Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, BFTD said:

Staggering that some folk still haven't connected Stuart Campbell's desire for more Scottish independence parties with the SNP distancing themselves from Stuart Campbell.

That’s not surprising, there’s folk on here that seem to be struggling with Salmond’s new party being connected to his massive ego and desire for revenge.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

That’s not surprising, there’s folk on here that seem to be struggling with Salmond’s new party being connected to his massive ego and desire for revenge.

I am, to a degree, although it's becoming harder to deny. It's difficult to accept that people you respected have entirely different motives to the ones they presented with, but that's no excuse for tying yourself in knots to defend them.

One positive thing about Salmond's public self-pwning is that maybe - maybe - some people will stop believing that the independence movement is in thrall of a Svengali figure, and that it'll all just go away if they can be removed.

46 minutes ago, BFTD said:

As with all the QAnon lads, it's not your reading habits, but your judgement.

Always entertaining, though, so keep up the good work. Just don't storm Holyrood when the Bath Party demands it.

You obviously know more about Qanon than myself and I'm quite happy with my judgement. 

Why would I storm Holyrood, I've already stated that I think Independence is a dead duck, Nicola seems to agree, she'll be delighted if Eck gets an even 3 or 4% across the country. 

27 minutes ago, picklish said:

Not only that, but the point you made, Wings was talking about a new indy party for some time, it's not exactly a controversial statement that you made. He's pally with Salmond, it's hardly a big leap to suggest one influenced the other.

It's like the RT thing. Obviously it's Russian state propaganda, even most of the time, especially when talking about geopolitics. But to say that nothing that is ever written on it is admissible as reasonable then you end up just relying on The BBC, The Guardian, The Herald, The Daily Record, some blogger you end up missing information for thinking that the medium alone is the message

Spot on. 

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I am, to a degree, although it's becoming harder to deny. It's difficult to accept that people you respected have entirely different motives to the ones they presented with, but that's no excuse for tying yourself in knots to defend them.

One positive thing about Salmond's public self-pwning is that maybe - maybe - some people will stop believing that the independence movement is in thrall of a Svengali figure, and that it'll all just go away if they can be removed.

I just realised your bee avatar moves 🤣

Edited by Loki
WASP, I MEANT WASP

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You obviously know more about Qanon than myself and I'm quite happy with my judgement. 

Why would I storm Holyrood, I've already stated that I think Independence is a dead duck, Nicola seems to agree, she'll be delighted if Eck gets an even 3 or 4% across the country.

I read from all sides, you'll not learn much just reading everything you want to hear.

Unrelated, obviously, but it'll be most amusing to see the sight of some independence supporters being annoyed if the SNP actually manage to pull off another referendum in the next parliament. I guess they'll contrive to lose it again because...something about gravy trains?

8 minutes ago, Loki said:

I just realised your bee avatar moves 🤣

As ever, credit to the Hibs laddie who used to make all the GIFs  :P

Edit: it's actually fucking hornet, would you believe. Minter.

Edited by BFTD

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I read from all sides, you'll not learn much just reading everything you want to hear.

Unrelated, obviously, but it'll be most amusing to see the sight of some independence supporters being annoyed if the SNP actually manage to pull off another referendum in the next parliament. I guess they'll contrive to lose it again because...something about gravy trains?

Folk with my opinion can't lose, if we're right, not getting a referendum will be no real letdown, if we get one we'll take it. 

I'm not holding my breath, honestly can't ever remember being in a position where I don't fancy voting for anyone. 

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Folk with my opinion can't lose, if we're right, not getting a referendum will be no real letdown, if we get one we'll take it. 

I'm not holding my breath, honestly can't ever remember being in a position where I don't fancy voting for anyone. 

Aye, I had a feeling that was an underlying part of the anti-SNP movement, but you don't like to assume.

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Aye, I had a feeling that was an underlying part of the anti-SNP movement, but you don't like to assume.

I'm not in any movement, my opinions are drawn from what's happened in the last 5 years, my all about the power actually came from her inaction just over a year ago. 

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

As with all the QAnon lads, it's not your reading habits, but your judgement.

Always entertaining, though, so keep up the good work. Just don't storm Holyrood when the Bath Party demands it.

Ah, the Bathists.

I presume others have already made that joke.

46 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm not in any movement, my opinions are drawn from what's happened in the last 5 years, my all about the power actually came from her inaction just over a year ago. 

Ah, the I've-come-to-these-unique-conclusions-through-my-own-independent-research movement.

26 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Ah, the Bathists.

I presume others have already made that joke.

I came to that unique name through my own independent research.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Ah, the I've-come-to-these-unique-conclusions-through-my-own-independent-research movement.

Certainly not read or heard anyone espousing similar to my thoughts on where my 'it's all the power' point comes from. 

7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Certainly not read or heard anyone espousing similar to my thoughts on where my 'it's all the power' point comes from. 

This is usually the point where people start to question their own judgement.

Please don't, though.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

I thought it was part of a wasp, you being an Alloa fan.

We nicked the logo from some American high school girls netball team or something. It's actually a hornet. I'm not kidding, I think it did come from an American high school team of some sort, and I think it was plagiarised.

Amazed we've stuck with it so long TBH. I keep expecting some minor scandal story in one of the sports pages.

44 minutes ago, BFTD said:

This is usually the point where people start to question their own judgement.

Please don't, though.

I'm quite happy with my judgement. 

Obviously Salmond and these Alba nutters and going to be electorally fucked into the nearest bin, however there would be tremendous hilarity if the sham party that Sleepy Cuddles put together as a vehicle solely for him to slither back into Holyrood returned one of their other candidates instead. 

4 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I'm quite happy with my judgement. 

It's funny how you keep saying that as though you think people with poor judgement realise, but stick with their decisions anyway  :lol:

I bet Hitler thought he was bang on about...well, everything.

(#godwin)