Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

24 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

I think unfortunately, the level of taking the piss has got to such a point that folk are not surprised and are just putting up with it.

We are now almost at Trump levels where this government could fo anything and its supporters would still put up with it.

I do wonder though if there is going to be some otherwise minor misdemeanour from BoJo that will rile folk up so much that it pushes even them over the edge. 

3 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

I think unfortunately, the level of taking the piss has got to such a point that folk are not surprised and are just putting up with it.

We are now almost at Trump levels where this government could fo anything and its supporters would still put up with it.

I do wonder though if there is going to be some otherwise minor misdemeanour from BoJo that will rile folk up so much that it pushes even them over the edge. 

Nothings going to happen until the right of the party think they can use it to replace Johnson with one of their own.

On 06/01/2022 at 16:08, welshbairn said:

Unbelievably dodgy - why is this not all over the Scottish News? (rhetorical question)

So this company fullfiled a couple of PPE orders and made a profit of £40m - orders only placed after apparent lobbying through the fast lane by Mone herself.  I absolutely detest that woman, she represents all that is wrong with Scottish tories.

14 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Unbelievably dodgy - why is this not all over the Scottish News? (rhetorical question)

So this company fullfiled a couple of PPE orders and made a profit of £40m - orders only placed after apparent lobbying through the fast lane by Mone herself.  I absolutely detest that woman, she represents all that is wrong with Scottish tories.

Mone doesn't have a political bone in her body, she is nothing more than a self-aggrandising  social climber.  The sharpest thing about her is her elbows.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

28 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/07/michelle-mone-referred-company-for-ppe-contracts-five-days-before-it-was-incorporated

Mone must have an excellent business brain, recommending a company before it is even incorporated. 

Is that even legal ?

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

From the Guardian,

Back in the Commons Gove says that, until he took this job, he was not aware of how some developers “play fast and loose with the rules”, for example by setting up special purpose vehicle shell companies to “evade their responsibilities”. He says they represent “the unacceptable face of capitalism”.

How many Tory MPs and donors use offshore companies and the like to evade their responsibilities like tax? Or has all that sort of stuff slipped his mind.

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Does she always write like that? I couldn't make it to the end. 

I think she was saying the government is corrupt but it was difficult to tell. 

Yea she's a horrific writer who caters to horny libs. Her mentions on Twitter are even worse.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

A leaked email? 

wonder who did that?

Reveal hidden contents

4CDD4D46-2322-45B2-B762-DA36E24F97CB.jpeg.b077c77bb135e85bad161661cb95fa34.jpeg

On the same day... This is the first of these Downing St party exposés that could stick.

Edited by welshbairn

Nothing will come of this. Not because it is in any way excusable, but because those who could do something about it are either implicated themselves or just don't care.

If it was a piss up at downing Street on the same day that Prince Phillip got buried, then it would maybe cut through with those who could do something about it, but until then.....