Energy Drinks

10 hours ago, Qos91 said:

I used to work with a guy about 4 or 5 years ago who drank at least 6 red bull a day. Think he was in his early 40s and he had the worst set of teeth Id ever seen. He told me a doctor had told him to stop drinking it or he would die very young.

Met him in the street last march with a can of red bull in his hand...

He showed him then!

39 minutes ago, stevieKTID said:

The bad boy teenagers over here like to have an energy drink and combine it with a big fat weed joint, seems like a very strange pairing, no wonder they're so confused. 

Can confirm that's how I started. Great buzz. 

1 hour ago, stevieKTID said:

The bad boy teenagers over here like to have an energy drink and combine it with a big fat weed joint, seems like a very strange pairing, no wonder they're so confused. 

I've sat in parties where folk are flicking between the weed malaise, the coke hype and the k hole. Just a weird mix to sit and hit. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I've sat in parties where folk are flicking between the weed malaise, the coke hype and the k hole. Just a weird mix to sit and hit. 

Yeah weird been at plenty of those parties, back in my days of class A indulgence weed was always reserved for the comedown and energy drinks didn't exist. 

Simpler times mate. 

3 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Do you ever get worried at all about your caffeine intake? It seems dangerously high tbh if you have as many coffees, energy drinks etc every day.

It can be sporadic now. Not at a desk next to a coffee percolator all day now so tend to cram them in early. Off work today so have had maybe 10 espressos but have had vigorous exertion to burn it off. 

23 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Energy drinks are for fat, sweaty gamers and folk who play Warhammer.

22 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Surely the latter comes under the former? 

I've seen you posting in the crypto thread... you're one step away from cracking open a red bull. 

You’re both on my list.

Never had an energy drink but I have been a tea drinker most of my life.

These days maybe 5-6 cups/day but none after 4pm.

Might be a lot of caffeine but it’s healthier than the 20 or so units of alcohol per day I used to consume

I occasionally have a can of Monster, specifically Pacific Punch and Monarch. 

When I worked in Tesco one of our supervisors would drink a six pack of Blue Spark (iirc) a day, whilst also smoking and having a terrible diet, I'm also certain he'll be dead by now.

21 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Only recently started drinking coffee. Hated the stuff then got addicted to espressos. Slowly moved on to Americanos or just black coffee without sugar.

Sounds like you're ready for the hard stuff, a proper turkish, with the grounds left in. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Sounds like you're ready for the hard stuff, a proper turkish, with the grounds left in. 

That stuff is absolutely mental. I don’t have a huge caffeine tolerance, and most I’ll have is a couple of coffees in one day (if I haven’t eaten enough sometimes a second coffee puts me on edge), but I had a proper Turkish coffee once and was absolutely wired for hours afterwards. Absolutely horrendous feeling, and stomach in turmoil.

That stuff is absolutely mental. I don’t have a huge caffeine tolerance, and most I’ll have is a couple of coffees in one day (if I haven’t eaten enough sometimes a second coffee puts me on edge), but I had a proper Turkish coffee once and was absolutely wired for hours afterwards. Absolutely horrendous feeling, and stomach in turmoil.
I use they coffee bags (like tea bags but with ground coffee). Often have one to give me a wee pick up before a nightshift and the effect can vary from nothing, all the way up to me suddenly realising ten minutes into the shift that I am prattling shite at an alarming rate

5 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Not a smoker myself really but always found it accentuates whatever you're on. Mixing coke and ket doesn't sound like a good time although I know for a fact I was at a gaff recently where folk were doing that. Think I bailed before I could see how that panned out.