Energy Drinks

Vodka & red bull (or whatever shite substitute) was my go to drink in my student days. Don't mind the occasional drink of a can now, but wouldn't drink it on the regular.

I used to be partial to some of the dirt cheap mystery cans from the Polish aisle in Tesco, but I've long since gone off all energy drinks. Even the smell of Red Bull turns my stomach.

I'll just stick to healthy soft drinks like Coca Cola and Irn Bru from now on.

Not saying this will be the same for everyone... but switching from caffeine drinks (coffee, coke, red bull etc.) to  water did more for improving my mental health than years of SSRIs, exercising, cutting down on alcohol, and counselling.

Which is a shame as I really like those drinks!

Guest bernardblack
11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Vodka & red bull (or whatever shite substitute) was my go to drink in my student days. Don't mind the occasional drink of a can now, but wouldn't drink it on the regular.

Used to spend all night on the vodka and red bulls as a student...no wonder I used to get horrific hangovers 

I used to drink 2 cans of red bull a day for years in my 20’s when I was at work - one before starting work at 8 and one on my 1030 tea break. It would turn me into a hysterical babbling lunatic, I would charge around the place like a headless chicken talking utter shite until the effects would ease off by lunch break at 1300 and I would return to being fairly normal again.

Don’t bother doing it now, probably have 5 cans of it a year but this thread has brought back some fond memories.

Only ever tried red bull. Tastes like haliborange with a hint of benylin. Foul. 

Strong coffee on the other hand tastes like it was invented by god for the angels. 

Trying to cut down again, to no more than two a day (probably triple shot measures).  Sometimes though, exceptional circumstances demand more. A long drive would be unsafe and an impending deadline could be missed without it. 

Love Red Bull. The buzz is helpful but like the taste too. Pitchers of TVR (tequila, vodka, red bull) was my favourite drink. Drink loads of espresso and black coffee too, though only late in the day if I have to work late. Would have Red Bull before sparring too. Good mix of jangling nerves and energy boost. 

Enjoy sugar free Red Bull and Irn Bru ones but favourite is Coca Cola Energy. Love the stuff. It tastes like the bottom of a melted cola tiptop.

I usually have one before work and on rare occasions have two. I have a low caffeine tolerance so if I have an energy drink I normally don't have a coffee.

I used to work with a guy about 4 or 5 years ago who drank at least 6 red bull a day. Think he was in his early 40s and he had the worst set of teeth Id ever seen. He told me a doctor had told him to stop drinking it or he would die very young.

Met him in the street last march with a can of red bull in his hand...

What's the point in sugar free Red Bull? You're drinking something purely for its stimulation benefits, are you trying to kid yourself that it's somehow healthy?
It tastes better than the full fat one.

I don't touch them as a rule. Maybe the occasional Lucozade. Call me snobby but watching neds down cans of energy drinks puts me off them. I think there's something wrong with your diet/lifestyle if you have to continually drink the stuff.

Red Bull's active ingredient is Taurine. Or (tinfoil hat on) is it TA Urine..... :1eye

Edited by tamthebam
Bloody predictive text

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

That's not the Red Bull let's be honest here. 

Well the severity of it all was entirely down to the red bull though, it was like the spud interview from Trainspotting every morning for my coworkers. Some people claimed they never got a proper boos from drinking it and just enjoyed the taste which I always found interesting.