Alloa v Rovers

The goalkeeper red card/penalty double-whammy has always been a ruiner of games. I didn't realise they were still doing that. Was it the mid-Nineties when that seemed to happen all the time?

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Christ, that's disastrous from Scott Taggart.

Someone in the stand summed that up nicely - "fucking hell, man"  :blink:

And Peter Grant's "you don't understand the rules!", which seems hard to argue with this time. 

Presumably the referee was conferring with the linesman on whether or not the ball was out of play when the contact was made? I can't think why else he'd be involved. 

Taggart undoes so much hard work with his messing around, and it does look like a penalty to me, but I can't understand the red card. 

We absolutely have to go on and win this now. No excuses. 

The goalkeeper red card/penalty double-whammy has always been a ruiner of games. I didn't realise they were still doing that. Was it the mid-Nineties when that seemed to happen all the time?

I thought they’d done away with it unless it was really cynical or really dirty. Thought a foul was a yellow and a penalty these days.

1 minute ago, San Starko Rover said:

I thought they’d done away with it unless it was really cynical or really dirty. Thought a foul was a yellow and a penalty these days.

I can't recall the exact language of the law now, but essentially, if its an honest attempt to play the ball, you don't get the red card and the penalty award. As you say, if its something cynical like a shirt pull or a trip from behind, it's still a sending off, but Parry is just trying to get his toes on the ball and block Ugwu's progress. 

Has completely turned the game on it's head. The Rovers shouldn't look back now, but you have to say that's incredibly harsh on Alloa. 

Duku on for King. Turning the screw. 

Oh well. We had a similar situation about a month ago against QoS.

This might be what finally sends us down, but there's no arguing that it's deserved.