Midlands League

Marten

Cold b*****d of a day at Dundee Violet-Coupar Angus, of course the only goal of the game came when I nipped to the toilet. 1-0 Violet with Coupar Angus hitting the bar from a free kick right at the end. 

Quality wee bar at the ground and the pies were no bad too. 

19 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

How are Broughty able to keep this run up?  Seems mental to me that Lochee can be unbeaten after 19 games with 93 goals scored, a goal difference of +81, and are somehow only second in the league.  

That's football, it's tight and as there are some big differences between the better and weaker sides in the league there aren't that many games in which top sides are likely to drop points.

We looked very good yesterday though, getting some more experience in is now benefiting us. Still all to play for, we are still playing Broughty twice. Broughty have a few tough games coming up. Time will tell!

5 minutes ago, Marten said:

That's football, it's tight and as there are some big differences between the better and weaker sides in the league there aren't that many games in which top sides are likely to drop points.

We looked very good yesterday though, getting some more experience in is now benefiting us. Still all to play for, we are still playing Broughty twice. Broughty have a few tough games coming up. Time will tell!

Are broughty looking for promotion?  I'm assuming they aren't licensed, so are they just pumping money into wages rather than looking at infrastructure?

3 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Are broughty looking for promotion?  I'm assuming they aren't licensed, so are they just pumping money into wages rather than looking at infrastructure?

Quite a bit needs to be done to their ground to get licensed. I'm not aware of any current plans to get it up to licensing standards. So as far as I know, they are not aiming for promotion at this point.

Which is a bit annoying for us as if they do win the league, I'd like them to get promoted so it could give us a better chance next season!

On 17/12/2023 at 14:51, Marten said:

Do you know if there is a realistic timeframe as to when the two matches v Broughty will at least be announced to be played?

1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Do you know if there is a realistic timeframe as to when the two matches v Broughty will at least be announced to be played?

Shouldn't be too long. Our home game was originally planned for the weekend when we had the major floods around here in October, I'd expect it should be announced pretty soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting day at the top today. North End won 2-1 away at Broughty, who dropped points for only the second time this season. The first time was against St. James, who were beaten 2-0 by Lochee United. As a result, Lochee United & North End saw their gaps with Broughty reduce to 6 resp. 8 points, with both sides having 2 games in hand.

image.png.389744d8cf51c28c3cb1a092247ab4c9.png

image.thumb.png.c3dc430ee750793b472379623948332d.png

18 hours ago, Marten said:

Interesting day at the top today. North End won 2-1 away at Broughty, who dropped points for only the second time this season. The first time was against St. James, who were beaten 2-0 by Lochee United. As a result, Lochee United & North End saw their gaps with Broughty reduce to 6 resp. 8 points, with both sides having 2 games in hand.

image.png.389744d8cf51c28c3cb1a092247ab4c9.png

image.thumb.png.c3dc430ee750793b472379623948332d.png

Lochee Utd also have a superior GD in their favour if they win their 2 games in hand

A very remarkable result that Coupar Angus got their first win of the season by winning 1-6 away at Blairgowrie! I know Blair were missing a few important players when we beat them 9-0 the last game pre-Christmas, so I can only assume they are still out. But even than the margin is remarkable.

On 18/01/2024 at 20:24, highlandmac said:

If the trains are running I thought I might give 1 of the lochee teams a visit this Saturday,much chance of them going ahead?

If you get off at Farfar................Lochee United are playing Brechin City in a friendly at Farfar academy plastic pitch. 11.45 kick off. 

Is there any talk in Broughty Ferry of the club potentially going for a license in order to participate in the play offs?

I know stadium improvements aren't necessarily the be all and end all, but usually floodlights etc are one of the biggest barriers (finance wise) to acquiring a license.  With it a being a new floodlit ground I was hopeful that the club were being very proactive this year with a view to getting all paperwork etc in order.

If not, here's hoping Lochee Utd can pip them to the title and then the inevitable annihilation against a vey much overmatched Strathspey in the play-off.

12 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Screenshot_20240120_235737_Gallery.jpg

Game in the balance until the 73 minute when a flurry of penalties were awarded - 3 in fact in 11 minutes. Whilst you could see why they were given you could also argue the case why each wouldnt be given. No doubting Broughty Ath are a good young team and deserved the win overall but a helping hand is always helpful. Looking at the facilities they cannot be far off a Licence but cannot answer if they are potentially looking at it

36 minutes ago, tellyboy said:

Game in the balance until the 73 minute when a flurry of penalties were awarded - 3 in fact in 11 minutes. Whilst you could see why they were given you could also argue the case why each wouldnt be given. No doubting Broughty Ath are a good young team and deserved the win overall but a helping hand is always helpful. Looking at the facilities they cannot be far off a Licence but cannot answer if they are potentially looking at it

Think the only penalty I was not sure about was the 2nd one.  

The other 2 i would agree with the awards.

As far as the licence issue I am not sure what ia happening with that although I hope it is something that is being looked at  however I am not sure what all the requirements for that are.

5 hours ago, CaspianChris said:

Think the only penalty I was not sure about was the 2nd one.  

The other 2 i would agree with the awards.

As far as the licence issue I am not sure what ia happening with that although I hope it is something that is being looked at  however I am not sure what all the requirements for that are.

Spoke to couple people who saw the second pen from different angles and all seemed to agree it was harsh, although the boy sent off for it could've been off for the tackle he got booked for in middle of park. Was very impressed by Broughty centre half Mudie.