Heads Gone - The Peppino Impastato Memorial Thread

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's a bit disappointing that nobody's provided screenshots of @Dawson Park Boy's wee forum for P&B exiles.

Pretty sure that's a wind-up, but this might be the funniest notion of the year.

• Join Scottish football forum
  • Post exclusively about ubermensch right-wing politics
  • Get asked to leave for being a fanny
  • Try another load of accounts, which are all banned
  • Join the "Free Speech Union" and threaten to sue/deliver a damning expose to the tabloids
  • Get laughed at by the "Free Speech Union" and the tabloids
  • Set up your own forum to discuss with your sock puppets how much you hate the Scottish football forum and dirty poor people
Spoiler

red-dwarf-rimmer.gif

18 hours ago, BFTD said:

Pretty sure that's a wind-up, but this might be the funniest notion of the year.

• Join Scottish football forum
  • Post exclusively about ubermensch right-wing politics
  • Get asked to leave for being a fanny
  • Try another load of accounts, which are all banned
  • Join the "Free Speech Union" and threaten to sue/deliver a damning expose to the tabloids
  • Get laughed at by the "Free Speech Union" and the tabloids
  • Set up your own forum to discuss with your sock puppets how much you hate the Scottish football forum and dirty poor people
  Hide contents

red-dwarf-rimmer.gif

It's actually pretty sad that this is their life, when you step back and think on (copyright Brian Potter).

His very mediocre management career is probably over now, so he's pivoted to being a full time right wing gobshite on Twitter.

I did have a laugh recently when I saw a clip of him smugly boasting about winning money betting on Barcelona beating Celtic. Even Elixir would struggle to match that level of gambling expertise 

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Presumably he's on a grift and will announce his GB News show within the next few weeks. That's what usually happens when people are shown to have dreadful opinions.

Which P&B posters will be appearing in the new year?...

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Presumably he's on a grift and will announce his GB News show within the next few weeks. That's what usually happens when people are shown to have dreadful opinions.

How come most of the Sportsound and Sportscene pundits are not on GB News?

I remember watching his debut for them against Hamilton, I was in the pub before Caley v Partick.  He was absolutely shite, the crew of ex-Juniors playing for Accies at that time took the piss out of him, I think he got nutmegged a few times.  Then a few weeks later Scott Brown absolutely dominated him when Celtic beat them 6-0 at Ibrox or something like that.  

The recent comments about his brothers conviction are shocking - you can't get a clearer case of racist murder than that.  At the time, Barton appealed for the killers (the other murderer was Barton's cousin) to come home and give themselves up and during the trial they played tapped phone calls between them where Barton urged them to come home and surrender.

Another point I'd maybe make about it is that Barton's brother has been released from prison in the last year - maybe the best course of action for Joey Barton would be not to talk about it, let his brother try and get on with his life, move on and not draw attention to this.  But nope, the sweet, sweet podcast/Twitter attention crack wins out again.

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Here's a contempary report of the "scrap", as Joey said.  Warning, there is quite a bit of racist language in the report.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/the-killing-of-anthony-the-boy-who-died-because-of-the-colour-of-his-skin-517644.html

Horrendous. 

Joey Barton was accused of assault by beating but the case was thrown out.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11763/12735159/joey-barton-case-of-assault-by-beating-against-bristol-rovers-manager-dismissed-due-to-lack-of-a-fair-trial

The case was dismissed so Barton is not guilty of any offence.  Might be worth noting the following details from the incident though

Mrs Barton, who is said to have been bruised on her forehead and was left with a bleeding nose, was "audibly upset and shaken", when she dialled 999 just before 11.15pm, Wimbledon Magistrates' Court heard.

"My husband has just hit me in the house," she said, telling the operator she had been left with a "bloody nose" after Barton hit her "just in the face", before officers arrived at the scene within 25 minutes.

Body-worn footage played in court captured Mrs Barton saying: "I was pushed and kicked about and stuff."

The officer noted "a bit of a lump and some blood", while speaking to a female officer in a utility room around five minutes later, Mrs Barton said her husband "just flipped out" and "threw me down".

"He was kicking me about," she said, adding, while holding an ice pack to her head, that the alleged attack came "out of the blue".

"I just want him to be removed from the premises," she said.

Prosecutor Daniel O'Donoghue said footage of Barton's arrest shows he was "clearly intoxicated".