Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

49 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

See when you're calling lifelong opponents of discrimination like Joanna Cherry and Martina Navratilova bigots that should give pause for thought but unfortunately not.

I've apologised to both of them.

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

interesting that the world's sexuality is now dictated by a lobby which contains *squints* 45 people who liked a tweet

No, that's an example. It's also an example of a well meaning but gullible person (you) deflecting from discussing the issue.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

No, that's an example. It's also an example of a well meaning but gullible person (you) deflecting from discussing the issue.

Okay. 

How do you feel marginalised or persecuted by people who believe it's bigoted to say you aren't and would never be attracted to a transgender person?

How substantial - in size and influence - do you think these people are?

What interactions do you currently have with people who believe this?

Have you ever met a transgender person?

If the answers to the previous two questions are minimal, what difference will any of this make to your life as a heterosexual man (I assume) who only looks for romantic/sexual interactions with cis-females?

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

My personal favourite way to have a reasoned debate on transgender issues is to angrily demand to know if people like sucking cock or not 

I'm leaving the "which girl's dick did you accidentally see and haven't been able to get over the shame since?" question until I see the answers to the others.

24 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's the right thread for it anyway.

It is a bold strategy using the Heads Gone thread to stir up what got him emptied last time round. I can only assume he is lining up a new alias for the start of the Euros.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Okay. 

How do you feel marginalised or persecuted by people who believe it's bigoted to say you aren't and would never be attracted to a transgender person?

How substantial - in size and influence - do you think these people are?

What interactions do you currently have with people who believe this?

Have you ever met a transgender person?

If the answers to the previous two questions are minimal, what difference will any of this make to your life as a heterosexual man (I assume) who only looks for romantic/sexual interactions with cis-females?

I don't. That's irrelevant, when people want to have this put into legislation it becomes my and everybody's business. Regardless of 'feelz'.  Whic is a big mistake people are making these days, we don't legislate for feelz we do it for reality.

Utterly irrelevant. How many people are murderers?  Yet you're still okay with murder being illegal yeah? 

Utterly irrelevant

Its not about me its about society. Though it could mean me or you losing our job for expressing completely sane commonly held views that are grounded 100% in scientific fact.

Just now, HalfCutNinja said:

I don't. That's irrelevant, when people want to have this put into legislation it becomes my and everybody's business. Regardless of 'feelz'.  Whic is a big mistake people are making these days, we don't legislate for feelz we do it for reality.

Utterly irrelevant. How many people are murderers?  Yet you're still okay with murder being illegal yeah? 

Utterly irrelevant

Its not about me its about society. Though it could mean me or you losing our job for expressing completely sane commonly held views that are grounded 100% in scientific fact.

What discussion is there to have when you just say "irrelevant" to everything someone asks you about it?

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

What discussion is there to have when you just say "irrelevant" to everything someone asks you about it?

That's not discussion, that's childish deflection as you don't have the maturity and courage of your convictions to discuss a serious topic like an adult. If something's irrelevant I'll call it irrelevant.

You can see how dangerous it is even in this thread, the mods of this board felt compelled to delete a couple of sensible, reasonable, objective points. You can't even discuss it among adults on a forum. Even that's not allowed.

There's no point engaging any further. You believe whatever you want mate, I'm perfectly comfortable with my views.

1 minute ago, HalfCutNinja said:

That's not discussion, that's childish deflection as you don't have the maturity and courage of your convictions to discuss a serious topic like an adult. If something's irrelevant I'll call it irrelevant.

You can see how dangerous it is even in this thread, the mods of this board felt compelled to delete a couple of sensible, reasonable, objective points. You can't even discuss it among adults on a forum. Even that's not allowed.

There's no point engaging any further. You believe whatever you want mate, I'm perfectly comfortable with my views.

You're an idiot.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

You're an idiot.

See what I mean?  You're not capable of discussing this like an adult, you just don't have it in you.

If you want serious discussion answer this

Are you okay with a biological man (who boasts that she "loves punching TERFS") fracturing a woman's skull in a combat sport?

Do you see any problems with that?  

No deflection, no childish whataboutery or trying to make it about me.

Does that concern you at all?  Do you see any unfairness or potential problems with that or can you see a way in which it maybe shouldn't be allowed?

3 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

See what I mean?  You're not capable of discussing this like an adult, you just don't have it in you.

If you want serious discussion answer this

Are you okay with a biological man (who boasts that she "loves punching TERFS") fracturing a woman's skull in a combat sport?

Do you see any problems with that?  

No deflection, no childish whataboutery or trying to make it about me.

Does that concern you at all?  Do you see any unfairness or potential problems with that or can you see a way in which it maybe shouldn't be allowed?

No, that shouldn't happen.

I don't see what this has to do with some people on the internet calling people who say they aren't attracted to transgender people bigots though.