Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Somehow Ben Houchen won in Tees Valley. Quite a few people seem to enjoy having an actual con man as their mayor. They're crazy down there.

Pretty much what I came here to say.

6 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I prefer to think that he did it on purpose so that people would talk about him. And look, we are. 

But it won’t change anything.  Most of us will still be calling him a useless fuckwit whilst the less well informed will definitely chuckle and say “Typical of good old BoJo”.

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Somehow Ben Houchen won in Tees Valley. Quite a few people seem to enjoy having an actual con man as their mayor. They're crazy down there.

Knew nothing about this guy but just read the piece in the FT about the land deal.  Not sure how such open corruption can go uninvestigated.

54 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Get pumped at the local elections in England banning gender neutral toilets is the answer 

Don't forget withdrawal from the European Convention on Human Rights in order to persecute...well, whoever they felt like.

Wee reminder of what the fascists would like control over. How many can you spot that directly prohibit Conservative policies or their publicly-aired views about the future of BRITTAN? More than I thought TBH.

• Obligation to respect human rights
  • Right to life
  • Prohibition of torture
  • Prohibition of slavery and forced labour
  • Right to liberty and security
  • Right to a fair trial
  • No punishment without law
  • Right to respect for private and family life
  • Freedom of thought, conscience and religion
  • Freedom of expression
  • Freedom of assembly and association
  • Right to marry
  • Right to an effective remedy If your rights are violated
  • Prohibition of discrimination
  • Derogation in time of emergency In time of war or other public emergency
  • Restrictions on political activity of aliens
  • Prohibition of abuse of rights
  • Limitation on use of restrictions of rights
  • Protection of property
  • Right to education
  • Right to free elections
  • Freedom of movement
  • Abolition of the death penalty
  • Right of appeal in criminal matters
  • Compensation for wrongful conviction
  • General prohibition of discrimination

Lose massively in local elections to political parties that are by and large perceived as more progressive and argue that the response should be to become more right-wing.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Lose massively in local elections to political parties that are by and large perceived as more progressive and argue that the response should be to become more right-wing.

All parties heading for defeat start looking inwards, adopting policies that are most appealing to their own members and activists and giving themselves a sense of purity - "This is who we really are". 

That continues until they realise that it doesn't win elections and then they change tack.

4 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

All parties heading for defeat start looking inwards, adopting policies that are most appealing to their own members and activists and giving themselves a sense of purity - "This is who we really are". 

That continues until they realise that it doesn't win elections and then they change tack get hung.

gettyimages-558663977-612x612.jpg.28c8c187abd41d00da760202a18d94de.jpg

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Get pumped at the local elections in England banning gender neutral toilets is the answer 

If I was a female, my only objection to gender neutral toilets would be that too many males are manky b*****ds who leave pee all over toilet seats.

11 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

If I was a female, my only objection to gender neutral toilets would be that too many males are manky b*****ds who leave pee all over toilet seats.

Well, women shouldn't leave them down.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Given the average voter turnout percentage in the english council elections of 35% I would think that it is difficult to determine which votes are progressive or just protest.

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Given the average voter turnout percentage in the english council elections of 35% I would think that it is difficult to determine which votes are progressive or just protest.

^^^ Suella’s pal.

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

IMG_5581.jpeg.3281014f874a6c1e4aa6362d888e8a2d.jpeg

I see the Tories are going openly ‘bring back section 28’ 

You do have to wonder what goes through the heads of Tories who are part of a minority, considering they'll be well aware that, the better the party does, the closer it gets to the day that they become the scapegoat.

20 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Maybe we should just use folks with learning difficulties as public toilets? 

There are many Tory MPs that don't understand money as they have so much they don't even think about it. I'd be happy to stop paying them.

"The disabled should be paid less than normies because they aren't worth as much as us" has been aired by Tory MPs before.

Every now and then they forget which audience they're addressing and the mask slips; this is what the ECHR is stopping them from implementing, and they absolutely cannot wait to discriminate.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/may/07/toxic-tories-doomed-as-sunak-hunkers-down-and-labour-sticks-the-boot-in

"There was some good news. Ish. Sunak had risen from his bed to explain the latest government fuckup. The news that the payroll company contracted to the Ministry of Defence had had its systems hacked. Yet another cost saving gone wrong. Next time someone might remember to renew the licence on the Norton anti-virus. Let that sink in: the MoD can’t even defend its own personnel. Yet we trust it to defend the country."