Alloa v Rovers

5 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I thought he put in a very good shift midweek, once we were in front. He kept the ball up the park and kept Queens busy. 

Chasing the game, though? Doesn't look like he's going to have a productive afternoon. 

Yeah, Ugwu did well at pressing and forcing the game up the pitch.

We are chasing the game and need some quality from the forwards.  Can't see who will supply that.

Well, that was awful. Pretty much peak Rovers to have it in their hands to secure a play-off against a team bottom of the league who have only won 4 games all season and arse it up.  Huge second half coming up if we aren’t going to do our usual.  Still in this, but need to massively up our game. 

After that onslaught at the start, we’ve looked, for probably the first time this season, pretty solid in our defensive shape.

The work rate without the ball that Scougall brings is making a difference and he’s linked up well with Trouten and Cameron when we look to break.

Excellent finish from Cawley and a tremendous ball from Robbo to pick him out.

Need to make sure we don’t retreat in to our shell in the 2nd half, particularly the first 15-20 minutes.

This is a disaster. One too many injuries, I think. Hard to see the players available breaking through the door, but we were behind at half time at Starks and all it took was a break of the ball from a corner for Davidson to smash in.

Tempting to throw Duku up with Ugwu but hard to see it really helping, feel like it’d just encourage us to go long.

Pars 4 behind us in the live table with Arbroath and Alloa to finish. Play-offs aren’t a done deal yet, let along 2nd.

Not sure how fit MacDonald is, if he’s just an emergency option or if he is capable of a half.

In an ideal world I’d get him on, push Armstrong up. Take Kennedy or Tait off. Also I would take King off and replace with Duku. King has been anonymous once again and if we are putting crosses in the box we need another presence in there. As mentioned elsewhere, Ugwu is dropping to link play but doesn’t have the legs to then get in the box on the end of the cross meaning all we have in the box are pint sized midfielders where you need the cross to be perfect to find them.

This has been a frustrating watch. Ugwu is happy to drop deep and get involved, which is fine, but he doesn't then seem to know where he needs to go to become a threat thereafter. So he'll be at the edge of the area, or the right hand side of it, rather than a danger inside the six-yard-box. Admitedly also not helped by the players in behind being so far away from him. No-one has managed to run in behind to make use of any good work he does do. 

This looks very much like the type of performance we seemed to put in about five weeks in a row earlier in the season, where we struggled to have a single shot at goal. 

Starting to get concerned that every game, another name disappears out the squad. Frankie Musonda today, which adds to a fairly lengthy list, that we can't really sustain. 

Lastly, Peter Grant is a very odd individual. Going absolutely daft because we kept the ball after play was restarted after the Alloa player was down in their box. 

1 minute ago, Paco said:

This is a disaster. One too many injuries, I think. Hard to see the players available breaking through the door, but we were behind at half time at Starks and all it took was a break of the ball from a corner for Davidson to smash in.

Tempting to throw Duku up with Ugwu but hard to see it really helping, feel like it’d just encourage us to go long.

Pars 4 behind us in the live table with Arbroath and Alloa to finish. Play-offs aren’t a done deal yet, let along 2nd.

Yeah, a Pars win and a defeat for us tightens things up massively and given our last two fixtures would be a nightmare. 

I've seen this film before. No dig in midfield, no threat up front, too many players missing, 2nd choice players not good enough and terrible delivery. We should not be losing this but we are and we will. Ugh-wu is next to useless, King is a ghost, Tait not as good as he thinks he is and Aaaarghmstrong would struggle to cross the road at times.

Apart from that, it's all good.

Just now, Offshore Rover said:

My fear is we end up 5th. Not a complete disaster in the grand scheme tho 

My fear also. At the start of the season that would have been a cracking position but from where we are now it would be a catastrophic disappointment. Hopefully we turn it around second half or QOS equalise to ease the fear. 

2 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Lastly, Peter Grant is a very odd individual. Going absolutely daft because we kept the ball after play was restarted after the Alloa player was down in their box. 

That was strange, we had possession 30 yards out when the ref stopped play, why would we give them the ball back?

Also, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a manager as vocal organising his team. He seems to be trying to position each player individually, the type of thing you hear from a under 12’s coach but you wouldn’t think a team of experienced pro’s would need quite that level of direction from the manager.