Peterhead v Falkirk 20/04/2021

This is still absolutely ganting. Performance wise not even the slightest improvement from Saturday with the only difference being that Peterhead aren’t as good as Cove. Even with that they’ve had the 2 best chances of the game, their use of the ball has been far better than ours and pretty much dominated that last 20 minutes. Also through Scott Brown they have by a distance the best player on the park so far.

As for our shambles. Where do you even start? Absolutely shite. We’re playing 4-4-2 and there is a wee bit more intensity in our play than against Cove but we still pose absolutely no attacking threat at all and our use of the ball is criminal. So many shitey aimless long punts up the park where we lose the first ball and barely even compete for the second. Our midfield pretty much non existent. All the talk of ‘shape’ when alright we do have a shape about us tonight but that means f**k all when you have no identity about you or a style of play. Like there’s no way anybody could possibly comment on what our style of play is supposed to be. We’re not direct, not compact, don’t counter attack, don’t press, don’t ruthlessly attack, are not a strong defensive team. There’s just nothing about us at all.

Whilst nobody has played well I want to highlight Blair Alston who really should be fucking embarrassed of his level of performance. Considering what we know he can do, and the amount of money I assume we’re paying him he gives us nothing in return.
No presence about him at all.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Im having a hard time accepting that the players in our team arent capable of better, and am now inclined to think that M&M are actually much, worse at managing than we have so far given them credit for.

I just think we are a mixture of older players who's legs are gone, youngsters who are not ready for first team action and players that are not good enough. Is there one player in that team that any of us would lose sleep over if they left. We keep on appointing managers that are good at assembling shite squads, it's becoming a habit.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Smikka Smikka Smoodoo said:

But they had a good old chinwag yesterday. 

No shots on target in the first 45 min = a draw at best .Even if we scrape a win this is desperate stuff . Looks like the players have lost all confidence

Guest Ecosse83

I’d say the players aren’t trying. I just wish the whole lot would get to f**k including Holt. He’s having too much influence and is now on the training ground a lot. The place is a mess. 

36 minutes ago, Russ said:

Not saying it means much but same as Saturday there can really hear the Peterhead bench, Si Ferry in particular, being extremely vocal constantly both encouraging and being demanding of his players. Our 2 not a peep as one stands arms folded and other hands in pockets.

The other two managers use mind bullets 😶

2nd best to Peterhead so far, Alston towing a boat, Kai should be doing his school homework, two rigid full backs, it's not a surprise that we have created fuk all.

I expect a Lee Miller 70 min cameo puffy chested to come to nothing other than holding the ball up better and drawing fouls.

I thought I was watching an episode of father Ted with the halftime music....Midge Ure....ffs......he is a milk thief 

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Whilst nobody has played well I want to highlight Blair Alston who really should be fucking embarrassed of his level of performance. Considering what we know he can do, and the amount of money I assume we’re paying him he gives us nothing in return.
No presence about him at all.

Blair Alston is a fucking hologram.

We're still on to completely undeservedly shitbag this 1-0 and Lee Miller to come out after the game gushing about a much improved performance and how the 'message from the talk on Monday clearly filtered through to the players' etc etc. 

Honestly, we are 45 minutes away from it happening, but say we sneak a win tonight and Cove/Partick drop points... In the long run that keep them in the job and leaves us probably worse off in terms of getting promotion, because its not up for debate that they will shit the bed against all 4 top half teams.

Thing is, a defeat probably doesnt even see them out the door. The tea party will wheel Gary Deans out to have a go at the fans instead.

24 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Is this Falkirk team worse than the one Hartley assembled? I don't want to be a prisoner of the moment but the last 12 games or so has been abysmal.

I originally replied "Yes" to this but now that I've given a bit of thought to it I think this squad is better than McKinnon's squad but with far poorer management.

Oh well that’s Deveneys season over then. I’m sure we can get him a scan sometime in the next 3 months.

McCracken definitely more suited to carrying the stretcher there than being a football manager.