Celtic and Hearts B Teams in Lowland League?

falski

Just now, Cowden Cowboy said:

I would assume in terms of setting up a standalone company owned by the SPFL where clubs in membership are not SPFL members

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that it is possible to set up such a company, it's the ability to turn it into a league at Tier 5 which is the issue.

What we are seeing consistently here is that clubs and indeed the LL board seem to just be taking Maxwell and others at face value and just assuming that everything they say is true without questioning it. This seems to be the same approach Cowdenbeath fans are taking to their own board too. The SFA may well think this is the case, but they and/or the SPFL have been challenged before on similar issues around the play-off during covid.

18 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Re Club vote, remember that SPFL Clubs were never granted a vote on the play off rules when it was introduced so they won’t get one now.

Yes, but Highland and Lowland leagues were due to how their organisations were run.

The Lowland League was asked twice to remove the boundary. Each time voted against and there was nothing the SPFL, SFA, or HL could do about it until the Lowland were dumb enough to introduce the B teams.

29 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Re Club vote, remember that SPFL Clubs were never granted a vote on the play off rules when it was introduced so they won’t get one now.

Who decided that? Did the leagues get a vote at least? 

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

It will be SPFL rules and structure but it’s to be a separate company administered by the SPFL and this allows them to bypass the voting system. I believe the SPFL Women’s Premier League is a limited company and is being used as the template.

Hugely frustrating but Maxwell, Doncaster and B Teams have had all season to dream this up, (with lawyers no doubt) and then only presented the options to LL at the last minute. 

The playoff into the spfl? That was voted on and agreed too when the spfl was formed.

On 27/04/2023 at 20:57, parsforlife said:

The playoff into the spfl? That was voted on and agreed too when the spfl was formed.

Yes but you will see my comment was specifically re the rules which were never voted on so interestingly in hindsight, the rules state a Champion Club nominated by the Lowland League rather than the Champion Club of the Lowland League !

On 24/04/2023 at 18:02, welshbairn said:

You didn't share it last time either. The leaked stuff about the SFA proposal said that the beauty of the conference option was that the SPFL wouldn't get a vote, now the claim seems to be the opposite, that they'd back it. 

Pretty sure he never shared what his minimum inducement level was for Cowden to vote in favour of colt teams in League Two, back when they had a say in the matter and he was adopting a "wait and see" approach.

I'm guessing it was a humiliatingly low threshold, and Celtgers refused to meet even that.

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Pretty sure he never shared what his minimum inducement level was for Cowden to vote in favour of colt teams in League Two, back when they had a say in the matter and he was adopting a "wait and see" approach.

I'm guessing it was a humiliatingly low threshold, and Celtgers refused to meet even that.

As ever your guesses and alleged facts are miles off the mark 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

And it's yet another example of a Cowdenbeath fan coming up with alternatives (either alternative systems or alternative arguments) where B teams are still wanted/needed/to be celebrated. And they wonder why folk think thy are in favour of them?

Carry on crying 😭 

9 minutes ago, Cowdenleith said:

Carry on crying 😭 

The more we hear from the coo fans; can't help thinking this conference crap us going to be an invitation only league. Then going forward ground criteria will be used to keep undesirables out.

3 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

As ever your guesses and alleged facts are miles off the mark 

How about you were told the Conference was going to happen sooner or later however you voted on B-teams, and all that would happen by voting no would be getting dropped down the invite list, and end up in tier 6 battling the marauding hoards of the ex-juniors coming up to replace the chosen few in the Conference? I doubt £7,500 would have been enough coin to make Cowdenbeath reverse their position on B-teams. 

On 26/04/2023 at 22:41, Black Pennel said:

Just to be pedantic...Donkeys, mate....Donkeys would learn quicker.

Dogs probably widnae give a toss if ye dangled a carrot above them.

Just to be even more pedantic, dogs love eating carrots. Maybe even more so than donkeys.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

And it's yet another example of a Cowdenbeath fan coming up with alternatives (either alternative systems or alternative arguments) where B teams are still wanted/needed/to be celebrated. And they wonder why folk think thy are in favour of them?

I'd be more than happy to see them kicked out and never go anywhere near a league in any tier to balance it out.

Edited by UsedToGoToCentralPark

34 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

The more we hear from the coo fans; can't help thinking this conference crap us going to be an invitation only league. Then going forward ground criteria will be used to keep undesirables out.

That was/is my suspicion. Some teams will be invited. Also, like others have said, I doubt many of the Highland League teams would be keen to join. I get the impression that only Brechin and Banks O' Dee would be keen.

1 hour ago, PELE said:

That was/is my suspicion. Some teams will be invited. Also, like others have said, I doubt many of the Highland League teams would be keen to join. I get the impression that only Brechin and Banks O' Dee would be keen.

Banks O'Dee were very reluctant to join the HL, far less a tin pot Conference full of B teams.

Banks o 'Dee have historical grudges against the Highland League, but I doubt they'd volunteer for coach trips down to Gala Fairydean Rovers or whoever Thomas and Ian choose for the select few.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, PELE said:

Just to be even more pedantic, dogs love eating carrots. Maybe even more so than donkeys.

Aye, I know...mine loves them too but he would just glare at me if I dangled a carrot oan a stick in front of him.

I was just being daft.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that dogs prefer eating donkeys rather than carrots.

I fear we may be straying off-topic a wee bit.