World Cup 23 qualifiers

Lurkst

15 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not that there's anything the SFA could've done about it but the Ireland game clashing with Celtic v Leipzig is less than ideal as is moving it to an 8pm kick off for those taking kids.

I didn't bother last night due to the weather but will get along on Tuesday.

I think reading between the lines, moving it to 8pm was a decision out of their hands. I finish work at 5.30 and have dinner booked at 5.45 in Mount Florida, 8pm isnt ideal for me either, but I'll live.

Clashing with the men's Champions League isn't ideal, but it is what it is, maybe FIFA could have structured this international window better, but these were the dates given.

Hope it's still a big crowd on Tuesday despite the issues.

37 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Not a WC qualifier but shocked to see only one USA player sing the anthem. Bug contrast from the English lassies and ours last night 

These girls are in a different league from ours. The physicality level being the main one.

Some game btw. England getting the rub of the green from the officials to say the least.

Edited by Lurkst

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye to be fair to him he sings it before every game. Pretty shocked only Horan was singing tonight for USA

There's a bit of previous there regarding protests from them though?

On 07/10/2022 at 20:03, Thereisalight.. said:

Not a WC qualifier but shocked to see only one USA player sing the anthem. Bug contrast from the English lassies and ours last night 

Americans don't really sing along with their anthem at any sporting event. They usually have someone singing it and everyone stands listening with their hand over their heart. It's a pretty weird experience. 

Usual tactic by the SFA for a women's international of sneakily opening one section at a time for ticket puchases. Dunno if they're trying to ensure maximum spread of Covid or what.

They do this for men's games too, it's just that the men's ones sell more quickly. It's clearly better for the atmosphere to have the crowd packed in the same area rather than spread right across Hampden.

I'm aware that a win after penalties counts as one point for the purposes of calculating who the best winners are. What about a win after extra-time? Is that three points or one? I can't find this anywhere. 

@craigkillieyou're normally good with this sort of stuff 🙂

1 hour ago, the southside brazillians said:

If we win tonight, what results in other games will get us automatic qualification?

Any win for Wales or Portugal. 

In the case of the Portuguese we'd have to match or better their score, but we are in the fortunate position of kicking off last.