Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

3 hours ago, Shannon said:

The SJFA for all their flaws and they were many wanting a Lowland League split into West and East with 16 teams and no B teams etc makes perfect sense instead of the shambles of a pyramid we have now. West and East leagues all have at least 3 up and 3 down while Lowland League continue with the farce of between 0-2 clubs relegated depending on various permutations. Straight forward 3 up and 3 down should be the model with West and East split as Lowland covers a much more populous area than Highland League. Of course that won't happen due to daft Scottish football politics.

You could argue in hindsight that if sjfa had led the way in pyramid integration way back in 2012 and could have been running everything tier 5 and down we wouldn't have had b teams in.

I still think only way to get more promotion and relegation from Lowland league is a Lowland league 2. 

Everyone keeps saying 2 promotional spaces  but their is 3 leagues below and noone has said how they make 3 go into 2

4 minutes ago, searchers1963 said:

Everyone keeps saying 2 promotional spaces  but their is 3 leagues below and noone has said how they make 3 go into 2

Existing LL playoff model and rules. 3 way playoff ranks 1-3 already. Top 2 promoted. If its considered good enough for 3 to 1. Why wouldn't it be for 3 to 2.

42 minutes ago, An Arab In Qatar said:

It’s great to see fantastic young talent such as McCausland now brought into the Rangers first team that will surely benefit the Scottish national team in the future 😉. Proof that the B Team model clearly works!

Surely nobody swallowed the "benefits the Scottish national team" line ??!! 

Both old firm teams have minimum interest in the Scottish national team......every decision and manoeuvre they make is based on their self interest.

7 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Is that actually a thing after you got pumped out the Scottish Cup at Central Park and took a hissy fit? 🤣What a bunch of sad sacks.

It’s good to know though ahead of our visit to your place on 6 January. While I’ll be disappointed not to support my team and see a new ground, won’t go where not welcome and my family of 3 paying customers will find another match to go to closer to home. 👍

Away and crawl back under your board.

An absolute diddy club after that vote last night. You should all be in hiding for the next 3 years.

14 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Is it definite that Broomhill are the other good guys? Not seeing anything on their social media about their stance.

Think it's already been confirmed elsewhere but I've been very reliably informed that Broomhill 100% voted against B teams.

15 hours ago, Jordi1977 said:

Is it definite that Broomhill are the other good guys? Not seeing anything on their social media about their stance.

Classing Broomhill as ‘good guys’ is a bit of a stretch, but then football fans have short memories. The ‘less bad guys’ is probably more apt. 

19 minutes ago, To B or not B said:

They now need to push for a vote on increased promotion and relegation, it’s the only way to fight back.

There’s no way that’s passing a majority vote.

I think there would be 3 votes for (Rose, Bo’ness and Tranent) and the rest against. I’d love to see the ex league clubs vote for it but they have previous when in the leagues for voting against that.

Its going to be a waiting game for a few years until more come up. Best chance would be 2 down but I can’t see it.

I almost understand why some of the original LL clubs would vote against it as it’s only a matter of time before they are replaced by mainly the larger West clubs.

Thereafter anyone could go down. Look forward to that in a decade.

3 hours ago, Moonball said:

Think it's already been confirmed elsewhere but I've been very reliably informed that Broomhill 100% voted against B teams.

Are you the chap who formerly had our Jamie as an avatar ?

In which case, you must be a decent sort. Don't get taken in by anything that those charlatans (or Cowdenb*****ds) tell you.

They are not to be trusted.

4 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

There’s no way that’s passing a majority vote.

I think there would be 3 votes for (Rose, Bo’ness and Tranent) and the rest against. I’d love to see the ex league clubs vote for it but they have previous when in the leagues for voting against that.

The last vote in spring 2022 went 9-7. 

Bit of turnover since then: Bonnyrigg, Spartans, VoL, Dalbeattie out. Linlithgow, Albion Rovers, Tranent, Cowdenbeath in. 

It'd still struggle to get a majority but it'd be more than 3 for it. 

9 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Classing Broomhill as ‘good guys’ is a bit of a stretch, but then football fans have short memories. The ‘less bad guys’ is probably more apt. 

That's fair comment... they have traditionally voted "poorly"... last season they had a different regime in charge, so maybe now that circus is over, the guys in charge have rethought their place... thought no need for any circuses.  So this vote could be the beginning of their redemption arc!

But definitely worth congratulating them on eventually getting to a right choice. Positive reinforcement and all that!

5 hours ago, parsforlife said:

No rats justified themselves yet? No thought not, disgusting c***s every single one and they can’t come up with a statement between them about how they thought their soul was worth as little as 4k

This is the bit that annoys me so much. No press release, no justification, no pointing out something we can't see.... just a secret vote, silence and never speak about it.

Just now, lithgierose said:

And changes at the top ?

Now that the vote is over and the Diddy yes clubs see folk talking about boycotting . Could the ntbt's clubs not call an EGM some time in the foreseeable.  For a vote of no confidence in the LL board ? The lkes of cowdenfindly and others might think again when threatened?