Energy Drinks

Do you really think that most people are in it for the taste? Is there a specific energy drink flavouring ingredient that doesn't exist within regular soft drinks that I'm unaware of?
Tbh it sounds like a coping mechanism that people come up with because they don't want to admit they have an unhealthy relationship with stimulate-adled drinks. 

I've already said there will be people who drink them purely for the buzz. But you said you can't figure out why people drink these "vile" things and I'm suggesting they obviously enjoy the taste as well.

I think the taste is irrelevant. They can make cans of Monster whatever interesting colours they want, but nothing's stopping them just making stuff that tastes like that but doesn't have loads of caffeine in it. The caffeine is the point.

Of course taste is relevant. If they don't taste nice they wouldn't sell regardless of their purpose.

Funnily enough Coca Cola Energy is becoming rarer to find (in this town anyway). I was at the cash and carry a while back and they had stopped selling it because it tanked. I doubt it's because Red Bull or Relentless has a better effect and it's more to do with folk not enjoying the taste.

You'd think having a can of Monster is a gateway drug to freebasing cocaine the way some knicker wetters are going on here 

Same as most things, energy drinks are perfectly fine in moderation but some folk will rip the arse out it

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
50 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
There's a post two above this one saying someone had a can because they woke up and felt lazy. 

I don't doubt there are people who will drink them every day for a boost. But the majority of folk will enjoy the taste. I've tried Monster in the past and think they are absolutely bogging. Regardless of how tired I am I wouldn't be able to drink one.

Monster is absolutely vile stuff , it amazes me that people can  drink a whole can one of those big cans of any of these energy drinks I know that I couldn't. 

42 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
49 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
I think you're quite naive. 

You're not seriously suggesting people who drink energy drinks don't enjoy the taste but power though just to get the 'hit'?

I’d imagine quite a lot do for the same reason people smoke. They aren’t doing that for the taste they are doing it for the nicotine hit.

18 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Remember, every can you buy, folks, puts more money towards RB Leipzig.

Makes you wonder why Red Bull haven't taken over a club in England. There's plenty of ones that have nearly gone bust and a wee bit of capital might get them up into the Championship. 

You might argue about tradition, name changes etc but it would be hypocritical to have a franchise like MK Dons in your league and not, say, RB Leyton Orient.

Of course this idea can get in the sea as far as I am concerned but it may happen one day.

With our new German owners, I’m bang up foR RB Dunfermline.

18 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

I used to drink 2 cans a day while at work in Scotland, either Red Bull (loved the taste) or Monster.  The came to Thailand and had my first "real" red bull red-bull-krating-daeng.jpg (470×627)  Thought I was having a heart attack and had to lie down for a bit.  Probably only had about 10 energy drinks since that day.  Mostly 

616IVSxT9QL._SL1000_.jpg  Strong, but not the syrup medicine tasting like the Red Bull.   Coffee, 2 or 3 cups a day is the go to now, and a cup off tea at night.  

That stuff looks amazing! Got the shakes just looking at the bottle.

On 21/04/2021 at 15:14, Detournement said:

Buckfast-2-1000x664.png&f=1&nofb=1

That was still for the aftermath though. Or at earliest when you got back in from the Friday night. Set you up nicely for all day Saturday then out again iirc

12 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I find it bizarre that people can drink more than 2 cups of tea a day. 

How so? I drink maybe 4 cups of tea a day, rarely drink soft drinks and never coffee.  

Tea is pretty inoffensive .  

White teas can be pretty good for a stimulant buzz. Check out your nearest tea merchant and try it out.

Once read Johnny Marr talking about it. He thought he’d been clean living and cut out caffeine as well as all other drugs. He described his time drinking only white tea as his most prolific productive period. He mistakenly thought it was caffeine free, like green tea. More like a mug of cocaine. 

6 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Check out your nearest tea merchant and try it out.

I will. I think it's situated between the artisan bakery and the cheesemonger in Airdrie.

Eta, I just checked it's a tanning salon now, oh well.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I will. I think it's situated between the artisan bakery and the cheesemonger in Airdrie.

Good to hear Airdrie is gentrifying. You have to be wary about what these places charge though. File under “I saw you coming”. “Yak yak yak.. terroir.. yak yak.. monks.. yak yak.. pandas.. yak yak.. here’s you three wee bags, that’ll be £80”.

3 minutes ago, Abby Normal said:

Good to hear Airdrie is gentrifying. You have to be wary about what these places charge though. File under “I saw you coming”. “Yak yak yak.. terroir.. yak yak.. monks.. yak yak.. pandas.. yak yak.. here’s you three wee bags, that’ll be £80”.

Buying 3 wee bags for £80 is familiar territory for people from Airdrie.

Guest bernardblack

Don’t usually like giving money to Starbucks, Costa et al. But they’re iced caffe latte’s (available from all major supermarkets) are sublime. 

53 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Don’t usually like giving money to Starbucks, Costa et al. But they’re iced caffe latte’s (available from all major supermarkets) are sublime. 

Come on man.