Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, tirso said:

Having just read the Spence article even more bemused by the bed wetting on here. 

I'm definitely an SNP /green /alba swing voter.  I must be a green Franco.

is there a link, wouldnt mind reading it see what all the fuss is

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

No you’re right.  Probably more likely to be ‘glorious victory’.

Doubt it, her ego couldn't take a loss. 

12 hours ago, tirso said:

There's obviously no neat box for everyone but I don't think spence is right wing.  I don't have twitter but there seem to be a new idea if there's diagreement, youre smeared as right wing.  Having a concern with how some issues are debated doesn't make people of the right. Also I didn't vote to leave but there was a left wing view on leaving the EU.  I know green members that voted leave in the spirit of Tony Benn etc.  

12 hours ago, tirso said:

Remember when we used to be taught 80 % of communication was non-verbal (non literal).  Now folk condemn others they've never met or spoken to as right wing monsters/snowflakes based on their own interpretation of mini quotes.  Absolute roasters the lot of them. 

Ps. Bet most folk are actually ok lol.

I didn't bother going on about it at the time, but enough time has passed now I guess. Last summer I called out Spence on Twitter for some anti-trans stuff he tweeted. He then DMd and asked me for my phone number and when I didn't give him it he proceeded to phone a couple of my friends who are journalists to try to get a hold of it. At one point he ranted and raved down the line at one of them for 10 minutes because they didn't want to give my phone number to a total stranger. I DMd him back saying I'd be happy to discuss anything with him over written communication, but he didn't want that, he just wanted to try to shout down the phone. He then proceeded to make a bunch of thinly veiled threats on Twitter for about the next three weeks.

So this is the evidence I have for the type of person he is.

10 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

He hasn't been rector for a while now. He 'stood down' a few months ago, with the rumours being that many of the student societies have indeed picked up on his shite and pressure was applied, with the understanding that he'd f**k off quietly or he he'd be made to noisily.

Certainly must have been quietly, that's great to hear. 

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Even if urgency leads to defeat? Isn't it better to wait a little and have a better chance of success? 

How long do you wait? 

There will never be a good time for independence. We’ll either be doing okay so “don’t rock the boat, most successful Union ever” or not doing okay - Banking crash/Brexit/COVID-19 - in which case “pooling and sharing resources, strength of the Union, I’m a natural shitebag who now has a good excuse”.

16 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I didn't bother going on about it at the time, but enough time has passed now I guess. Last summer I called out Spence on Twitter for some anti-trans stuff he tweeted. He then DMd and asked me for my phone number and when I didn't give him it he proceeded to phone a couple of my friends who are journalists to try to get a hold of it. At one point he ranted and raved down the line at one of them for 10 minutes because they didn't want to give my phone number to a total stranger. I DMd him back saying I'd be happy to discuss anything with him over written communication, but he didn't want that, he just wanted to try to shout down the phone. He then proceeded to make a bunch of thinly veiled threats on Twitter for about the next three weeks.

So this is the evidence I have for the type of person he is.

cool, that is interesting but obviously there are two sides.  It's enough evidence for you but there's not really enough there for me.  At face value, yeah he's obviously a diddy.  Bizarrely enough, not long ago and depending on how it's requested, asking to talk would be a positive, not a negative in my eyes.  There's also a cohort of people that think any mildly considered view on trans issues which don't correlate completely to one side is anti-trans; so would need the context there too.  People get called bigots too easily in my view on this issue.  In my eyes, my gut is to empathise with the obviously marginalised group.  I also think it's common sense that sport has some caveats although to some maybe that makes me Mussolini.

Certainly taking this at face value seems Spence didn't act well but no idea what the catalyst was.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

He didn't want to talk though, he wanted an opportunity to harrass me, as was clear with his interaction with my friend.

I dunno, shouting at someone for 10 minutes to get your phone number when you yourself had declined to do so screams "fun clear the air chit chat" to me

43 minutes ago, tirso said:

cool, that is interesting but obviously there are two sides.  It's enough evidence for you but there's not really enough there for me.  At face value, yeah he's obviously a diddy.  Bizarrely enough, not long ago and depending on how it's requested, asking to talk would be a positive, not a negative in my eyes.  There's also a cohort of people that think any mildly considered view on trans issues which don't correlate completely to one side is anti-trans; so would need the context there too.  People get called bigots too easily in my view on this issue.  In my eyes, my gut is to empathise with the obviously marginalised group.  I also think it's common sense that sport has some caveats although to some maybe that makes me Mussolini.

Certainly taking this at face value seems Spence didn't act well but no idea what the catalyst was.

Fucking hell

I met Jim Spence at a wedding ten years ago (aye, aye, I ken..) and he seemed alright we didn't speak bout politics, mostly fitba.

My pal and I asked him to give us three words to describe Jim McLean

"A wee c**t," was the reply. Made the table laugh.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

He didn't want to talk though, he wanted an opportunity to harrass me, as was clear with his interaction with my friend.

aye, obviously that all being true he's clearly a walloper.  Not denying that.  but it's one side off a guy on a football forum,  I don't mean a disrespect there.  Seems awfy bizarre behaviour over something so needless.  I'll certainly take it into account though.

Edited by tirso