Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

We should just disown Dumfries and Galloway. 

Hey Bennett, that's enough.

It is bloody embarrassing though.  It's incomprehensible.  This part of the world has very low average wages and yet we return Tories to both parliaments.

There's a forelock tugging sentiment that still seems to have a hold.  We also have too many Rangers fans.

I'm really struggling to understand how Labour supporters can bring themselves to vote Tory.

5 minutes ago, Qos91 said:

Embarassing from us in Galloway again this year. The division is clear though. Most towns and villages with plenty of SNP posters. Nearly ever second field with Tory banners. Fermer b*****ds.

The farmers weren't voting for the fucking Labour Party before. The issue is in the towns. 

Turns out the polling was pretty good. SNP right where the later polls had them, same for the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems very slightly ahead.

(Scottish constituency polls always overestimate the Green vote because many people put them down even though they don't have a candidate.)

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You do realise that Glasgow is nearer the border than Stranraer, yeah?

Unless we're taking TFS with us - it's a No from me - then Stranraer quite clearly is closer to the border. 

Still, good to see the goalposts shifted and Dumfries etc. being conceded as part of the Borders all along. 

10 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

You just know that when these c***s quickly slipped their voting slips in the ballot box, refusing to make eye contact with the polling staff and then slinking away at pace with slumped shoulders.

They must turn to each other and nod in agreement that this boy is a Labour man who just voted Conservative. 

Oh, the shame. 

it's very apt that I read this post at the same time as my local MSP was announced. As an SNP voter in Glasgow Shettleston  I know how these people feel.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

Unless we're taking TFS with us - it's a No from me - then Stranraer quite clearly is closer to the border. 

Still, good to see the goalposts shifted and Dumfries etc. being conceded as part of the Borders all along. 

No parts of your post make sense.

Guest Jedi

Its all going to come down to Aberdeen West isnt it....SNP must now be heading for either 62 or 63 constituencies.....'if' 63 can surely get 2 list seats from somewhere.