Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Recently, Waddington attended a dinner for about 250 Conservative party members in his local area. “I looked around the room and thought: ‘I might be the only person in this room still alive in 20 years’,” he says. “So in that eventuality, where will the money come from, the outreach, the campaigning?” He thinks that this ageing membership affects policy decisions, too.

Young Conservative Max Waddington, 23.

Looks like he's planning on killing them.

"You get more conservative as you age" was a comforting lie which specific generations told themselves. It certainly wasn't the case post-WW2 and it isn't the case again now (from millennials down). You get more conservative as you own more. Post-WW2 nobody owned anything and again today, from millennials down, nobody owns anything.

The Tory party will die with their voters in the coming decades unless they change their economics.

Edited by Freedom Farter

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Posted here to directly align with the hypocrisy in the title. Now I know many politicians and particularly Tory politicians are self-serving, duplicitous and dishonest individuals lacking in any self awareness and prone to complete revisionism in regard to their actions and the actions of their party. Boris Johnson of course took this to a new level and completely raised (or lowered) the bar and in line with that, I truly hope (akin to Blair post Iraq war and post-office positioning himself (and bizarrely being appointed) as a Middle East envoy), this is Johnson setting himself up as an anti-corruption/sleaze Tsar: 

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 08.07.30.png

3 hours ago, Pocketman said:

Posted here to directly align with the hypocrisy in the title. Now I know many politicians and particularly Tory politicians are self-serving, duplicitous and dishonest individuals lacking in any self awareness and prone to complete revisionism in regard to their actions and the actions of their party. Boris Johnson of course took this to a new level and completely raised (or lowered) the bar and in line with that, I truly hope (akin to Blair post Iraq war and post-office positioning himself (and bizarrely being appointed) as a Middle East envoy), this is Johnson setting himself up as an anti-corruption/sleaze Tsar: 

Screenshot 2024-08-31 at 08.07.30.png

Is this a wind up? Johnson being anti-corruption/sleaze?!

Absolutely no one believes this.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Is this a wind up? Johnson being anti-corruption/sleaze?!

Absolutely no one believes this.

It's the Daily Heil. Accuse your enemies of your worst sins; straight out of the fascist playbook.

2 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I know I shouldn't but I did have a wee chuckle and doff at "Starmer Chameleon"

He nicked it from somewhere else, unsurprisingly.

7 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Viz?

image.png

The nickname seems to have been around almost as long as he's been Labour leader, but I'm more than happy to give Viz credit for most things  :P

15 minutes ago, btb said:

It's not who you know, it's who you blow....

The rumour at the time of her peerage was that it was her mother who'd been busy in that area, thirty years prior.

Probably not, considering he doesn't give much of a shit about the rest of his kids.

5 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Screenshot2024-09-072_52_27PM.thumb.png.0912a9ef80611335f7c632d711ddc879.png

Tories came fifth for 18-29 year olds. Behind Labour, Lib Dems, Greens and Reform. They barely did any better among millennials which takes us right up to age 39 in the above categories. 

The Tories now only have their older, legacy voters.

The REFUK percentage among the young is a bit of a relief. There's been a bit of implication that, while conservatism is as unpopular with the young as ever, fascism has been getting a bit of a boost.

Then again, that's just 9% of those who could be bothered to vote.

On 08/09/2024 at 00:40, tamthebam said:

I note that the Taxpayers' Alliance has resurfaced like an unflushable turd. 

They kept awffy quiet when tax money was being spraffed on Rwanda and Liz Truss's clusterf**k 

That's the good type of high taxation, though.