined.

I know Rangers send their youth players to Boclair Academy in Bearsden (I assume due to its proximity to their training centre). So not one of the schools listed.

9 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

What clubs in their right mind would want to be in such a setup; then again history shows me to be misguided. 

A more succinct question would be; are any Highland Clubs likely to want to be part of it, more a statement than a question.

I suspect they will be seduced by the guaranteed money on offer for being in, reported to be £40-50k.

Good question, I suspect that only Brechin may be interested?

The 10 are c*nts. The 5 aren't. I look forward to the tedious gobshites who have been spewing out the "glorified boys club" pish on here for the past three years giving Caledonian Braves some credit for their stance. I'm not holding my breath though, I expect this to occur round about the same time as Celtic fans stop blaming everything on masonic conspiracies. 

2 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

Maybe the West of Scotland Premier League teams weren't so daft now dragging their heals in joining the pyramid? Did they know something

Nah, they clearly demonstrated that they know f**k all, and preferred to let Tom Johnston do their thinking (using the term loosely) for them. The Lowland League being a shower doesn't make their intransigence and obstruction any more justifiable.

44 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

The 10 are c*nts. The 5 aren't. I look forward to the tedious gobshites who have been spewing out the "glorified boys club" pish on here for the past three years giving Caledonian Braves some credit for their stance. I'm not holding my breath though, I expect this to occur round about the same time as Celtic fans stop blaming everything on masonic conspiracies. 

It was the Braves members who voted this down, I’m not sure the owner, who is vice chair of the LL, had similar views.

1 hour ago, CowdenMiners1204 said:

Do the teams that vote no still take money for the inclusion of B teams or do they reject it?

If Cowdenbeath voted yes to the B teams I think it’s only right that the no voters don’t take the money.

But if Cowden voted no then I feel they still have every right to take the money.🤑

24 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

If Cowdenbeath voted yes to the B teams I think it’s only right that the no voters don’t take the money.

But if Cowden voted no then I feel they still have every right to take the money.🤑

30 pieces of silver.

Shocking if the names are corrects that at least one former SPFL team (possibly two) are on the Arsehole list.  I get Dalbeattie Star abstaining as they’re pretty much relegated and felt it wasn’t their place to decide.  There’s 10 clubs that should be ashamed of themselves here.  I expected the former SPFL teams and Ex Juniors to kick this into the sea at every vote yet one of the 5 is Caledonian Braves! A team who are routinely put down by fans for not being a ‘real club’.  SLFL could be a great league in a few seasons if they opened up relegation and kicked the B teams out.  A shambles league being run for self preservation while taking the crumbs that Celtic, Hearts and Rangers throw them. 

Fans of the 10 have the power to show their feelings here. 

2 hours ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I suspect they will be seduced by the guaranteed money on offer for being in, reported to be £40-50k.

Good question, I suspect that only Brechin may be interested?

I don’t think Brechin could be anything else but interested.  I don’t like the idea any more than the majority on here, but we want to get back into the SPFL and if this is forced through and that is your only route to League Two then I’m not sure there would be much choice.

The lack of detail coming from the authorities here is a disgrace.  Can they do this? What is the mechanism for setting it up? Do the current tier 5 leagues need to agree on the pyramid playoff?  These questions and more need answered.

5 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

I know my feelings if my team are on the list of ten

Hopefully you’re not, after last year I certainly know any clubs board can do something incredibly stupid and against the wishes of the fans and voting Yes to this pales in comparison to our boards decision last year.