Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

How many in the league next year then?

How long before other clubs decide to have a B team in the league?

I take it they'll just add and add and add to the existing 19.

An absolute shambles of an organisation!

Edited by newcastle broon

If it wasn't for the monies spent on obtaining licences , plus the income they derive from Big Scottish participation; you could understand the ex juniors and maybe others telling them to shove their pyramid. Buggering off to set up their own league's.

On top of this there is a review of licencing; probably putting barriers in place to reduce further applicants and increasing costs of existing licencees to keep it. I have other thoughts on this but not the time or place.

Funny how the weans teams and scrapping of the Maginot Line came into being following the final entry of juniors into the pyramid.

Never thought I was a conspiracy theorist: thanks Scottish Football.

Lowland League Club Officials; you are a disgrace. Tine for you to just F.O. please.

14 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

I'm sure people will be pitching Hibs to join soon enough.

Although Aberdeen were the 4th club linked with the Conference League idea. They still don't have a league to play in next season 😱. Clearly, the Lowland League should help them out since they're so considerate.

11 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

19 next season again NB.

The choices last night were vote for them again participating in the league for season 2023-24, or get them out, unfortunately the vote went as already quoted on previous posts 10-5 with one abstention.

I can also assure you the money on offer from them is also embarrassing, the LL sold themselves out to the old firm three years ago by allowing them in rather than opening it up to more promotion from tier 6 and now the old firm are calling the shots rather than the LL. 

The 'pyramid' system in Scotland is a fallacy!!

Any word on the 5 good guys as yet?

I need to be careful where I spend my money next season in the Lowland League...

Only seen East Stirling come out against so far (oddly, no one has yet come out as for yet... even for last years vote!!)

7 hours ago, Dev said:

Honestly could not tell you which statutes! Have you never heard of charges of bring the sport into disrepute? Really?

I don't think UEFA are going to be spending much time listening to a complaint of "oh but they said they would set up a new league if we didn't vote for that, DISREPUTE, DISREPUTE".

Caledonian Braves had a vote, no word of the result.

Tonight will see another important Scottish Lowland Football League (SLFL) vote take place and, as per normal club procedure, the club’s decision will be determined by a poll amongst members on the Braves App.

There has been much discussion over the developments regarding B Teams and its impact on the SLFL. The Scottish FA has indicated their preference to pursue a ‘Conference League’ which, will sit below SPFL League 2 and above the SLFL (and Highland League), becoming the new Tier 5.

Discussions have indicated that the Scottish FA’s preference is for the addition of a Conference League in 2024/25, with an agreed pathway for promotion and relegation.

However, this leaves outstanding the issue of existing B teams (Celtic, Hearts and Rangers), and what division they play in during season 2023/24.

The Scottish FA is now asking SLFL clubs to vote on whether these three B teams can be included within the division in 2023/24. If rejected, it has been indicated that there is a possibility that the Conference League may be brought forward, with a combination of B Teams and invited guest clubs.

Voting is now open, on the Caledonian Braves club app.

11 hours ago, CambieBud said:

If that is the case, then how can they enforce relegation from league 2? 

If the Conference is envisaged to be a separate entity, a League 2 side losing a play off may go from tier 4 to what would have become tier 6 (the Lowland League).

But in truth, the aim is to either change the LL rules to allow B teams promotion or to have the Conference as the fifth level within a pyramid, with promotion and relegation.

My money's on the former, it'll be easier to con teams with that 'tweak', possibly as soon as this time next year.

Shameful machinations from a shameless Scottish football administration.

This league has the potential to be one of the most competitive leagues in Scotland. Instead, its the biggest car crash I have ever seen. 

With teams coming down from League 2, teams going up from EOS Premier & WOS Premier. But instead, we have limited relegation/promotion from T6 to get this flowing quicker.

We have three B teams that add nothing but some extra pennies to the glorified boys club that have no vision except for going down the way while they cling on to there Lowland league status with the limited relegation.

Let us know who the good 5 are, and stuff the rest.

14 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

If the Conference is envisaged to be a separate entity, a League 2 side losing a play off may go from tier 4 to what would have become tier 6 (the Lowland League).

But in truth, the aim is to either change the LL rules to allow B teams promotion or to have the Conference as the fifth level within a pyramid, with promotion and relegation.

My money's on the former, it'll be easier to con teams with that 'tweak', possibly as soon as this time next year.

Shameful machinations from a shameless Scottish football administration.

The Lowland League changing their rules to allow B teams promotion wouldn't actually achieve anything, since the SPFL rules currently do not allow B teams to take part.

6 minutes ago, Westhamich Albion said:

Braves voted no 

At last night’s general meeting clubs were asked to vote on the continued inclusion of three SPFL B teams for the 2023/2024 season.

After consultation with our fans, Caledonian Braves, along with four other member clubs, voted ‘No’ to this proposal.

The vote came on the back of a proposed conference league for season 2024/2025 that would be made up of B teams, SLFL and SHFL teams.

The conference league was presented by both the Scottish FA and the SPFL, not only as an adequate solution following a year long review of the pyramid but also as an opportunity to improve player development working the B teams.

Our view is that the conference league is neither a satisfactory outcome from the ‘Pyramid Review’ neither offers an obvious advantage to the development of players.

The conference league suits a small number of clubs within the wider Scottish footballing family and essentially relegates the rest of Scottish Football a tier. We cannot support the process nor the outcome and believe that only suitable conclusion to the review would have been automatic promotion for our Champion club.

It is regrettable that the ongoing discussion around B clubs continues to reflect negatively on our league.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The Lowland League changing their rules to allow B teams promotion wouldn't actually achieve anything, since the SPFL rules currently do not allow B teams to take part.

'Currently' the LL rules don't allow promotion for B sides, I'm guessing on what may happen in the future. 

What was 'current' 3 years ago isn't 'current' today.