Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

With all that's going on you may have missed Penny Mordaunt chucking Johnson/Rishi under the bus at the COVID enquiry telling them that there WhatsApp messages "disappeared" from her phone

Usually Johnson does his vanishing act when the lady informs him that she's up the duff. 

46 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

That's some amount of money the Tories are putting into these "Network North" projects, I wonder what they're spending it on...

20231220_133039.thumb.jpg.cf31a2cb35a5a0d00439905eae8e1b52.jpg

Oh, it's London. Shocker.

£8bn of this new improved capital spending (£36bn in total, £20bn for the "north") is for repairs to road surfaces, which is kind of expected and surely would have to have been found alongside HS2? I'm sure someone who understands public transport funding would have a similar complaint about half of the stuff on here. 

That said, there were plenty complaints from all quarters that HS2 was a vanity project and lots of smaller projects would have more impact. They were generally advocating rail projects though. 

4 hours ago, ClydeTon said:

That's some amount of money the Tories are putting into these "Network North" projects, I wonder what they're spending it on...

20231220_133039.thumb.jpg.cf31a2cb35a5a0d00439905eae8e1b52.jpg

Oh, it's London. Shocker.

I'm sure there are private companies with Tory owners springing up to take advantage of more public contracts. Wouldn't be surprised if Mone & Barrowman had a second bite.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

I bet disabled people are delighted to be called scroungers...................

I actually look after a couple of those ‘scroungers’ in my work with autistic adults. 
These guys I support wouldn’t be capable of working and need a lot of care and support to try and live as normal a life as possible. I can also assure you that they are very much loved by their families and those who work with them. 

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This Gullis character seems to have been doing a lot attention seeking recently. He was the guy telling Lineker to stick to his own lane last week. One of the many useless Red Wall MPs trying to line up a GB News gig.

He may be wasting his time there -GB News already has more presenters than viewers. 

3 hours ago, RH33 said:

Tory encouraged rohypnol use.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-67813689

The defence of this is quite remarkable... From the Independent...

"A spokesperson for the home secretary said: “In what was always understood as a private conversation, James, the home secretary, tackling spiking made what was clearly meant to be an ironic joke – for which he apologises.”"

A bit like Trump's "locker room" description of grabbing parts of female anatomy.  You can tell what someone is really like by hearing what they say when they think nobody is listening.

On 21/12/2023 at 03:19, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This Gullis character seems to have been doing a lot attention seeking recently. He was the guy telling Lineker to stick to his own lane last week. One of the many useless Red Wall MPs trying to line up a GB News gig.

Slight problem here, he HAS been adjudged guilty. The Colorado District Court’s finding of guilty of insurrection was appealed by Trump’s team, and the finding of not being banned was appealed by the voters. The Colorado Supreme Court confirmed Trump’s guilt and overruled the not banned ruling. Thus Trump has been found guilty of insurrection, and while appeals may continue, it is reasonably common practice under English Common Law for sentences to begin during an appeal. “Natural Justice” doesn’t even contemplate appeal, it simply deals with a fair trial, something the Trump team hasn’t even argued did not occur.