Energy Drinks

It's a no for me. I like 3 or 4 cups of coffee a day when I'm working and apparently that's in something of a sweet spot for consumption. I don't really notice any effects other than reducing tiredness and loss of concentration. That's probably off topic, just a comment on caffeine in general.

I've only ever had a couple of occasions of feeling ill effects, last time had a starbucks coffee before an interview and it made me feel like shit, probably a pile of sugar in there on top of the caffeine. Not my favourite interview when you mix that churning feeling with the usual nerves.

I used to drink 6-10 coffees a day and barely noticed it. I would also have tea, but had trouble sleeping if I had coffee after about 3pm and tea after 6.

Gave it up for about 3 years completely, but recently started on the coffee again. Just one at 7 when I get up, and one about 2pm,and I'm fucking fleeing after both of them. Old man's body I presume. 

Never really touched energy drinks - look like absolute gut rot to me 

37 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I was going to go looking for this when I saw the thread title. Vile stuff. 

A few years ago I worked with a guy who ended up in hospital for a few weeks because of these things. I don't actually remember ever seeing him drink a lot of them, so he either lived on them at home or was overly sensitive to them. Either way, not for me.

I'm quite partial to a Dragon Soop on occasion I must admit but not before or during work 
Have never tried these. They are the one caffiene product im a bit intrigued about.

Sort of thing id have drank early on a Saturday after a heavy friday, back when I used to be free to have 2 and 3 day belts at it on the weekends [emoji852]

56 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Energy drinks are for fat, sweaty gamers and folk who play Warhammer.

Surely the latter comes under the former? 

I've seen you posting in the crypto thread... you're one step away from cracking open a red bull. 

3 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

One of my best mates who is a lorry driver nearly died because he drank too much RedBull . Now he is on heart tablets for the rest of his days. He turns 40 next year.

So aye for me I bide away from them  

Code: Stick to Irn Bru

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Have never tried these. They are the one caffiene product im a bit intrigued about.

Sort of thing id have drank early on a Saturday after a heavy friday, back when I used to be free to have 2 and 3 day belts at it on the weekends emoji852.png

I chugged one down before running for the train to the fitba a couple of years ago. Had the shakes afterwards. They're as strong in caffeine as Monster and the like and with about 9%abv added in.

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

One of my best mates who is a lorry driver nearly died because he drank too much RedBull . Now he is on heart tablets for the rest of his days. He turns 40 next year.

So aye for me I bide away from them  

What was his health like generally? I may be stereotyping but is it perhaps possible he was also a fat b*****d? The whole murdering hookers and watching over your shoulder can't be good for the auld ticker either.

Quite partial to a Monster Ultra before going to the gym. 

Recently found the new flavour 'Ultra Fiesta', which can only be described as tasting like summer. 

Had cut down significantly a few years prior, but stopped Red Bull completely five years ago after a can and a half the day before an exam gave me a full blown anxiety attack with side order of palpitations. It's only when you look at it in detail exactly how much horror there is in a can, someone I knew a while ago said from a health point of view he actually preferred the columbian marching powder over it*

I barely touch caffeine at all now.

mkay.thumb.jpg.6e3e1449f6cc40ac6ccf06f52685a166.jpg

Edited by Scorge