Tory Lies, Corruption and Hypocrisy- Add Them Here

HTG

1 hour ago, Paco said:

The Financial Times seem to think Sajid Javid’s previous non-dom status was based on a lie at best, outright illegal at worst. I did think being able to claim it because your Dad was from abroad was outright weird. Javid and his team refusing to comment.

Unfortunately probably exactly the kind of thing that’ll just get forgotten about, in amongst the mountain of shite. But also exactly the kind of thing that should kill a political career.

One of the problems with domicile is that, unless you've actually booked a burial plot, it's difficult to disprove someone's stated intentions. 

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Outwitted by Charlie Stayt 

Is not a phrase i thought i'd ever need

I haven't seen his BBC performance (and work PC blocks it), but he struck me on Sky this morning as, er, not the brightest sacrificial lamb to have been thrown onto the daily media round.

4 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I haven't seen his BBC performance (and work PC blocks it), but he struck me on Sky this morning as, er, not the brightest sacrificial lamb to have been thrown onto the daily media round.

Looked up his bio. 

33 yo. No experience outside politics. Rabid brexiteer who spoke at UKIP conference. Anti wind, pro fracking climate change sceptic. 

It doesn't actually say "thick dupe and massive VL" , but you can tell. 

32 minutes ago, Snafu said:

BTW Fabricant is a seriously cracking name for a satirical Tory MP.

It couldn't be made up.

It's a distracted, so you don't actually listen what's coming out his mouth.

If 15% of Tory MPs can't bring themselves to send in letters to force a leadership contest then that says it all about them.

What mystifies me is why Johnson is still seen as an electoral asset, unless it's a 5D chess strategy to dump him after a poor set of election results in May saying "you gave your verdict and we listened to you" however I think this is giving them too much credit. Much more likely is that they're more interested where their next bung is coming from.

44 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

A report by the International Refugee Rights Initiative two years earlier interviewed a number of individuals who said they had been deported from Israel to Rwanda.

Testimonies collected by IRRI suggested “that the majority, if not all, are being smuggled out of the country by land to Kampala [in Uganda] within days of arriving in [the Rwandan capital] Kigali.

“They are not given an opportunity to apply for asylum, and even if they wish to stay in Rwanda, their refugee claims cannot be assessed as the national refugee status determination committee has not yet been established.

“These transfers appear to be coordinated by the people who receive the asylum seekers at Kigali airport. From Kampala, the majority travel north to South Sudan, Sudan and Libya, with many ultimately risking crossing the Mediterranean or falling into the hands of the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (IS) in the hope of finding safety in Europe.”

Some of those interviewed by IRRI described being given only a holiday visa on arrival in Rwanda and being sent to a hotel from where they were encouraged to travel to Uganda illegally.

Among the very few deported from Israel voluntarily who did opt to stay was a 28-year-old Eritrean man named Goitom, who spoke to Haaretz newspaper in Kigali in 2018. He had not been allowed to work and was living on the streets.

“Things are so bad. I am living very badly. I have no home, there is no work,” he told the paper. “Before, there were a few people who helped me. The United Nations also helped – they gave me money for lodging and food. But they stopped.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jan/17/rwanda-uk-asylum-seekers-deportees-israel-scheme

3 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

Hard to believe, that. The government of Israel has always come across as deeply concerned with the welfare of their fellow man.

Why's Rwanda always at the centre of these schemes, by the way? Are their ambassadors actively advertising their concentration camp facilities or something?

Mind when the Tories all did that weird stance? I think it was supposed to be some sort of power stance, but it just made them look incredibly uncomfortable in their human skins, like they were still getting used to them having only recently acquired them.

No relevance to the current discussion, but it just popped in to my head for some reason.

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Mind when the Tories all did that weird stance? I think it was supposed to be some sort of power stance, but it just made them look incredibly uncomfortable in their human skins, like they were still getting used to them having only recently acquired them.

No relevance to the current discussion, but it just popped in to my head for some reason.

947962B2-E508-439E-B1B2-3F7F94D0325B.jpeg

1961CB61-E41D-4AEF-9950-E6481D01F81B.jpeg

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They'd had some kind of cunty group training for management c***s, who know they're out of their depth but want someone to help them look the part. They all failed miserably; Osbourne looks like the pish is coming and there's no stopping it, while Javid is trying to shake a toley out of his trouser leg.

Good to see Norman Tebbit getting in on the action at the end, though.

4w0xdgb2ku851.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

15 minutes ago, Antlion said:

947962B2-E508-439E-B1B2-3F7F94D0325B.jpeg

1961CB61-E41D-4AEF-9950-E6481D01F81B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, BFTD said:

They'd had some kind of cunty group training for management c***s, who know they're out of their depth but want someone to help them look the part. They all failed miserably; Osbourne looks like the pish is coming and there's no stopping it, while Javid is trying to shake a toley out of his trouser leg.

Good to see Norman Tebbit getting in on the action at the end, though.

4w0xdgb2ku851.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Fucking mutants!