Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

8 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I see. Of the LL board Who does Brown represent BTW, he seems a rat c**t but isn’t willing to show his colours publicly. 

He's with Gala Fairydean Rovers in some capacity. Although I believe he had only recently joined them, if I remember right he was with Civil Service Strollers previously.

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I see. Of the LL board Who does Brown represent BTW, he seems a rat c**t but isn’t willing to show his colours publicly. 

He's a respected journalist for the Sun newspaper I'll have you know!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/10402910/dog-died-overheated-drier-grooming-salon/

21 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

If that is the case, then how can they enforce relegation from league 2? 

Same way they got the Tay Bridge rule removed, hold the new LL rules hostage until they agree to change the play-off?

13 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

10-5 apparently (not sure why it's 15, maybe an abstention)

That’s horrific, getting to the point where the entire league should be liquidated and the 5 given lifeboats into the tier 6 leagues, the rest can die and not be remembered 

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Thanks parsforlife.

Leaving aside the LL B teams farce, i'm curious to see how this Conference would pan out.

Even a 16 team Conference might have problems finding 8 Highland League teams on merit.

The Scottish pyramid doesn't need an additional tier/conference, but the Celtic/Rangers issue isn't going to go away,

IMO, the solution is to extend SPFL League Two, from 10 to 18 clubs, with immediate effect,  by PROMOTING the top 4 Lowland & Highland league clubs, based on their position at the end of this season.  By introducing a 34 match format season, where the bottom League Two club next season (ie no need to relegate club 42 this season), would be automatically replaced by the HFL / SLL play-off winners. And YES Celtic B and Rangers B, would be promoted on merit (this season). Also, League Two clubs would only play each other ONCE per season.

The integrity of the pyramid would be retained, and Hearts B would not be promoted on merit, and it would be in the power of the Lowland & Highland Leagues,  to decide whether or not they would accept future SPFL B teams into membership.

I am however aware that the above 'solution' would be lost in the current (typical) Scottish football quagmire !!

17 hours ago, Robert James said:

The Scottish pyramid doesn't need an additional tier/conference, but the Celtic/Rangers issue isn't going to go away,

IMO, the solution is to extend SPFL League Two, from 10 to 18 clubs, with immediate effect,  by PROMOTING the top 4 Lowland & Highland league clubs, based on their position at the end of this season.  By introducing a 34 match format season, where the bottom League Two club next season (ie no need to relegate club 42 this season), would be automatically replaced by the HFL / SLL play-off winners. And YES Celtic B and Rangers B, would be promoted on merit (this season). Also, League Two clubs would only play each other ONCE per season.

The integrity of the pyramid would be retained, and Hearts B would not be promoted on merit, and it would be in the power of the Lowland & Highland Leagues,  to decide whether or not they would accept future SPFL B teams into membership.

I am however aware that the above 'solution' would be lost in the current (typical) Scottish football quagmire !!

Absolutely f**k that.    1.  There is nothing to suggest there’s money available for expansion to avoid a massive dilution of prize money if we expand the spfl.

2. the shitty B teams shouldnt be in first team football never mind pushing them into tier 4. 

Edited by parsforlife

47 minutes ago, Jordi1977 said:

That's really disappointing when you consider that last year it was 8-8

So 3 sides have had their heads turned...

Not surprising considering the clubs were essentially threatened with the prospect of this Conference League shite.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

He's with Gala Fairydean Rovers in some capacity. Although I believe he had only recently joined them, if I remember right he was with Civil Service Strollers previously.

Is there not two Thomas Browns - father and son. The father is chairman of CSS and the son is chairman of GFR?

32 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Not surprising considering the clubs were essentially threatened with the prospect of this Conference League shite.

Only because they are gormless enough to believe the threat would actually be carried out if their tinpot idea was voted down 16-0.

2 hours ago, patriot1 said:

The plan is for the Conference League to be run as a separate entity outwith the SPFL. That way the SFA can set it up without it going to a vote of the SPFL clubs.

On the face of it then blatant "Bringing the sport into disrepute". Is that not a valid reason to dispute the whole matter? Surely that's a valid complaint under the FIFA/EUFA statutes?

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

With alleged intimidating threats to Scottish clubs the SFA seems to be a situation where they have completely lost credibility with the majority, grass-roots, clubs. Licenced clubs at lower levels had their votes removed. Then the Highland/Lowland boundary deleted, now this nonsense.

This "Top Heavy" organisation has prevailed over a complete mess for decades (e.g. failure to qualify for World & European Nations Finals, a complete mockery over the pyramid structure, retention of Junior/Amateur/Welfare FA as apparently self serving organisations, etc etc). It would be understandable if the whole edifice came crumbling down.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Which statutes would those be? Separate entities run league structures all across Europe in various different ways, what would make this one uniquely unacceptable?

Honestly could not tell you which statutes! Have you never heard of charges of bring the sport into disrepute? Really?